Busses and Whisky

HEre are two incredible Scotches

vRNyPkw.jpg

Nice!! I've heard the Lagavulin 12 is better than the 16, but I've never tried it. How do you find it?

Nice!! I've heard the Lagavulin 12 is better than the 16, but I've never tried it. How do you find it?

The lagavulin 12 year is the best lagavulin made. It is the pure cask strength liquid coming out of the cask. The only thin that compares to it is not a lagavulin but Octomore. Octomore is my favorite peated scotch, with lag 12 runner up. Then Ardbeg Corryvreken.

HEre are two incredible Scotches

vRNyPkw.jpg

A few years ago for my birthday, I splurged and bought a variety of bottles from Springbank. I got the Springbank 12 year CS and the 10 yr and Longrow NAS and the 10 yr. My favorite by far is this bottle of 10 year Longrow that I’ve been savoring. I finished the NAS Longrow first, so that’s the only reason this bottle is still so full.

Since I tend to shy away from whiskies with strong sherry finishes, I ended up trading the other Springbanks to a friend for a couple bottles of Lagavulin 12, oddly enough.

I agree with you on the L12. That whisky sets the bar so high.

Attachments

• 9B4E803E-740E-415A-B56C-0FB93180699E.jpeg
    9B4E803E-740E-415A-B56C-0FB93180699E.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 7
A few years ago for my birthday, I splurged and bought a variety of bottles from Springbank. I got the Springbank 12 year CS and the 10 yr and Longrow NAS and the 10 yr. My favorite by far is this bottle of 10 year Longrow that I’ve been savoring. I finished the NAS Longrow first, so that’s the only reason this bottle is still so full.

Since I tend to shy away from whiskies with strong sherry finishes, I ended up trading the other Springbanks to a friend for a couple bottles of Lagavulin 12, oddly enough.

I agree with you on the L12. That whisky sets the bar so high.

That longrow looks tasty. I just picked up a limited 14 year sherry cask 58.5%. Amazing stuff

That longrow looks tasty. I just picked up a limited 14 year sherry cask 58.5%. Amazing stuff
Oooh, there's some serious horsepower :D ~
So you like Lag12 over 16 eh? I wonder, if it's cheaper? that 16 was not inexpensive but I'd buy it again in a heartbeat....at least so far. but I've got to find me that L10 before I get to thinking I know anything yet HAHA!

Green spot and yellow spot are both good. Teeling is good as well. I personally love Redbreast 12 year Cask Strength.

Just picked up a bottle of the Redbreast 12 CS....wow that is nice! Thanks for the recommendation.

Oooh, there's some serious horsepower :D ~
So you like Lag12 over 16 eh? I wonder, if it's cheaper? that 16 was not inexpensive but I'd buy it again in a heartbeat....at least so far. but I've got to find me that L10 before I get to thinking I know anything yet HAHA!

No. Lag 12 is more expensive and hard to get because it only comes out once per year. It is usually allocated at stores, not typically on the shelf. When I am not in the mood for cask strength, I mix it with the 16 and it is awesome.

Just picked up a bottle of the Redbreast 12 CS....wow that is nice! Thanks for the recommendation.

That is my favorite regularly available irish whisky. Red Breast 15 is my next favorite. But 15 is really expensive for it's age. 21 year is great to, but ridiculously priced.

Hey Cobalt (or any other peat-heads)..... quick question for you!

I'm trying to narrow in on my birthday bottle for this year, and as a Corryvrekan devote, am seriously intrigued by Octomore! It looks to be unavailable in Tucson, but a quick trip to Phoenix or even San Diego might satisfy (and also serves as an excuse to unleash the P-car). But which one should I look for?!? There are so many "editions" (8.x, 9.x, etc) to choose from.... should I be on the hunt for one in particular, or just grab the first one I find?

Thanks in advance... I will post up a review and pics with some bacon when my quest is fulfilled!

Forgot to mention that the difference between the 6.1, 7.1, 8.1 and the 6.3, 7.3,8.3 series is that the .1's are Scottish barley and the .3's are Islay Barley. The difference is infinitesimal and not worth any extra cost. In fact, I tend to prefer Scottish barley bottlings.

Snagged a Lap10 today~ I went in and the shelf was full. I told the checkout gal glad they restocked. She said "that stuff has been flying off the shelf, are you the one buying it all?" I told her no, they've been out and I'm yet to even try it. She mentioned as soon as they stock up it's gone. I told her it's apparently a very popular smoky peat - she stuck her tongue out and said "Ewww" HAHA! she struck me as a "wine in a box" kind of gal.
Might this be one to stock up on and bury in the basement?

No, it is available everywhere, will never go away. I usually wait till it goes on sale for 29 bucks before I buy a few bottles.

OK, loaded up~ I'm going in :D ....
OK, Hmmmm... that was a stiff kick in the mouth... Hmmmm.... smoky :D if I said a sense of a drier smoke than the Lag16 would that make any sense? Hmmm.... If I were to compare the 2, I'm compelled say, this has more of something? and less of something? else. I have no idea what.... but that's what my instincts are saying....Feels like some decent horsepower in there LOL!

Lap10withCrusader.jpg

Last edited:
Lagavulin is an ashier peat, while laphroaig is more medicinal.

Back