Off Topic by special request: Snarkalicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last check for the night.

iQQMTNUl.jpg

It's like living in Seattle! ;)

My thoughts are with you and your family, DunkEm DunkEm . Cancer sucks and always has the nasty tendency to take those you love away from you. I also hope you aren't too negatively impacted by the rainfall there, sounds like record breaking stuff.

I didn't bother watching the Mayweather/MacGregor fight. It is hard for me to watch an event that was purely motivated by money and promoted by arguably two of the best athletes in the world whilst acting like children. I understand that is pretty much the way things are done but damn, that is hard to want to get behind and support...

That being said, my wife trains in various mixed martial arts so she went and saw the fight. She said she was surprised and impressed by how well MacGregor did. If I had a preference I would have preferred Mayweather win. As 91bravo 91bravo said, it is his turf, his sport and he didn't need to go out with a loss to an amateur boxer. Though part of me was curious how a MacGregor win could impact the boxing world...

I didn't bother watching the Mayweather/MacGregor fight. It is hard for me to watch an event that was purely motivated by money and promoted by arguably two of the best athletes in the world whilst acting like children. I understand that is pretty much the way things are done but damn, that is hard to want to get behind and support...

That being said, my wife trains in various mixed martial arts so she went and saw the fight. She said she was surprised and impressed by how well MacGregor did. If I had a preference I would have preferred Mayweather win. As 91bravo 91bravo said, it is his turf, his sport and he didn't need to go out with a loss to an amateur boxer. Though part of me was curious how a MacGregor win could impact the boxing world...

A McGregor win would have shut the boxing world down. When I boxed in the Army back in the late 90s, MMA was quickly coming up at the time. Today, MMA dominates the fighting world, much more so than boxing. McGregor did last 10 rounds with the current best pound for pound boxer and that speaks volumes. McGregor already contemplating his 2nd professional boxing match! I knew Mayweather would drag him out into to deep water, and then feed!

A McGregor win would have shut the boxing world down. When I boxed in the Army back in the late 90s, MMA was quickly coming up at the time. Today, MMA dominates the fighting world, much more so than boxing. McGregor did last 10 rounds with the current best pound for pound boxer and that speaks volumes. McGregor already contemplating his 2nd professional boxing match! I knew Mayweather would drag him out into to deep water, and then feed!

I'm a big boxing fan (my dad boxed in the Army in the early 70's, and my great grand father boxed in mining towns around Colorado. In fact he once fought Jack Dempsey in cripple creek Colorado)

I still wanted McGregor to win though. I just don't like mayweather. And I'm not a big fan of the way he fights. Go up, score a couple points, them run till the end of the round.

Dunk, Sorry for your loss.

I've been offline since my last post here. We lost Inet service due to high winds. Connection is still iffy and more off than on.

I'm much further from the coast than Dunk is. I've only had about 6.5" of rain. Still 1/6 of an average year's total. My sister down in Spring, Texas (just north of Houston) has had over 35". Her 5-1/2" rain gauge ran over a few times. She finally left Houston today after they lost electrical power, so no more rain updates from her.

seattle is in pretty bad shape when you have to have needle patrol before your kids can play soccer, football, baseball or whatever do to all the hypes there...

and to think they want to pass a bill where the hypes can have a government funded haven to shoot dope while a paid nurse stands by and watches...

Sad situation for many down south/east Texas... prayers for sure

Whats up guys haven't been around for a while. was going to post a picture of my BK15 for a glorious return but f-ing photobucket changed to pay posting 3rd party. Feels like an ad spam site too almost crashed my browser. Oh well. 700 becker pictures trapped on photo bucket (!!). I imagine there are a lot of broken picture links on BF now.

Whats up guys haven't been around for a while. was going to post a picture of my BK15 for a glorious return but f-ing photobucket changed to pay posting 3rd party. Feels like an ad spam site too almost crashed my browser. Oh well. 700 becker pictures trapped on photo bucket (!!). I imagine there are a lot of broken picture links on BF now.
Good to see you back man.

Yea we all got nuked!!!! But we are rebounding and slowly salvaging and reposting. I don't know you but ya have a early number. Welcome home Brother

seattle is in pretty bad shape when you have to have needle patrol before your kids can play soccer, football, baseball or whatever do to all the hypes there...

and to think they want to pass a bill where the hypes can have a government funded haven to shoot dope while a paid nurse stands by and watches...

Sad situation for many down south/east Texas... prayers for sure

I fail to see the relevance of any of this, not only is it political and this out-of-place in this part of the forum, but the only part that ties it all together is the city that was mentioned. It's like you just wanted to go on a rant about my home town and all it took was mention of it to make it ok.

The situation you describe is part of almost every major city, if you go to certain less-fortunate areas; the only thing that is even city-specific is the legislation, and that would cut down on the instances of the situation you described.

But seriously, politics shouldn't be discussed anywhere in the forums except the Political Arena, just because you're not a paying member doesn't mean you get a free pass to post politics anywhere you want, even if you hang out here and know many folks here. It just isn't right for this thread or this subforum to bring in divisive topics for no real good reason.

Saw the most amazing thing. It's was really big, and orange, and super bright, and up in the sky...

I'm glad that you stayed up and running Dunk. And a new dawn is rising. Unfortunately I think the hard part is just beginning for the Texans. The only thing that should be raining on you now is Prayers and a Giant relief effort. Stay diligent Brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back