"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Well then, there you go...
fried grackle, baked grackle, boiled grackle, steamed grackle, grilled grackle, grackle strips, popcorn grackle, grackle alfredo, grackle florentine, mexican grackle, grackle kabobs, grackle gumbo, barbecued grackle, grackle boudin, grackle mulligan... in a few weeks you wouldn't be able to find a grackle within a hundred miles.

Well then, there you go...
fried grackle, baked grackle, boiled grackle, steamed grackle, grilled grackle, grackle strips, popcorn grackle, grackle alfredo, grackle florentine, mexican grackle, grackle kabobs, grackle gumbo, barbecued grackle, grackle boudin, grackle mulligan... in a few weeks you wouldn't be able to find a grackle within a hundred miles.
Grackle étouffé, grackle & grits, grackle & spackle, grackel & Spam...the possibilities are endless!

They used to put them in pies Jer, but I understand you needed quite a lot of them ;)
Even an holy heremite would need quite a few.
Interesting that you're supposed to chill or butcher them immediately. I remember seeing a guy carrying a bushel basket of sparrows a fair distance, and they used to be just dangling in the street market stalls. (1967)

In the South-West, this how to eat ortolans. Now this is prohibited since 1999, except if your a president :rolleyes:... in fact it's a quail in the picture, ortolans are much smaller and I suppose the guy in the pix is no President!:D)
Ortolan_%C3%A0_la_proven%C3%A7ale.JPG

Back