BPS Knives of Ukraine

New day, new knife !

IMG-0019.jpg
Congratulations :) :thumbsup:

rDDeBFR.jpg

🐝Techno Bee
IMG-8291.jpg
How'd you find it? I bought one for another member, seemed very pocketable, and I liked the sheath. I'm not really a Neck Knife guy, but would pocket carry one :thumbsup:
My small collection. I wish BPS would offer more model with flat grind.
ATB :cool:
53449312415_40e258c7fc_b.jpg[IMG]
You're certainly far from alone there :) :thumbsup:

I might have all of their flat grinds, and I have two of them. (Savage and HK4.)
[The "Hunter Set FP" is news to me.]

Last edited:
Oh wow, I don't know there is such a big thread about BPS in the traditional forums.
I got the HK1 in 65G in early 2022. It was cheap, 20% less than they are now, and from the then no name Amazon brand, nothing but the "Made in Ukraine" makes it stands out, which wasn't even engraved on the blade back then. It was a little fishy. The destruction of the AN-225 Mriya is the reason for me to buy it.

It is fine, look and function much like the Mora Companion, the finish is rather rough unlike the later production you guys have here. The 65G/1066 rust way too easy. They didn't have the stainless version in stock for another year. I wanted a somewhat longer blade, but the finger grooves ones were the only options. I tend to avoid finger grooves handle unless I get to handle them before purchase.

Seem like they have a lot more models now. Though I'm happy with what I got.

I might have all of their flat grinds, and I have two of them. (Savage and HK4.)
[The "Hunter Set FP" is news to me.]
Same here! :D :thumbsup:
Oh wow, I don't know there is such a big thread about BPS in the traditional forums.
I got the HK1 in 65G in early 2022. It was cheap, 20% less than they are now, and from the then no name Amazon brand, nothing but the "Made in Ukraine" makes it stands out, which wasn't even engraved on the blade back then. It was a little fishy. The destruction of the AN-225 Mriya is the reason for me to buy it.

It is fine, look and function much like the Mora Companion, the finish is rather rough unlike the later production you guys have here. The 65G/1066 rust way too easy. They didn't have the stainless version in stock for another year. I wanted a somewhat longer blade, but the finger grooves ones were the only options. I tend to avoid finger grooves handle unless I get to handle them before purchase.

Very interesting Deino :thumbsup: The steel does rust easily, my Savage is the first and only knife I forced a patina on. Rust hasn't been a problem since (I even keep it in the sheath). I'm not a fan of finger grooves either, generally. BPS have a lot more models, but really just more of the same :thumbsup:

e1tmrUV.jpg

This is a very cute story)

Same here! :D :thumbsup:

Very interesting Deino :thumbsup: The steel does rust easily, my Savage is the first and only knife I forced a patina on. Rust hasn't been a problem since (I even keep it in the sheath). I'm not a fan of finger grooves either, generally. BPS have a lot more models, but really just more of the same :thumbsup:

e1tmrUV.jpg
What method did you use to force a patina? Mustard or vinegar? I have the new DBK Bushcrafter and may want to do a patina on it. It is sitting around right now, out of the sheath of course but in the paper sleeve.IMG_0604.jpegIMG_0603.jpeg

What method did you use to force a patina? Mustard or vinegar? I have the new DBK Bushcrafter and may want to do a patina on it. It is sitting around right now, out of the sheath of course but in the paper sleeve.
Just wrapped the blade in kitchen towel, and soaked the paper in vinegar. I'm sure you could do a better job, particular if you take the scales off :thumbsup:

S6ss3lk.jpg

Thanks, I have brass pins so would be blade and exposed tang. Appreciated. How do you like the 1066? I know should hold a decent edge & not hard to sharpen. How does it compare to say 1075 and 1095?

Maybe one day I'll get round to doing a proper job! :D :thumbsup:
Thanks, I have brass pins so would be blade and exposed tang. Appreciated. How do you like the 1066? I know should hold a decent edge & not hard to sharpen. How does it compare to say 1075 and 1095?

I haven't really noticed any difference.

I agree with Jer, the steel works fine, and sharpens easily, much better than I would have expected. The only knife I've received that had a dull edge was the Boot Knife, the rest arrived shaving sharp :thumbsup:

Back