Busses and Whisky

Timely pairing! New bottle Nadurra ~ clocks in at 59.87 :D New oak fill ~ I think I'm spoiled man with these tall abv's, they seem to be the ones to grab my attention. Speaking of tall, holy crap this Regulator is one amazing hunk of Infi~ I walked around the shop just whacking wood everywhere LOL! ~ Wow! ..... Warning- they are sharp too` not telling how I know just believe me. :eek::confused:

sychoregulator.jpg

Little follow up on this Nadurra~ This is one I will buy again. Although it's not like the sherry casks I've been enjoying the most, it is quite enjoyable with a nice flavor profile that's completely different.

Invite is always open. If you guys were local, I would certainly have you guys over.

One of these days my friend. :) I was in CA for work at the time, or I might have mentioned it sooner.

While out in CA, I bought a bottle of the 12 YO Macallan Triple Cask. I wasn't overly impressed to be honest. While still good (I am a fan of Macallan as a whole), it didn't seem to bring anything extra to bear above and beyond their normal 12 YO stuff. Especially not enough to warrant the extra cost.

Any of you guys tried the Rittenhouse Rye? Good pour for the money IMO.

New Flavor Friday! .... popped for my first Macallan, the basic 12 sherry cask black box. Love the dark color (hope it's not colored), got some hit to it but the biggest thing that stuck out was - how to get the damn cork out! I tried cutting, peeling and nothing- finally I saw the cork part and the skirt were turning separately so I twisted and pulled and SOB! I got the cork out! I was seriously getting pissed off - So not a good first impression LOL! ~ On the taste - got to tell ya, this is really reminding me of something I've already had. I don't sense abundant sherry cask sweetness - on the nose, there's a new smell there that's dominant, overwhelming - I know it, smelled it before but can't quite put my nose on it but when I do ... almost like the glue used in the plastic of Band Aids- or the plastic of band aids???? That sounds really messed up but it will come to me, obvious as hell. It might be one of them medicinal things I've seen you talk about? it's going to come to me because instantly I recognized it as something I know well..... On the pallet, also again, got something weird going on. I almost went for a 18 but decided no, lets start with the one on the public shelf and kind of glad I listened to my gut.
If I want to experience wild and crazy smells and tastes of things that otherwise would be objectionable, I've always got the Ardbeg Corryvreckan for that experience that asks "Why da'F am I drinking this?" ~ ... I'm coming around to it but this is one fact I know, Corryv- is NOT a beginners Scotch by any stretch HAHA!

almost like the glue used in the plastic of Band Aids- or the plastic of band aids????

Iodine?

I'm just finishing my bottle of Ledaig. A bit rough but I'm surviving. Then it's back to Laphroaig, and all will be right in the world.

New Flavor Friday! .... popped for my first Macallan, the basic 12 sherry cask black box. Love the dark color (hope it's not colored), got some hit to it but the biggest thing that stuck out was - how to get the damn cork out! I tried cutting, peeling and nothing- finally I saw the cork part and the skirt were turning separately so I twisted and pulled and SOB! I got the cork out! I was seriously getting pissed off - So not a good first impression LOL! ~ On the taste - got to tell ya, this is really reminding me of something I've already had. I don't sense abundant sherry cask sweetness - on the nose, there's a new smell there that's dominant, overwhelming - I know it, smelled it before but can't quite put my nose on it but when I do ... almost like the glue used in the plastic of Band Aids- or the plastic of band aids???? That sounds really messed up but it will come to me, obvious as hell. It might be one of them medicinal things I've seen you talk about? it's going to come to me because instantly I recognized it as something I know well..... On the pallet, also again, got something weird going on. I almost went for a 18 but decided no, lets start with the one on the public shelf and kind of glad I listened to my gut.
If I want to experience wild and crazy smells and tastes of things that otherwise would be objectionable, I've always got the Ardbeg Corryvreckan for that experience that asks "Why da'F am I drinking this?" ~ ... I'm coming around to it but this is one fact I know, Corryv- is NOT a beginners Scotch by any stretch HAHA!

Yeah, these new tamper-proof Macallan corks are bonkers weird. :eek:

Iodine?

I'm just finishing my bottle of Ledaig. A bit rough but I'm surviving. Then it's back to Laphroaig, and all will be right in the world.

I was thinking Iodine as well.

Iodine?

I got a bottle of Ledaig about three years ago, and found it nearly as good as Laphroaig, but for about $15 less. Seemed like a really good value at the time. Now it's a few bucks more than Laphroaig, which makes it seem really kind of pointless.

Yeah, Macallan has a new combo twist cork. Kinda cool once you know. We had the same issue with these.
eIY762G.jpg

I don't have my stash of Redbreast 12cs built up yet. I'd like this tariff to hold off a bit longer. :D

Enjoying this one as I type ~ This is also the cheapest bottle I've bought I think- Lot of body and finish with a respectable ABV Certainly some new things going on with the Port cask finish, the wine certainly comes. Closing up the pool day so put the InfiDu to use sizing up the old solar cover, like a hot knife through soft butter :D ~ and what does the wife say? "What if you drop that thing?" I said, "it will go through my foot so good idea not to drop it" with a grin - they scare her HAHA! ... truth is she married me because I make her nervous :D I really dig my 75 cent yard sale glasses ;)

QuintaRuban.jpg

Last edited:
Better stock up on those single malts before the 25% tariff on Scotch goes into effect (like JFK did with Cuban cigars just before he banned them).

Ouch. Hadn't heard about that. :mad: :thumbsdown:

ETA - So, I wonder if that goes into effect immediately? As in, everything currently sitting on store shelves suddenly goes up 25% overnight?

I assume tariffs only apply at the point of import, so bottles already on the shelf should be fine. Stock up on now!!! :cool:

It's supposed to start October 18. I imagine importers are stocking up too, so we might not see a big price jump right away. And then there's always the chance that they'll work something out regarding the illegal Airbus subsidies and the tariffs will just go away.

Seems like I picked a bad time to get into scotch.

Guess I'll just slum it with Wild Turkey.

Back