Off Topic by special request: Snarkalicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
trying to figure out if I actually need a mig/wire feed welder or if I only want one.
either way, which 110V model? hobart handler 140, or klutch inverter model? (factory rebuilt model under $300)

trying to figure out if I actually need a mig/wire feed welder or if I only want one.
either way, which 110V model? hobart handler 140, or klutch inverter model? (factory rebuilt model under $300)
I've got the Hobart and it's a great little machine. Use it to tack weld and for thin stuff. Had it since they first came out and no problems. Need to clean and/or replace the liner fairly often if you use cheap wire just like any of them.

I could totally do without it though Vik. Since I got this...
P1030901.jpg

Ounces lead to pounds, pounds lead to pain. The Bk5 actually gives me the most blade length to weight. It has a place in my pack. Along with my 16 and my Yellow KaBar 1097

You know, I happened to rewatch some vids from the second gathering the other night, and in the course of it I pulled out my BK5, and you are right, it is a heck of a knife.

I am wondering how it would stack up in direct competition against the BK9...

You know, I happened to rewatch some vids from the second gathering the other night, and in the course of it I pulled out my BK5, and you are right, it is a heck of a knife.

I am wondering how it would stack up in direct competition against the BK9...

My only real issue is that the 5 is a baton eater. Velocity kinda makes up for weight compared to the 9. But the 9 is king and Kings weigh alot in my pack. My other choice is the mighty 4. But I really want to get a picture of 91bravo 91bravo Bk5 12 miles in and 3900 feet up with all the Catskill mountain range laid out behind it.

I'ld rather have 220 power. If you only plan on joining 1/8" steel, then maybe. In arc-welding, the axiom holds true, "Go big, or go home." Sooner or later, (usually sooner) you want/need to weld thick material, plate thickness, or a homogeneous assembly that amounts to thick material. Tradewater's Lincoln Idealarc is the proverbial 400 pound gorilla, really nice example too!

Pics from the gathering incoming. I have to clear out the extras. Cool fact about camera, it shoots 11 frames per second. Not so fun fact, it shoots 11 frames per second. Dear sweet Katie had 86 pics of a grasshopper.

Pics from the gathering incoming. I have to clear out the extras. Cool fact about camera, it shoots 11 frames per second. Not so fun fact, it shoots 11 frames per second. Dear sweet Katie had 86 pics of a grasshopper.
Yikes.

6000 of lizards :D

So many lizards, like bajillions.

I need to go on a hike, or an overnighter, or...

I need to go on a hike, or an overnighter, or...

Freaking do it man. You probably won't regret it.

I just got back from a hike after running a chainsaw for a couple hours this morning, and it was one of the best hikes I've been on in a long time.

Freaking do it man. You probably won't regret it.

I just got back from a hike after running a chainsaw for a couple hours this morning, and it was one of the best hikes I've been on in a long time.
And no photos? Sad...

Just kidding. Freakin' got hot here again. 92° today. I'm on a weeks vacation in a few weeks. Supposed to be highs in the lower 70's, and upper 60's. My kind of weather.

And no photos? Sad...

Just kidding. Freakin' got hot here again. 92° today. I'm on a weeks vacation in a few weeks. Supposed to be highs in the lower 70's, and upper 60's. My kind of weather.

Yeah I hardly ever take the time to take photos. Slows me down too much. Plus, this location is top secret.:D

When I looked at the weather this morning, the heat index was supposed to be over 100. Not sure if it actually got there but I drank a lot of water.
I don't mind the heat too much, but I will be glad when it cools off and the bugs slow down a little.

Heat kicks my ass.

On a side note, I think this would chop:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back