Off Topic by special request: Snarkalicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a sweet shift. I work the normal 8-5, Pacific time.
Love my shift. It was 6-2, but then they made us start clocking out for lunch, hence 2:30. Makes no sense to me really. I never took breaks before, but now I take two, 15 minute breaks, so I'm still working the same amount of time.

I'm not really that bad. One rum and coke is all. Tall glass, 3/4 full of rum, the rest coke, haha.

Well, last night we were hanging out talking. I drank half a bottle(750ml) of vodka, a pint of Hennessey, and 3 beers... were talking for about 3 hours. Soooooo we decided we should take a break from drinking for a week and see how it goes. (What she doesn't realize, I don't drink very often, but when I do I make it count LOL!)

hey, not for nothing, but a person could spend some dollars per year, and have amazing hosting services at smugmug.com (like i've been using since this forum started). yup, i pay to host pictures FOR YOU ;) (also if i refer you, we both win ;)

also, if you're making even a dollar a year in "trade sales", or making and selling, well, shit, buy hosting. course, as a paid BF member, you can host here in some fashion, but you'll have to decide what quality levels you want.

good to know bladite, i will check it out... i need to buckle down and ger my pics off PB

i thought PB had a mass exit feature - download all as zip?

smugmug has a drop and drop feature, and various import/export features for backups /etc. it's very geek friendly. the mobile app is good too.

not sure what PB has as far as downloading my pics, i just got back on over the weekend.... password and account issues.... on phone now but need to get on pc and be done with them

i thought PB had a mass exit feature - download all as zip?

smugmug has a drop and drop feature, and various import/export features for backups /etc. it's very geek friendly. the mobile app is good too.
Nope, one album at a time. Even the sub albums have to be downloaded separately.

Yep, what the Warrior said. One album at a time. We have now officially saved all 8K of our pictures from PB to an external drive and will be put in our safe. It was a bitch to do, but damn am I glad we're done with it!
I still have quite a few to DL. It's kind of buggy, tbh. You have to do the dumb robot thing, and it doesn't work half the time.

good to know, will check out the smug mug thingie :D

Might actually get some dirt time this weekend...no family stuff, no weddings, no work. Wife is outta town. Contemplating what to to...

Yep, what the Warrior said. One album at a time. We have now officially saved all 8K of our pictures from PB to an external drive and will be put in our safe. It was a bitch to do, but damn am I glad we're done with it!
FWIW - copy them to a second drive as well. Stupid things do die even with very limited use. Two is one. One is none. Personal experience here.

Working on plans for chasing the eclipse and visiting family in Eastern Tennessee in one round trip.

Any one else making plans to see it?

Might actually get some dirt time this weekend...no family stuff, no weddings, no work. Wife is outta town. Contemplating what to to...
My weeks vacation starts after work this afternoon. Been waiting for it for months. Was going to go to the cabin tomorrow morning. Then, all of a sudden, my niece decides to get married Saturday. Story of my life, haha.

Working on plans for chasing the eclipse and visiting family in Eastern Tennessee in one round trip.

Any one else making plans to see it?

Not I, but my sister, b-n-l, nice and her husband have been planning it for over a year. They are signed up to go with a group set up by NASA.

The group is all staying in some hotel in Kansas and will board buses early that morning to drive to where NASA will be predicting the least cloud cover for the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back