"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

View attachment 1181291 View attachment 1181292 Thanks you all for the prayers and well-wishes. The surgery went well and I'm home now. The surgeon said my spine was a mess, and he had to move so much stuff around to get it cleaned out that it's very hard for me to swallow. I had a rough night last night, but feel a lot better tonight. I have to wear a cervical collar (uncomfortable, of course!) but the pain is manageable. You all are terrific! :thumbsup::)
I can only echo what the others have said, glad you were able to have the surgery, and it went well! Prayers from the Prairie for a full and speedy recovery!

View attachment 1181291 View attachment 1181292 Thanks you all for the prayers and well-wishes. The surgery went well and I'm home now. The surgeon said my spine was a mess, and he had to move so much stuff around to get it cleaned out that it's very hard for me to swallow. I had a rough night last night, but feel a lot better tonight. I have to wear a cervical collar (uncomfortable, of course!) but the pain is manageable. You all are terrific! :thumbsup::)
Sending positive magic hippie crystal vibes for a full a quick recovery, Jeff.
I'll even throw in a little pewter wizard hoodoo for a little extra oumff ( how the heck do you spell that anyway? )
Seriously, do what your doctor says and get better quick.

I'm glad to hear that you're recovering rapidly from what appeared to be a cutthroat procedure, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:;)
I'll continue praying that you can get over the surgical trauma ASAP, experience rehab with as little pain as possible, and that the outcome of the surgery will be completely successful.

- GT

That begs the question Jeff - Did your doctor and the hospital provide your treatment at "cut throat" prices?:):rolleyes:

The old apple tree is loaded this year, which makes the deer very happy.
yfrAn7a.jpg

I was out of town to attend a memorial service for a departed relative this past weekend. I drove, so taking pocket knives with me was no problem. I took four along - Case Peanut, two types of Case Stockman (6318 Medium and 6347 regular), and an Alox Vic Cadet.

Day 1 - hotel room, sister had some sparkling water and a lemon, but no way to cut the lemon. Case Stockman to the rescue. Perfectly cut lemon.

Day 2 - the memorial service. Afterwards, we did a "scatter the ashes at sea" ceremony. The ashes were enclosed in a plastic bag inside the box. Nobody had a cutting tool but me. The sharp Vic Cadet I had in the pocket of my dress slacks did the honors, cutting the bag, with the appropriate dignity for the task.

So - two little simple situations where having a clean, sharp pocket knife turned problems into non-problems. Felt kind of good.

Back