"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

That looks great Randy, definitely stew-time! :) :thumbsup:

17%2BAdventures%2Bof%2BRobin%2BHood%2B1938%2BErrol%2BFlynn.JPG
I need to see that movie again soon.

Bob, a friend informed me of your present condition. I have parted ways with the form, but I still hold several here close in mind, and in prayer. Forgive me, as I do not have pm. I only sign in to say that you are loved my friend.

What a cold and truthful teacher death is it reveals the vapor that is life. It causes so much pain, anger, and confusion. Yet, it teaches the truth of joy and that is to find the gift of life in the moment. A man can truly learn more from its coldness than that of joy in birth.

I want remind you that you and I will shake hands one day with glorified bodies that will never grow old my friend. Tears of sadness will turn to tears of praise and joy. Our spirit will be that of strength and ability. Our being will be that of glory, of finished regeneration, and the finished work in sanctification. We will meet our savior. The one who lived without flaw, crucified in our place as a propition for our sins, and in so doing took the full wrath of God we so deserve. Yet, He lives and in His resurrection has given us His full righteousness so we may stand before God innocent of all sin. On the day of judgement, we will only hear the eternal life sentence of righteousness. What a glorious day it will be to see His face!

Bob, you have modeled courage and strength beyond any praise can muster here. Your light has given happiness to many and I, for one, am thankful for you. Thank you for sharpening and forging us all into better people. Prayers for you and your family. I hope they know what a champion you are. I hope they come to know peace and strength that can only be found in Him.

Finish the race in faith my friend that you are His, remembering it is by His grace alone.

Romans 3, John 3, Ephesians 3
Fantastic Brett, if possible please reach out to me when you can, Paul dot hilborn @ roof to deck dot com:thumbsup:

Fantastic Brett, if possible please reach out to me when you can, Paul dot hilborn @ roof to deck dot com:thumbsup:

Oh wow! I failed to reread my post. Just look at those typos and even how I have whole words missing ... lol. To think I am a teacher. That 'propition' word for example is torturing me as it should be 'propitiation' lol.

Bob, I hope you heard my heart in my post while at the same time laughed at my terrible iPhone typing. My thumbs move in more of an ADHD mindset than I care to admit.

Paul, I'm about to email my friend but please forgive any delay. We decided to cut cable and internet at home and I've actually moved back to an old flip phone since that post. Lol, I'm even Facebookless lol. Im at my in laws stealing their wifi to check in only to see how things are going with our friend.

I know there are several here who are struggling and my prayers go out to those as well.

Last edited:
Well, nice to hear of you Brett. I can understand your desire to disconnect from some contemporary things.

Regards, Will

We are getting ready to have to raise some funds to honor Bob Bendell (BigBiscuit). As many of you know Bob is losing his battle with cancer and this may be the last thing we can do for him. These funds will go towards a college fund for his grandson Bo. Bo is 16 he is Bob's only grandchild and is Bob's pride and joy. Again this fund raiser is to honor our friend and fellow forumite during a very difficult time for him and his family. Please direct any questions you may have to paulhilborn paulhilborn , @Campbellclanman, Half/Stop Half/Stop , mrknife mrknife or r redden r redden

Last edited:
We are getting ready to have to raise some funds to honor Bob Bendell (BigBiscuit). As many of you know Bob is losing his battle with cancer and this may be the last thing we can do for him. These funds will go towards a college fund for his grandson Bo. Bo is 16 he is Bob's only grandchild and is Bob's pride and joy. We asking members to either donate or sell knives on the exchange with all funds going directly to Bob's PayPal account. Again this fund raiser is to honor our friend and fellow forumite during a very difficult time for him and his family. I want to encourage all that can to participate and show some love to an incredible man and outstanding member. Please direct any questions you may have to paulhilborn paulhilborn , @Campbellclanman, Half/Stop Half/Stop , mrknife mrknife or r redden r redden

An excellent idea, Randy! I just got power back from the Sunday storm, so things are a bit chaotic, but I'll see what I can dig up to put on the exchange!

Oh wow! I failed to reread my post. Just look at those typos and even how I have whole words missing ... lol. To think I am a teacher. That 'propition' word for example is torturing me as it should be 'propitiation' lol.

Bob, I hope you heard my heart in my post while at the same time laughed at my terrible iPhone typing. My thumbs move in more of an ADHD mindset than I care to admit.

Paul, I'm about to email my friend but please forgive any delay. We decided to cut cable and internet at home and I've actually moved back to an old flip phone since that post. Lol, I'm even Facebookless lol. Im at my in laws stealing their wifi to check in only to see how things are going with our friend.

I know there are several here who are struggling and my prayers go out to those as well.
KBA KBA , Brett, I never even noticed the spelling. The message was crystal clear. Thank you so much my friend. It's been far too long since we talked. I knew you were taking a hiatus though. :cool::)

Hope everyone's having an enjoyable Halloween! Here's Eleanor in her Marty McFly costume.

aycmwrf.jpg
She's such a cutie Barrett. I love the pic. Made me smile.:D

We are getting ready to have to raise some funds to honor Bob Bendell (BigBiscuit). As many of you know Bob is losing his battle with cancer and this may be the last thing we can do for him. These funds will go towards a college fund for his grandson Bo. Bo is 16 he is Bob's only grandchild and is Bob's pride and joy. We asking members to either donate or sell knives on the exchange with all funds going directly to Bob's PayPal account. Again this fund raiser is to honor our friend and fellow forumite during a very difficult time for him and his family. I want to encourage all that can to participate and show some love to an incredible man and outstanding member. Please direct any questions you may have to paulhilborn paulhilborn , @Campbellclanman, Half/Stop Half/Stop , mrknife mrknife or r redden r redden
Randy, I have no words to describe my feelings for you fellas. When we talked yesterday, I was crying. Literally. My grandson Bo is my whole world. He means everything to me. I can't begin to tell you what this means for you fellas to do this for him. He just left here with my daughter and I was telling them all. My family is so touched by the kindness of strangers. I told them you guys might be a bit strange, but they are not strangers. They're family. :D

An excellent idea, Randy! I just got power back from the Sunday storm, so things are a bit chaotic, but I'll see what I can dig up to put on the exchange!
Thank you Glenn. We also lost power during the storm. I had asked my son in law to come start up my generator, but we got it back yesterday. My daughter just got theirs turned back on today. Luckily it wasn't very cold.

Randy, I have no words to describe my feelings for you fellas. When we talked yesterday, I was crying. Literally. My grandson Bo is my whole world. He means everything to me. I can't begin to tell you what this means for you fellas to do this for him. He just left here with my daughter and I was telling them all. My family is so touched by the kindness of strangers. I told them you guys might be a bit strange, but they are not strangers. They're family. :D

Buddy you are my friend as well as the rest these guy's. I just hope and pray the Porch family will jump on board with this. I will be putting up some knives tomorrow.

Good luck with the sales.

Last edited:
I just got a text as well as Paul and Ron also from Bob's daughter Lan and they found him unresponsive this morning and the doctors only give him a 50/50 chance of making it through the day. Please keep Bob and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Man Randy, like you I am heartbroken, as Randy mentioned Bob's daughter multi text us and the news is hard to accept. Please all, see my sales thread in my sig line. I want to do all that I can and know so many feel the same way.
Love you Bob!!!

Back