Buoy, Junior, & the Bull

That really is a beautiful setup. You really should do a lot more of this stuff.

All this time I've been seeing the sheath as leaning to black. o_O
Prettier in daylight and I love the texture - no patent leather there :thumbsup:.

This is a very, very nice kit. Have I said that yet? :) Whoee Whoee ...

Good for several Redmeadow threads :D

Ray

Hmm, I don't see the slave laborer's quarters; where do they sleep, under the workbench? o_O

Oh, I could break lots of stuff in a shop like that :cool:.

The look on your face :( - I think you mean it. :eek: :D

Too clean John - but I know it feels good to get some clean space between projects :thumbsup: Any windows? I'm sad for a man who works in a room without windows.

Ray

One window, I'd like to put a larger one in though.

If you do, the word'll go out and foreign spies will soon be watching, stealing all yer secrets and whatnot. They've got cameras now that even look down from space at right angles. Think about it...

Making a block of smokestack.
IMG_20180604_234336067-1024x1365.jpg ↓Roughing up the finished side with a 40 grit belt. That'll help with a velcro-like stick when they're compressed.
IMG_20180605_005602959-1024x1365.jpg ↓Theres no glue in this block, just compression (old video)
↓Dried Grinder Bucket muck and Vinegar
IMG_20180605_140520-1024x768.jpg ↓Cookin Vinegaroon, yum.
IMG_20180605_161620815-1024x1365.jpg ↓Hand sanding teaser
IMG_20180605_233602-1024x1538.jpg

Dare I ask - is this a Smokestack Bullnose? I like the sound of that, in any case. :thumbsup:

Ray

You would be correct sir! Smokestack bullnose does have a bice ring to it (we call the black stacked leather ''smokestack' round cheer)

I still need to try a smoke-ring stack, where just the outer edges of each leather piece are black and the center left natural. Like the smoke-ring on a brisket. It would give interesting stripes in the handle, or look like a disaster. A forged chopper left with a rough finish would look good with that. 'Brut de Forge de Smoke de Ring'!

Back