Off Topic by special request: Snarkalicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the only pic I have right now. Everything else is on my Gopro. I'm still upstate and I will pull the SD card when I get back to the computer. Trying out my Sawyer filter in between rain bands. Found this puddle about 4 miles into the climb. The filter work great for about 6 mouth fulls. But it was like pulling thru a very thick milk shake. I tried to fill the squeeze bag that came with it but that doesn't work to well. It doesn't fill up like a bottle. I ended up using the back flow syringe to fill it. I capped it and threw it in my pack. Later at the 6 mile half way point which is an old fire tower I screwed on the filter and gave it a squeeze and got a good clean 8oz of water. On the back of my operator hat is an old school Beckerhead patch given to me by @FAL'ER

Last edited:
soooo PISSED....

I have a four plex im restoring, got a call from the neighbor tonight that back door was open... I worked there yesterday until 6pm... luckily most my more expensive tools and generator are the basement chained up and door secured with two sheets of plywood screwed with square bits... but they stole my HEPA shop vac.... $550 gone, along other miscellaneous items that add up to a couple hundred...freaks were even going to steal my new $15 walmart shoes as i change into work clothes when i get there....as they had more stuff piled up by back door for when they came back...

Ive installed exhaust fans in all 4 baths, well the motors are installed later after paint, they were in their boxes still, in the easement behind the units i saw a piece of paper that were instructions to fan.. i walk through easement and two doors down see my boxes in this dudes yard... Ive called the cops earlier, i then call them back and tell them to hurry as im getting ready to go up there and theres no telling what will happen...

I found small boot prints on the floor in the drywall dust, like womens boots... Ive been working there by myself since March and have seen this tweaker chic walk her dog a handful of times since then, we've never spoke until Thursday.... I know its her now, but she lives next door to where i found the boxes... I found a cheap flashlight by the basement entrance outside, i plan to work there tomorrow and when i see this tweaker im going to call her over telling her i have something of hers... then im going to give her the flashlight and the whole nine yards and tell her im tulsa police...:) reason im almost positive its her is cuz i was talking to old lady across the street who swears theres no way it was the guy i found the boxes in his yard, i told her about ladys boot prints and she told me that girl always wears boots... bingo, the talk and everything else came together.....

its one thing to steal but to steal a mans tools is crossing the line BIGTIME... shes getting busted just doesnt know it yet....

That sucks BCK, I hate hate hate thieves. Hope things work out and you get your tools back.

Super slow motion...

any tool i left on a job site worth more than $$$ would have a "Tile" on it, plus my name and phone # ;)

not that the police would need such information.

Tile leads your brute squad to the perps.

i hear that sheet rock screws in bone hurt a lot :D

Back to work, and glad to be here. I was bored to death yesterday.

soooo PISSED....

I have a four plex im restoring, got a call from the neighbor tonight that back door was open... I worked there yesterday until 6pm... luckily most my more expensive tools and generator are the basement chained up and door secured with two sheets of plywood screwed with square bits... but they stole my HEPA shop vac.... $550 gone, along other miscellaneous items that add up to a couple hundred...freaks were even going to steal my new $15 walmart shoes as i change into work clothes when i get there....as they had more stuff piled up by back door for when they came back...

Ive installed exhaust fans in all 4 baths, well the motors are installed later after paint, they were in their boxes still, in the easement behind the units i saw a piece of paper that were instructions to fan.. i walk through easement and two doors down see my boxes in this dudes yard... Ive called the cops earlier, i then call them back and tell them to hurry as im getting ready to go up there and theres no telling what will happen...

I found small boot prints on the floor in the drywall dust, like womens boots... Ive been working there by myself since March and have seen this tweaker chic walk her dog a handful of times since then, we've never spoke until Thursday.... I know its her now, but she lives next door to where i found the boxes... I found a cheap flashlight by the basement entrance outside, i plan to work there tomorrow and when i see this tweaker im going to call her over telling her i have something of hers... then im going to give her the flashlight and the whole nine yards and tell her im tulsa police...:) reason im almost positive its her is cuz i was talking to old lady across the street who swears theres no way it was the guy i found the boxes in his yard, i told her about ladys boot prints and she told me that girl always wears boots... bingo, the talk and everything else came together.....

its one thing to steal but to steal a mans tools is crossing the line BIGTIME... shes getting busted just doesnt know it yet....

