1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Off Topic by special request: Snarkalicious!

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by 1066vik, Jul 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    trying to figure out if I actually need a mig/wire feed welder or if I only want one.
    either way, which 110V model? hobart handler 140, or klutch inverter model? (factory rebuilt model under $300)

Bladite likes this.
  2. tradewater

tradewater Geezerator Moderator

Jan 24, 2011
    I've got the Hobart and it's a great little machine. Use it to tack weld and for thin stuff. Had it since they first came out and no problems. Need to clean and/or replace the liner fairly often if you use cheap wire just like any of them.

3. tradewater

tradewater Geezerator Moderator

Jan 24, 2011
    I could totally do without it though Vik. Since I got this...[​IMG]

tanglediver and DerekH like this.
  4. DerekH

DerekH Handsome According to my Mother Moderator

Nov 18, 2010
    You know, I happened to rewatch some vids from the second gathering the other night, and in the course of it I pulled out my BK5, and you are right, it is a heck of a knife.

I am wondering how it would stack up in direct competition against the BK9...

5. Charlie_K

Charlie_K

Jul 16, 2012
    Dude, your avatar matches the structure of your post way too well in this one.

6. Tanker 1/66

Tanker 1/66 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    My only real issue is that the 5 is a baton eater. Velocity kinda makes up for weight compared to the 9. But the 9 is king and Kings weigh alot in my pack. My other choice is the mighty 4. But I really want to get a picture of @91bravo Bk5 12 miles in and 3900 feet up with all the Catskill mountain range laid out behind it.

7. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    That's your knife now bro! Would love to see it out in the wild with battle scars on it! With food, fire and all that is manly!

MarriedTheMedic and Tanker 1/66 like this.
  8. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    it's not a baton eater - it's a feather stick generating feature.

The Warrior likes this.
  9. tanglediver

tanglediver Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2013
    I'ld rather have 220 power. If you only plan on joining 1/8" steel, then maybe. In arc-welding, the axiom holds true, "Go big, or go home." Sooner or later, (usually sooner) you want/need to weld thick material, plate thickness, or a homogeneous assembly that amounts to thick material. Tradewater's Lincoln Idealarc is the proverbial 400 pound gorilla, really nice example too!

10. DerekH

Nov 18, 2010
    Pics from the gathering incoming. I have to clear out the extras. Cool fact about camera, it shoots 11 frames per second. Not so fun fact, it shoots 11 frames per second. Dear sweet Katie had 86 pics of a grasshopper.

Xr6x likes this.
  11. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    Yikes.

12. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    6000 of lizards :D

Xr6x likes this.
  13. DerekH

Nov 18, 2010
    So many lizards, like bajillions.

14. Charlie_K

Charlie_K

Jul 16, 2012
    Apparently Godzilla stole one of Destroyah's key features.

15. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    I need to go on a hike, or an overnighter, or...

Aikiguy likes this.
  16. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Gazillions of them at the cabin too. All over the place.

17. cbwoods67

cbwoods67

Oct 12, 2010
    Freaking do it man. You probably won't regret it.

I just got back from a hike after running a chainsaw for a couple hours this morning, and it was one of the best hikes I've been on in a long time.

18. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    And no photos? Sad...

Just kidding. Freakin' got hot here again. 92° today. I'm on a weeks vacation in a few weeks. Supposed to be highs in the lower 70's, and upper 60's. My kind of weather.

19. cbwoods67

cbwoods67

Oct 12, 2010
    Yeah I hardly ever take the time to take photos. Slows me down too much. Plus, this location is top secret.:D

When I looked at the weather this morning, the heat index was supposed to be over 100. Not sure if it actually got there but I drank a lot of water.
    I don't mind the heat too much, but I will be glad when it cools off and the bugs slow down a little.

Bladite likes this.
  20. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Heat kicks my ass.

On a side note, I think this would chop:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.