"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

There is iron in your words Jer but don't ask me ....I dont even know how we got on to Eastwood from Connery...but hey ....A mans got to know his limitations...
All I remember about Zardoz is they rode horses and there was a big rock head that had smoke coming out which they worshipped....Not sure which was the lamest sci fi dud of the era...that or Planet Earth...which had John Saxon and Chuck Connors...and Diana Muldure....and Ted "Lurch"Cassidy.

Last edited:
Wait a minute. Somehow we got from Connery to Eastwood. Are you back to Connery with Zardoz? Is that the one where Connery wears a red diaper and a walrus mustache to lead bandits of the future against nude British women behind a force-field? And in the end he and Charlotte Rampling die and rot in a cave?

A classic.

Inspired synopsis Jer! :D :thumbsup:

There is iron in your words Jer but don't ask me ....I dont even know how we got on to Eastwood from Connery...but hey ....A mans got to know his limitations...
All I remember about Zardoz is they rode horses and there was a big rock head that had smoke coming out which they worshipped....Not sure which was the lamest sci fi dud of the era...that or Planet Earth...which had John Saxon and Chuck Connors...and Diana Muldure....and Ted "Lurch"Cassidy.
Diana Muldaur? "How much does it cost? I'll buy it!" I hadn't heard of that one.
Sounds like we've got the same Zardos.

"Planet Earth" created by Gene Roddenberry... interesting fact, Diana Muldaur appeared in (2) episodes of the original Star Trek series and she later appeared as recurring character Dr Pulaski in (20) episodes of Star Trek "The Next Generation".

Another interesting fact, one of my favorite "westerns" to watch on the weekends is "Have Gun Will Travel" which had several episodes written by none other than Gene Roddenberry ;)

If memory serves I believe Diana had a stint as colonial British lion pest Joy Adamson in series based on Born Free....which might have been a bit like Daktari.:rolleyes: God I wish I could have absorbed my school lessons as well as I did my TV shows....:D

I
If memory serves I believe Diana had a stint as colonial British lion pest Joy Adamson in series based on Born Free....which might have been a bit like Daktari.:rolleyes: God I wish I could have absorbed my school lessons as well as I did my TV shows....:D
I wish I could remember the whereabouts of my passwords and keys like I remember my TV shows.

I know who you're talking about. Underwhelming actress, though obviously memorable to me :confused: She was no Audrey Hepburn - who by the way - was in a fun movie with Sean Connery - at least she had my attention in those days - the movie was probably awful. ;) OH yeah, Robin and Marian.

The Robin Hood genre of movies has taken a distinct downward plunge lately....The one that Crowey made was frankly stupid and that latest thing with Taren Egerton was %$#@ing ridiculous....even on a "hey its only a movie "level. Seriously...they had a high speed wagon chase through what appeared to be a 11th century Nottingham multi storey industrial manufacturing complex....Garbage....might as well have been called "Robin Hood : High Tech Space Bandit".....
I didnt mind Kevin Costners which had the advantage of a supremely over acted Sherriff of Notts by supreme overactor Alan Rickman RIP.
Around the same time was Patrick Bergins portrayal....all round a more serious movie without too much historical inaccuracy.
Errol Flynn and Basil Rathbone back in the olden days ( not quite 11th cent. but close enough)was great fun.
I recently found a dvd of the Englush tv series from the 50s Richard Greene...a classic...it has been colourised...obviously by gay people as there is lots of scarlet tights with those purple pointy boots...hilarious because it trying to be serious.
The Robin Hood series from 2006 was a bit hit n miss new age pc for my taste..although did have a good S.O.N. in Keith Allen (Lilys Dad).
So meako.. I hear you ask...who is your favourite Robin? being as how you were born in Nottingham you must know all about it?
Well stout yeomen list ye well and I wilt tell thee...for the greatest portrayal of the Sherwood bandit be none other than the 80s series Robin of Sherwood...and ...in one of the most convoluted and roundabout ramblings Ive ever done ...in the second series he was played by Jason Connery ...son of Sir Sean of Connery....music by Clannad with authentic 11th century synthesisers.
YOIKS! AND AWAAAY!

The Robin Hood genre of movies has taken a distinct downward plunge lately....The one that Crowey made was frankly stupid and that latest thing with Taren Egerton was %$#@ing ridiculous....even on a "hey its only a movie "level. Seriously...they had a high speed wagon chase through what appeared to be a 11th century Nottingham multi storey industrial manufacturing complex....Garbage....might as well have been called "Robin Hood : High Tech Space Bandit".....
I didnt mind Kevin Costners which had the advantage of a supremely over acted Sherriff of Notts by supreme overactor Alan Rickman RIP.
Around the same time was Patrick Bergins portrayal....all round a more serious movie without too much historical inaccuracy.
Errol Flynn and Basil Rathbone back in the olden days ( not quite 11th cent. but close enough)was great fun.
I recently found a dvd of the Englush tv series from the 50s Richard Greene...a classic...it has been colourised...obviously by gay people as there is lots of scarlet tights with those purple pointy boots...hilarious because it trying to be serious.
The Robin Hood series from 2006 was a bit hit n miss new age pc for my taste..although did have a good S.O.N. in Keith Allen (Lilys Dad).
So meako.. I hear you ask...who is your favourite Robin? being as how you were born in Nottingham you must know all about it?
Well stout yeomen list ye well and I wilt tell thee...for the greatest portrayal of the Sherwood bandit be none other than the 80s series Robin of Sherwood...and ...in one of the most convoluted and roundabout ramblings Ive ever done ...in the second series he was played by Jason Connery ...son of Sir Sean of Connery....music by Clannad with authentic 11th century synthesisers.
YOIKS! AND AWAAAY!
Errol Flynn is my favourite.

Went to the kitchen sink to get a drink of water not 15-minutes ago and this is what greeted me outside the kitchen window. A doe with her fawn.

sOxlRKh.jpg

Back