That sucks! Sorry to hear about your troubles, I absolutely hate thieves, there isn't much worse in my book...
I have an old buddy who is a general contractor and recently decided to get into water, fire, etc restoration. He has been perpetually plagued by thieves. Being a contractor of any sort seems to paint a huge target on one's back.
I hope you get your stuff back, or at the very least, some form of justice.

This is the only pic I have right now. Everything else is on my Gopro. I'm still upstate and I will pull the SD card when I get back to the computer. Trying out my Sawyer filter in between rain bands. Found this puddle about 4 miles into the climb. The filter work great for about 6 mouth fulls. But it was like pulling thru a very thick milk shake. I tried to fill the squeeze bag that came with it but that doesn't work to well. It doesn't fill up like a bottle. I ended up using the back flow syringe to fill it. I capped it and threw it in my pack. Later at the 6 mile half way point which is an old fire tower I screwed on the filter and gave it a squeeze and got a good clean 8oz of water. On the back of my operator hat is an old school Beckerhead patch given to me by @FAL'ER

Looking forward to seeing more of your pics, Tanker 1/66 Tanker 1/66 . I have both the Sawyer and the Lifestraw, I hate them both. They are undoubtedly effective and so I keep one or both as backups but they simply are inefficient to use when I am surrounded by so much water where I am at. I use the Katadyn Hiker Pro which is just plain awesome! When I am thirsty, I like to chug, the straw type filters are not conducive to chugging. :D

https://www.flickr.com/photos/153781516@N05/@Pàdruig Yea I agree with your assessment. But I climb with my sons philosophy. Ounces lead to pounds and pounds lead to pain. I'm thinking about getting a steri-pen and some coffee filters or cheese cloth to remove the sediment. I keep this in the gun safe so my family will have enough clean water.i also made a drip filter system out of 2 five gallon homer buckets. I gave it to my Brother-in-law during Tropical storm Sandy. I guess I will make another one lol.

let it be known...

Ethan's area got smited by lighting and his fragile ecosystem of radio towers for internet connectivity is such that he might be offline for up to 3 days...

let it be known...

Ethan's area got smited by lighting and his fragile ecosystem of radio towers for internet connectivity is such that he might be offline for up to 3 days...
Damn, that sucks.

Just picked this up from JD @710
It's a beast!
I'm gonna have fun with this one!

Ii3R5td.jpg

Our severe heat wave broke. Now it is merely miserably hot, instead of lethal.
However, I must apologize for my ingratitude that I am not anywhere near the gulf.

Hitting the woods after work for the weekend, hoping a nice bull or even a deer will let me shoot it... :D
Not sure how many pictures I will get to take, but I will certainly do my best regardless of how the hunt goes.

Pleeeeaaaaase post pictures of you chopping with that bad boy, and some other blades for scale! It looks awesome.
Sorry so late Daizee...
Here's a few for scale.
Both the 710 and Siegle Bolo are 1/4". They both have an extremely long sweet spot and hit deep like no other.
The exagerated drop on the 710 kukri hits very hard.
The Siegle and 710 are my favorites due to performance out of the whole bunch.

dM70nkz.jpg

I have to chuckle because the BK9 is a huge knife and gets dwarfed next to the rest.
If I had to rank these in chopping ability...(personal preference) it would be as follows:
1- Bill Siegle Becker handled Bolo
2- 710 Kukri
3- BK-20 Bundock Bowie
4- BK-9 The King
5- BK-21 Reinhart. Could very well move up in the rankings with a good convexed edge.
*These are my own opinions and not meant to stir up controversy.

Hey fellas, i have been m.i.a. for a while but still love all my Beckers. I just wanted to wish any other floridian beckerheads who are still in th state like myself, luck with this monster of a storm. We were going to leave but didn't want to take the chance to run out of gas and get stuck. House is boarded up the best we could do and we are going to neighbor's who has hurricane proof wondows. If any of you guys get the chance and are the believing type, please say a prayer for all of us. Things are going to get very hairy here in Tampa. Ty and be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back