Buck 101 Hunter Club

Ha ha ha i hate to admit it but i slice myself quite often with or without a guard! I claim a knife isn’t mine until it draws my blood 😂😂
Good thing I don’t have that same deal with my guns?

Wow only 8 members in this club? Don’t i feel special. I guess this is probably why the 101 was discontinued? You think?
For the record i love my new 101!

Wow only 8 members in this club? Don’t i feel special. I guess this is probably why the 101 was discontinued? You think?
how many would be in the 101 and BMW bike club...maybe only 1?😁

ya got to change the title to include club in it....there is more of us.....they maybe haven't figured out its a club thread now.

Exactly, without the liner the updwept tip can slice through the sheath on the way in.
I'm sure you'd have to insert the 101 just right for this to happen, but it certainly could very easily for a 102 or 212.
yep done it myself on a 212 custom made sheath

A club ! I didn't know this was a Club ! : )

I've own this model since 2019:

Buck "1 of only 18" Charcoal Wood Handle. Handle at bolsters is accented with black G10 and red paper spacers

Model Number - 0101GYSLC

Production year - 2018

Steel - 420HC

No Date Code - instead of the date code - etched “BUCK” with the anvil symbol with a “B” in the center of the anvil “USA”

Includes - COA, black box, leather sheath. Cardboard Mailing box with pilfer proof tape

Made by Joe Houser

Where's the beer and the girls ? : )

YNGH i was told i needed to change the name of the thread and i did for the reason to enlighten the masses.
Do we need photographic proof for club membership or is a description good enough?
First time as presiden….er a “Grand poo bah” of any kind of ownership club.
I’m sure we would love to see it regardless! 😊

YNGH i was told i needed to change the name of the thread and i did for the reason to enlighten the masses.
Do we need photographic proof for club membership or is a description good enough?
First time as presiden….er a “Grand poo bah” of any kind of ownership club.
I’m sure we would love to see it regardless! 😊
Photos are always Awesome ! I just don't have time right now AND would need to figure out imgur, Etc. I barely have time to write this sentence ! : ) Respect to the Grand poo bah !

From the first run, 007

Buck110Fixed.jpg

The 101 is an odd duck. I carry the 110 every day - I think it’s probably the most versatile knife I’ve ever owned, and I love the feel of it in my hand. Part of that versatility is that it’s a folder, and I can belt carry it (as is my preference) without the unwanted attention of carrying a fixed blade. Of course, that was a big part of the reason the 110 came to be, so it makes sense. I bought a 101 a while back, because it seemed like a no brainer - a fixed blade version of my favorite knife. But for whatever reason, the 101 just doesn’t resonate with me. If I’m reaching for a Buck fixed blade, it’s typically the 117 or 102, or possibly the 105 or 192. A big part of what makes the 110 work so well is that it’s a folder, because it’s a folder on purpose. If it were supposed to be a fixed blade, it would have come out different - case in point, the 113. It makes sense is because they redesigned the 112 to function as a fixed blade. Not so with the 101(eveled hit the nail on the head here - post #38). To this end, the 101 is kind of gimmicky to me (but hey I bought one, so it worked).

Of course, there’s nothing intrinsically bad about it - great blade, handle, etc.. it’s just an odd duck. Nothing wrong with that though. It’s handsome and it cuts. At the end of the day a knife needs to function and the 101 does so as well as any. At the very least, it makes a great paring knife. Worst case, if I found myself stuck somewhere with a 101, I could be a lot worse off than a blade with which one can adeptly hunt, fish, and process both food and wood. And no, there’s no guard, but in a pinch you could get pretty stabby with that knife. Let’s not forget the 110 does have a knife fight prominently in its storied history.

I’ll stick with my 110, but enjoy the heck out of those 101s, fellas.

Copper and Clad has the 101 oak 5160 in stock - act fast there were only 11 in stock !

EDIT: Never mind - sold out. That took about 5 minutes. It feels like the 101 is getting more and more popular (as knives do once they are discontinued). I got one - I hope others in the club got one (or new members !)

Copper and Clad has the 101 oak 5160 in stock - act fast there were only 11 in stock !

EDIT: Never mind - sold out. That took about 5 minutes. It feels like the 101 is getting more and more popular (as knives do once they are discontinued). I got one - I hope others in the club got one (or new members !)
Buck sends out their knives now and again as they come across blades in the shop to clear them out or sell the warranty stock.

Back