Busses and Whisky

IMG-8988.jpg

Hopefully 2030-2038 won't be affected by Covid caused shortages of 10-18YO Single Malts!

Last edited:
Hey Strangers!
I am lacking a photo, because I drank it so fast and weather was sht, and you know I gotta stab my patio table. But I have a whiskey for you to try - buddy of mine, a bourbon guy, sends me a pic - say's get over here. I go over. He explains what it is. It's a rye, which we've shared lots of rye's together. But this is a "finished" rye. In rum casks. And there's more. So I asked him, How do you rate it? he said, easy call, best drink I've poured in 2022.
It may be hard to find, but you must try, Angels Envy, Rum cask finished Rye~ They also have a bourbon version I guess? I'm not a bourbon guy in the least.
As soon as I find another bottle, I'm doing an updated "Team Gemini Honor Guard" photo. It's going to set you back a buck, but I'm telling you, worth every cent and if not I'll buy what you got left! I'm that positive.
And if you've already had it, what did you think? Considering it's a rye? Surely just as much as I liked it, someone will be 180 just as passionately. :D

Hey Strangers!
I am lacking a photo, because I drank it so fast and weather was sht, and you know I gotta stab my patio table. But I have a whiskey for you to try - buddy of mine, a bourbon guy, sends me a pic - say's get over here. I go over. He explains what it is. It's a rye, which we've shared lots of rye's together. But this is a "finished" rye. In rum casks. And there's more. So I asked him, How do you rate it? he said, easy call, best drink I've poured in 2022.
It may be hard to find, but you must try, Angels Envy, Rum cask finished Rye~ They also have a bourbon version I guess? I'm not a bourbon guy in the least.
As soon as I find another bottle, I'm doing an updated "Team Gemini Honor Guard" photo. It's going to set you back a buck, but I'm telling you, worth every cent and if not I'll buy what you got left! I'm that positive.
And if you've already had it, what did you think? Considering it's a rye? Surely just as much as I liked it, someone will be 180 just as passionately. :D
I've had it, it's not bad, but too sweet for me. I personally think it's too pricey for a young MGP rye, but everyone has different tastes. Their other product is a port cask finished bourbon.

I've had it, it's not bad, but too sweet for me. Their other product is a port cask finished bourbon.
See, that's one I expected for sure. It sure has a sweetness to it. But when i think about all the rye's I've had, some of the Whistle pigs costing much more, I found it to be much smoother and enjoyable to savor. Compared to say a Michters, you would never know they were made from the same grain. I just didn't get any of that signature rye taste/bitter/ don't know what to call it, but you know what I mean 😁 I'm having a Uigeadail evening so my reasoning currently is indicative of the elevated ABV :D

I’ve had Angel’s Envy bourbon, finished in port wine casks, as I recall. Their bourbon is outstanding… if you can’t get Buffalo Trace. I think my local pusher has AE rye. I think I’ll try it now.

Back