Busses and Whisky

My amazing girlfriend decided to surprise me tonight.

Kv7aHTU.jpg
She gave you all that? I think you meant to say fiancee...

Another 2-Fer Saturday and in celebration of my first year of Whisky I broke out the security detail of the "Gemini Guard" I went a little different this week. After watching Whisky Dic's review on the "Spots" I got all fired up to find me a bottle of Yellow Spot. It took a couple stores and I thought I struck out again. As I was checking out the lady asked if there was anything else I wanted I said "Matter of fact yes, are you hiding a bottle of Irish Whisky back there called Yellow Spot?" She said I think so! and grabbed it from the shelf behind the counter - She said "that's where we keep all the good sht" HAHA! And I also picked up this OYO, This is an Ohio craft brew from Columbus, it's a straight red winter wheat whisky I'm interested in trying but for now, it's all about this Yellow Spot.... damn, you guys have got to try this one if you have the chance. Lastly I mentioned I should revisit the Balvenie Doublewood so I grabbed it last weekend and yes, it seems a lot different that I remembered. So If Jerry see's this he should be deterred of attempting to raid my back deck when he see's the formidable sentry of Gemini's HAHA!

Gemini Guard of Yellow pot and OYO.jpg

Another 2-Fer Saturday and in celebration of my first year of Whisky I broke out the security detail of the "Gemini Guard" I went a little different this week. After watching Whisky Dic's review on the "Spots" I got all fired up to find me a bottle of Yellow Spot. It took a couple stores and I thought I struck out again. As I was checking out the lady asked if there was anything else I wanted I said "Matter of fact yes, are you hiding a bottle of Irish Whisky back there called Yellow Spot?" She said I think so! and grabbed it from the shelf behind the counter - She said "that's where we keep all the good sht" HAHA! And I also picked up this OYO, This is an Ohio craft brew from Columbus, it's a straight red winter wheat whisky I'm interested in trying but for now, it's all about this Yellow Spot.... damn, you guys have got to try this one if you have the chance. Lastly I mentioned I should revisit the Balvenie Doublewood so I grabbed it last weekend and yes, it seems a lot different that I remembered. So If Jerry see's this he should be deterred of attempting to raid my back deck when he see's the formidable sentry of Gemini's HAHA!

View attachment 1350081
Awesome pic!

Thanks T! I've been wanting to do that one for a while and today was worthy of breaking out the Team :D

Little follow up - I cracked open that OYO Wheater and instantly, and I mean instantaneously I said to myself "this is a twin to Michters Rye" that's exactly where I went to. Real grassy/grainy - I'm going to try a blind test with a buddy of mine who turned me onto the Michters in the first place. I think this is a little bit richer, lot of body.

Last edited:
Man. If I start DRINKING..... on TOP of my other vices......

Demons. They will all turn into demons. Not monkeys on my back, but demons on my soul.

Just cant do it at this point.

This whisky is pretty great in my opinion. Thanks again to my girlfriend.
The knife and glass aren't bad either.
2xUbCdS.jpg
I was REALLY tempted by this one on Saturday- they had a bunch of the GOT ones on the end of an isle all on sale and at the moment I only have one smokey Islay, Ardbeg Uigeadail and I've been thinking of snagging another L16.... oh dammit... another seed is sprouting, little barley seed, drying by the smokey heat from the bogs..... :oops:

I'm pretty sure that would help most people :p

Yeah. I should do less youtube. Go outside and chop more wood. Go for more walks. Cook more healthy meals. You've got to do something to combat the craziness of the world right now, without going more crazy yourself. I think a 'healthy' mindset is essential in times like these. Also coffee.

Yeah. I should do less youtube. Go outside and chop more wood. Go for more walks. Cook more healthy meals. You've got to do something to combat the craziness of the world right now, without going more crazy yourself. I think a 'healthy' mindset is essential in times like these. Also coffee.
I was with you up until coffee :D

Found this little gem this past weekend on clearance for $20.

It's only reasonable to get it.
yiZC87Z.jpg

hUDqeai.jpg

Rather... It's be UNreasonable not to get it!

Still.. I wonder if it's any good?

Back