Busses and Whisky

Like a caramel / honey version of Laphroaig.

Ledaig1.jpg

Ledaig2.jpg

Like a caramel / honey version of Laphroaig.

Ledaig1.jpg

Ledaig2.jpg

It really is "wonderfully peated." Very nice.

I was really liking Ledaig a few years ago when I could get it for around $35 a bottle, but now it's more than Laphroaig 10YO, which is even more wonderfully peated. So now I only have old pics.

I told my wife about this closeout and her first words were “Buy them all.” Gotta love her. :)

We recently went through this with one of her favorites for mixing, Compass Box Orangerie, when the last few bottles in Oregon priced at $5 each! Only managed to snag a few of those before they were gone.
I read some reviews and notes on that Compass box~ damn if that doesn't sound tasty as hell! Might have to look for that one.
Kind of funny, yesterday I get an email from the wife, a link to some "top ten" list of single malts~ the best part is at the bottom they put these stupid low prices. The one I liked the best was a picture of Macallan25 and this was at the bottom "Shop The Macallan From $10, drizly.com" I laughed thinking, oh, I get it she thinks I'm only spending 10 to 15 bucks on these bottles o_O:D:D:thumbsup:

If you like peated scotches, compass box "no name" is a must try

If you like peated scotches, compass box "no name" is a must try
Well I have to be honest about the peated smoky- Having now collected 5 different smokes, having fell absolutely head over heals with this Aberlour A'bunadh, I'm kind of moving on to my new thrill of Oloroso Sherry casks~ And just this evening picked up a new thrill and will have a new picture for you shortly.

Good one.
Since you or on the sweet kick. Glenmorangie Signet should be next. One of the tastiest bottles I have ever had.
Dude, I was back and forth with Glenmorangie D'Or ~ thoughts? I seriously had 3 or 4 different ones in my hands but come on, 18 years in Orloroso sherry casks? how can you not try that right? but getting real for a moment- man, I am getting some new flavors here that are really cool. I can't nail it down, it's not right at first and I'm not picking it up on the nose, but midway through the palate, I'm getting something really different and tasty - It doesn't finish sweet like the A'bundh at all but sweet right up front. I almost feel like I'm starting to get this sht a little bit! ~ Yeah, I hope I don't fall nuts over head for this because it's not cheap but I just had to try it once or it would drive me crazy not knowing.

Dude, I was back and forth with Glenmorangie D'Or ~ thoughts? I seriously had 3 or 4 different ones in my hands but come on, 18 years in Orloroso sherry casks? how can you not try that right? but getting real for a moment- man, I am getting some new flavors here that are really cool. I can't nail it down, it's not right at first and I'm not picking it up on the nose, but midway through the palate, I'm getting something really different and tasty - It doesn't finish sweet like the A'bundh at all but sweet right up front. I almost feel like I'm starting to get this sht a little bit! ~ Yeah, I hope I don't fall nuts over head for this because it's not cheap but I just had to try it once or it would drive me crazy not knowing.

If you ever make it up to Colorado, we'll have a drink at my place.

Well, here's another secret of my edumacation, I've been vegging out on Whiskey Vault/Tribe with Daniel and Rex for weeks now and those guys make this a lot of fun for a student pilot. Those cats are living their dreams that's for sure. I've learned so much from them. Here's my thing though, Bourbon, can't do it- sht makes me gag and that's just a fact so this is much more enjoyable and way more interesting than Tequila, there's just not the same kind of variety and I've been zeroed in on my agave preferences for years so this has been fun and having guys like you to mentor have made it all that much more enjoyable. I never in my mind imagined liking whisky straight up like this.

This grass is delicious
w1.jpg

Something is in my way
w2.jpg

Hmmmm
w3.jpg

It smells alright
w4.jpg

Better do a headbutt test
w5.jpg

There is liquid inside
w5a.jpg

Do I drink from this end?
w5b.jpg

Never mind back to eating grass
w6.jpg

Also just tried the smokehead sherrybomb, I had bought it for a friend, and we both really liked it. Very flavorful, I don't feel like the sherry was actually as overpowering as the description makes it out to be and the pear complemented the sweetness really well.

Also just tried the smokehead sherrybomb, I had bought it for a friend, and we both really liked it. Very flavorful, I don't feel like the sherry was actually as overpowering as the description makes it out to be and the pear complemented the sweetness really well.

Never had it and it is not available anywhere near me. Have yu had uighedail o lore and how does it compare to that if you have had it.

HAHA! What's funny is, I bought a bottle of that recently and I'm yet to open it- forgot all about it till I saw those pics- which are cute as hell.... Got a feeling you've acquired a new friend man, and what a cutey that little feller is.

Never had it and it is not available anywhere near me. Have yu had uighedail o lore and how does it compare to that if you have had it.
I've had both of those. We actually had some lore at the same time as the smokehead. The smoke head was similar to the lore but with an initial sweetness from the sherry, slightly less "salty" but still with a nice peaty flavor and lingering light sherry finish overtop the traditional Islay taste. I'm not great at describing flavors, sorry. But we definitely liked it and I'm going to try and find another bottle.

Back