1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Jul 5, 2010.

1. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    There is iron in your words Jer but don't ask me ....I dont even know how we got on to Eastwood from Connery...but hey ....A mans got to know his limitations...
    All I remember about Zardoz is they rode horses and there was a big rock head that had smoke coming out which they worshipped....Not sure which was the lamest sci fi dud of the era...that or Planet Earth...which had John Saxon and Chuck Connors...and Diana Muldure....and Ted "Lurch"Cassidy.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    veitsi_poika likes this.
  2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Inspired synopsis Jer! :D :thumbsup:

meako and scrteened porch like this.
  3. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Diana Muldaur? "How much does it cost? I'll buy it!" I hadn't heard of that one.
    Sounds like we've got the same Zardos.

meako and veitsi_poika like this.
  4. veitsi_poika

veitsi_poika Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 25, 2016
    "Planet Earth" created by Gene Roddenberry... interesting fact, Diana Muldaur appeared in (2) episodes of the original Star Trek series and she later appeared as recurring character Dr Pulaski in (20) episodes of Star Trek "The Next Generation".

Another interesting fact, one of my favorite "westerns" to watch on the weekends is "Have Gun Will Travel" which had several episodes written by none other than Gene Roddenberry ;)

redsparrow and meako like this.
  5. meako

Sep 4, 2006
    If memory serves I believe Diana had a stint as colonial British lion pest Joy Adamson in series based on Born Free....which might have been a bit like Daktari.:rolleyes: God I wish I could have absorbed my school lessons as well as I did my TV shows....:D

redsparrow and veitsi_poika like this.
  6. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    I
    I wish I could remember the whereabouts of my passwords and keys like I remember my TV shows.

meako, Jack Black and redsparrow like this.
  7. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    I know who you're talking about. Underwhelming actress, though obviously memorable to me :confused: She was no Audrey Hepburn - who by the way - was in a fun movie with Sean Connery - at least she had my attention in those days - the movie was probably awful. ;) OH yeah, Robin and Marian.

meako likes this.
  8. meako

Sep 4, 2006
    The Robin Hood genre of movies has taken a distinct downward plunge lately....The one that Crowey made was frankly stupid and that latest thing with Taren Egerton was %$#@ing ridiculous....even on a "hey its only a movie "level. Seriously...they had a high speed wagon chase through what appeared to be a 11th century Nottingham multi storey industrial manufacturing complex....Garbage....might as well have been called "Robin Hood : High Tech Space Bandit".....
    I didnt mind Kevin Costners which had the advantage of a supremely over acted Sherriff of Notts by supreme overactor Alan Rickman RIP.
    Around the same time was Patrick Bergins portrayal....all round a more serious movie without too much historical inaccuracy.
    Errol Flynn and Basil Rathbone back in the olden days ( not quite 11th cent. but close enough)was great fun.
    I recently found a dvd of the Englush tv series from the 50s Richard Greene...a classic...it has been colourised...obviously by gay people as there is lots of scarlet tights with those purple pointy boots...hilarious because it trying to be serious.
    The Robin Hood series from 2006 was a bit hit n miss new age pc for my taste..although did have a good S.O.N. in Keith Allen (Lilys Dad).
    So meako.. I hear you ask...who is your favourite Robin? being as how you were born in Nottingham you must know all about it?
    Well stout yeomen list ye well and I wilt tell thee...for the greatest portrayal of the Sherwood bandit be none other than the 80s series Robin of Sherwood...and ...in one of the most convoluted and roundabout ramblings Ive ever done ...in the second series he was played by Jason Connery ...son of Sir Sean of Connery....music by Clannad with authentic 11th century synthesisers.
    YOIKS! AND AWAAAY!

9. meako

Sep 4, 2006

redsparrow, veitsi_poika and JohnDF like this.
  10. Headwinds

Headwinds Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 15, 2016

meako likes this.
  11. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Dread Pirate Robin. ;)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    btb01, meako and Jack Black like this.
  12. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Errol Flynn is my favourite.

13. meako

Sep 4, 2006
    I should be thrown into the dungeons for for forgetting Men in Tights.....a great piece of Mel Brooks confection...Rabbi Tuckman indeed.

Jack Black, sitflyer and JohnDF like this.
  14. veitsi_poika

Nov 25, 2016
    My wife caught these pics today, we have never seen the pileated woodpeckers this close to the house.

3b26e62e0c8a192540746e0da4f604947b18b594-14.jpg 3c3c930cb1e83ed0f51c3d9f2dcd37c01723c954-34.jpg 3c3c930cb1e83ed0f51c3d9f2dcd37c01723c954-14.jpg

Old Engineer, Just Tom., WHT and 14 others like this.
  15. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    meako, veitsi_poika and Peregrin like this.
  16. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    So that's where you were? o_O

In the eye.jpg

17. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Cool pics! We get a feeder visit from the Pileated Woodpeckers once in awhile. Their cousins, red head, red belly, downy and hairy are regulars.

meako, sitflyer, CelloDan and 2 others like this.
  18. veitsi_poika

Nov 25, 2016
    We get all of those too except the red head, I would like to see one of those. The red belly woodpeckers we call Mr T because of the orange stripes on their heads :D

19. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Went fishing today with my boys and neighbor on his mother-in-laws land just north of where we live. The boys had a blast and we even caught two keepers!
    B261F8BF-CF93-443A-B87C-9104364C5E76_1_105_c.jpeg EBC27BBE-B632-405D-AE57-4341CEFD191F_1_105_c.jpeg 74DDDD27-B95B-4951-8564-F03C1FF51000_1_105_c.jpeg

20. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Went to the kitchen sink to get a drink of water not 15-minutes ago and this is what greeted me outside the kitchen window. A doe with her fawn.

[​IMG]