"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

The boss lady brought me the distributor’s order sheet and said, “You should be able to type those SKU numbers into our system and see what each of those knives looks like.” I said, “I hate to tell you this, but I already know what all of these knives look like.” :D

:D Congratulations on your promotion and this new opportunity that came along with it. Have fun!

The side I didn't work on still looks good:
uTObWLH.jpg

Actually, I can live with this:
MwsJIbd.jpg

Not as bad as it looked at some stages.

From Friday AM to Sunday PM, I spent 28 hours out of 60.5 hours in a vehicle. Not enough rest in the world could have prepared me for work this morning. :confused::thumbsdown:

Received some disheartening news at work today that may force me to find a new job, too.

Still, I have a bit of a pep in my step because there will be a box sitting at home waiting for me! :D

From Friday AM to Sunday PM, I spent 28 hours out of 60.5 hours in a vehicle. Not enough rest in the world could have prepared me for work this morning. :confused::thumbsdown:

Received some disheartening news at work today that may force me to find a new job, too.

Still, I have a bit of a pep in my step because there will be a box sitting at home waiting for me! :D
Spoken like a true Porch Sitter ;):thumbsup:

Capture.JPG

Shawn sounds like a bit of hole you've fallen in. I sure hope the job thing works out for the best for you and your family. You know if you need me for anything just let me know because you sure were there for me when I was in pinch and I'll never forget it my friend.

Shawn sounds like a bit of hole you've fallen in. I sure hope the job thing works out for the best for you and your family. You know if you need me for anything just let me know because you sure were there for me when I was in pinch and I'll never forget it my friend.

That means a lot to me, Randy. Thank you so much, my friend. The world has a funny way of spinning around that big fire ball sometimes, but I know that it will spin around again; hopefully, in a way that's a bit more favorable towards me. 2018 has been unkind in many ways to me, but it has provided many valuable life lessons that will surely benefit me down the road. Thank you, again, Randy, and I'm so glad to see you back on your feet and your Barlow collection growing again!

Funny how drawn I am to the large Case jack when I never warmed up to the olive-wood Boker. Despite it's having the perfect two blades, I thought, "So what? A stockman missing a blade". (That's a Boker USA stockman on the right.)
tpimKwY.jpg
You know what it might be? The olive Boker has a stockman's clip and sheepsfoot but is missing the spay. The Case has a jack's clip and pen, and has nothing to do with a stockman. Weird.

You know what it might be? The olive Boker has a stockman's clip and sheepsfoot but is missing the spay. The Case has a jack's clip and pen, and has nothing to do with a stockman. Weird.

I think it's because the Böker has no wraparound spring, just a yawning chasm there where the 3 rd blade should be...kind of Dirt Trap thing ;):D:D

I just gave away my last Spyderco knife last night. I used to have a decent collection of them but never really carried them much. I prefer traditionals in the watch pocket over anything else. Anyways, my nephew was here for another nephew's 2nd birthday party and he was trying to open all the toys for him. They were all zip tied into the boxes, what a pain in the butt. His crappy WalMart knife just wasn't doing the trick, too dull and flimsy. I went to the room and grabbed a Spyderco Manix 2 with XHP and told him to use it. He said, "Ya, that's a good knife". I said I was glad he liked it and he could keep it. Now I'm down to one modern knife that sits in the safe next to my Glock. In hind sight I blew a chance to introduce him to traditional slip joint knives, but I was just happy to get rid of another modern that was sitting around collecting dust.

I just had to post this. Earlier today I bought a knife off of the exchange from Alan (@joeradza ) I saw the knife @ 12:01 It was paid for packaged and shipped and I received a picture of the shipping receipt from Alan @12:46. That was 45 minutes from the time I saw the sales thread until I received the proof of shipping. :cool:o_O That has to be some kind of record for the exchange. DUH, I think Alan will get a positive feedback. By the way I bought the beautiful Case Bone Stag Teardrop in Alan's picture.

20180926_092520-1024x960-jpg.992676

Back