"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

No new knives, but a lot of us are gun guys & gals too, and I just nabbed a Smith & Wesson 29-2 4" nickel from 1979 in beautiful, lightly fired condition. Going to the range in about an hour to test her out. I'm pumped! I'll post some pics later today.
A S&W from that era, people were scarfing them up like crazy and not even putting a box of ammo thru it, then putting it away not to daylight for a long time. Nice catch.

Smith & Wesson 29-2 4" nickel from 1979
I bought a similar gun - Model 29, 6.5" barrel, blue steel, new in box in 1979 or 1980. It was a beautiful gun, but a very impractical purchase. I did not hunt, and I could not carry it. I shot it twice (two rounds), and decided it was more gun than I had any need for. I sold it shortly thereafter for about what I paid. It was a beauty, though.

Mayo, I agree, the 41 mag is a terrific compromise. More powerful than the 357 and less recoil than the 44. But as a handgun hunter, I opted for the slightly more powerful 44, and just got used to the recoil.

I'm declaring war on sausages! ;) :thumbsup:

J9mOK3T.jpg

Bread, and buns turn to glucose quickly in your system!
Whole grain is slightly better than White (Eww!)
I lost 30 pounds after I stopped eating bread and pasta!! (and sugars)
So no insulin necessary!!
But I'd eat those sausages - yum!!:)

The "GOOD" (note quotes) News: I signed up (again) at Imgur. :D

The "BAD" news: All the pictures I've taken over the years of my knives are AWOL on/from my Laptop, Tablet, and (allegedly) "Smart" Phone.
They are not "In The Cloud", either. :eek::oops::(
I've no idea where they went or when ...

I never did figure out how to upload a picture to Imgur from my phone. (Maybe it needs the App?) So they are not hiding out there.

No Well, I guess a picture test will have to weight. :oops:

(take picture with phone ... email it to me ... download to the laptop ... upload on Imgur ... post a link or whatever here ... just to show a nothing fancy inexpensive knife, that few are probably wanting to see, anyway ... :rolleyes: I'll do it though ...)

The "GOOD" (note quotes) News: I signed up (again) at Imgur. :D

The "BAD" news: All the pictures I've taken over the years of my knives are AWOL on/from my Laptop, Tablet, and (allegedly) "Smart" Phone.
They are not "In The Cloud", either. :eek::oops::(
I've no idea where they went or when ...

I never did figure out how to upload a picture to Imgur from my phone. (Maybe it needs the App?) So they are not hiding out there.

No Well, I guess a picture test will have to weight. :oops:

(take picture with phone ... email it to me ... download to the laptop ... upload on Imgur ... post a link or whatever here ... just to show a nothing fancy inexpensive knife, that few are probably wanting to see, anyway ... :rolleyes: I'll do it though ...)
The process you describe sounds very similar to what I do, except I use a pointnshoot camera because I don't have a smart phone. I'm clueless about where your stored photos might have gone, though. :(

Take a look at replies to your latest attempts in the Rough Rider thread. It looks like you're very close to complete success in posting pics. A couple of us are able to open your images even though they don't show up in your post as a visible photo.

- GT

Back