"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Jul 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Randy, that meal looks fantastic! My mouth waters every time you post something you’ve cooked. :thumbsup:

r redden likes this.
  2. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I need to see that movie again soon.

Jack Black and r redden like this.
  3. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Fantastic Brett, if possible please reach out to me when you can, Paul dot hilborn @ roof to deck dot com:thumbsup:

4. KBA

KBA

Apr 27, 2014
    Oh wow! I failed to reread my post. Just look at those typos and even how I have whole words missing ... lol. To think I am a teacher. That 'propition' word for example is torturing me as it should be 'propitiation' lol.

Bob, I hope you heard my heart in my post while at the same time laughed at my terrible iPhone typing. My thumbs move in more of an ADHD mindset than I care to admit.

Paul, I'm about to email my friend but please forgive any delay. We decided to cut cable and internet at home and I've actually moved back to an old flip phone since that post. Lol, I'm even Facebookless lol. Im at my in laws stealing their wifi to check in only to see how things are going with our friend.

I know there are several here who are struggling and my prayers go out to those as well.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    r redden likes this.
  5. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Well, nice to hear of you Brett. I can understand your desire to disconnect from some contemporary things.

Regards, Will

6. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Hope everyone's having an enjoyable Halloween! Here's Eleanor in her Marty McFly costume.

[​IMG]

7. r redden

r redden Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 23, 2015
    We are getting ready to have to raise some funds to honor Bob Bendell (BigBiscuit). As many of you know Bob is losing his battle with cancer and this may be the last thing we can do for him. These funds will go towards a college fund for his grandson Bo. Bo is 16 he is Bob's only grandchild and is Bob's pride and joy. Again this fund raiser is to honor our friend and fellow forumite during a very difficult time for him and his family. Please direct any questions you may have to @paulhilborn, @Campbellclanman, @Half/Stop, @mrknife or @r redden

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    1066vik, btb01, zolthar and 1 other person like this.
  8. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    adorable!!! 1.21 jigawatts!

traumkommode and btb01 like this.
  9. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003

An excellent idea, Randy! I just got power back from the Sunday storm, so things are a bit chaotic, but I'll see what I can dig up to put on the exchange!

r redden likes this.
  10. BigBiscuit

BigBiscuit

Dec 11, 2014
    @KBA, Brett, I never even noticed the spelling. The message was crystal clear. Thank you so much my friend. It's been far too long since we talked. I knew you were taking a hiatus though. :cool::)

She's such a cutie Barrett. I love the pic. Made me smile.:D

Randy, I have no words to describe my feelings for you fellas. When we talked yesterday, I was crying. Literally. My grandson Bo is my whole world. He means everything to me. I can't begin to tell you what this means for you fellas to do this for him. He just left here with my daughter and I was telling them all. My family is so touched by the kindness of strangers. I told them you guys might be a bit strange, but they are not strangers. They're family. :D

Thank you Glenn. We also lost power during the storm. I had asked my son in law to come start up my generator, but we got it back yesterday. My daughter just got theirs turned back on today. Luckily it wasn't very cold.

11. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Good to see you posting, Bob. We still love you mane.

12. r redden

May 23, 2015
    Buddy you are my friend as well as the rest these guy's. I just hope and pray the Porch family will jump on board with this. I will be putting up some knives tomorrow.

mrknife likes this.
  13. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Glad to hear it, Bob! Thank you! :) :thumbsup:

14. oldtymer

oldtymer Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    @btb01 Looks like we have a future Miss America =She's a cutie

15. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    bob, good to see you checking in!

16. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Bob, my friend! I am glad you got to check in today. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

17. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Good luck with the sales.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  18. r redden

May 23, 2015
    I just got a text as well as Paul and Ron also from Bob's daughter Lan and they found him unresponsive this morning and the doctors only give him a 50/50 chance of making it through the day. Please keep Bob and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

19. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    dang.
    will keep the family in our thoughts & prayers today.

20. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Man Randy, like you I am heartbroken, as Randy mentioned Bob's daughter multi text us and the news is hard to accept. Please all, see my sales thread in my sig line. I want to do all that I can and know so many feel the same way.
    Love you Bob!!!