Case Tony Bose Collabs pic and discussion thread.

A great many of you Case Bose enthusiasts sing the praises of the Norfolk. It's the one that has eluded me personally. I'm waiting for an ebony one to pop up. That said my personal favorite of the entire series is the Cattle Knife followed by the Eureka. Both are great EDC pieces and really blur the line between production and custom. You won't find a better value for that type of build anywhere.

I'll second that. I have both the Eureka & the Cattle Knife. The only complaint I have with both is that when closed, the nail nick of the main blade is just barely above the secondary blades, and that makes it hard to get ahold of sometimes.
DSC00287-X2.jpg

DSC00281-X2.jpg

I'll second that. I have both the Eureka & the Cattle Knife. The only complaint I have with both is that when closed, the nail nick of the main blade is just barely above the secondary blades, and that makes it hard to get ahold of sometimes.
DSC00287-X2.jpg

DSC00281-X2.jpg
Good point. On the Cattle Knife it doesn't bother me so much. I can actually just pinch that one if my digits aren't slickery. The eureka was a little more difficult to get at though for sure.

I've had the Norfolk and Cattle Knife. They were both great knives. Like others have mentioned, the clip on the Norfolk had a very firm pull. A bit foolishly I let them both go, but remember them fondly.

I have decided to add another Case/Bose collaboration to the collection though. A chestnut bone Wharncliffe Trapper should be arriving next week. I've been lusting after that one for what feels like a really long time, and finally pulled the trigger.

This years' locking Lanny's Clip looks amazing! Probably a little on the larger side for my tastes, but WOW!

A great many of you Case Bose enthusiasts sing the praises of the Norfolk. It's the one that has eluded me personally. I'm waiting for an ebony one to pop up. That said my personal favorite of the entire series is the Cattle Knife followed by the Eureka. Both are great EDC pieces and really blur the line between production and custom. You won't find a better value for that type of build anywhere.
The Eureka Jack is on my radar. I like the looks of the Cattle knife but I'd probably never carry it.

Those of you with the Norfolk how do you like it? One came up on the exchange the other day and I am kicking myself for not grabbing it faster, had never really looked at one before but the jigged bone and lines spoke to me. On the hunt for sure.

I have an ebony. I use it. Has held up well, takes and holds a good edge. I wasn't sure about the handle before I got it, but it's comfortable. I have two other Bose/Case in bone. I like it.

Didn't the 2019 Case Bose get announced at Shot show? I really am surprised how little attention the 2019 release received and how high dealers still have em priced. I'm hoping 2020 is something more desirable...I really want a Wilfred lockback but when I start reading about them on here it doesn't sound good especially when I can get a Moki lockback that looks like a fixed blade when staring at the back strap for 150 new and 100 used.

Who wants to take guesses for 2020? I'm going to guess that barlow popularity for Case might be coming into play but my wish would be for a honk falls trapper.

Moki's are good knives, but are Moki designed, not Tony Bose :)

I have the Wilfred lockback in bone and it's a sweet reinvention of the classic Remington bullet knife. I got it new last year for $320, from a dealer, well worth the 2x premium over a Moki lockback. Like all my Bose/Case it is a fine specimen with good fit/finish. The Wilfred has a rounded spine, so by design it won't be seamless from lock to blade, a nice touch I think.

I love the Norfolk so much I owned three at one time (ebony, chestnut, and the Damascus steel version). Chestnut bone is by far my favorite and is a regular edc for me.

The lockback Whittler is a close second.

I've been wanting to try the eureka but I haven't found a gently used version for a decent price.

That locking lannys clip is certainly nice looking but not my cup of tea.

I would love to see them one day do a proper four blade Congress. Tony and Reese both make beautiful congress knives, since I will never be able to afford one...a case version in 154cm will have to do.

Anyone ever have the Case Bose Tribal Spear?
Yes, one in chestnut bone. Beautiful knife.
It fits right in that same area of the Lannys Clip. Too big and heavy for comfortable pocket carry (I carry a slip joint in my front pocket next to my wallet). Too small to boot out a modern folder out of my pocket. I let it go. In hind sight I was foolish as it was by far the most attractive Case Bose I owned.

On a side note, here are the two Case Bose collabs I still own.
Attach48937_20200115_192051~2.jpg

I think the slimmer spear looks better on the coffin jack than on the eureka jack, personally. I've always thought the zulu was the most attractive, but it does look to be a beefier fellow.

I think the slimmer spear looks better on the coffin jack than on the eureka jack, personally. I've always thought the zulu was the most attractive, but it does look to be a beefier fellow.
I like both the eureka and coffin spears. The Eureka spear shape is much more of what I expect. I've been carrying the Eureka recently but it is my most recent purchase. I do enjoy the small wharncliffe. Great for getting into tight spots.
As for the Tribal, it has those full length steel liners and bolsters. It definitely adds to the heft.

I've got one. It's a great design, 3" blade is perfectly pocketable for me. The bolster's are neat. Mine is in ebony with a blond streak across one cover, a nice accent. Probably the most perfect slipjoint I own. After I got it as a present, it was such an excellent fit for me, I went over a year w/o seeing a new slippie that tripped my trigger. Better than the Case lockback version and much better than the Northwoods/GEC knockoff.

I've got one. It's a great design, 3" blade is perfectly pocketable for me. The bolster's are neat. Mine is in ebony with a blond streak across one cover, a nice accent. Probably the most perfect slipjoint I own. After I got it as a present, it was such an excellent fit for me, I went over a year w/o seeing a new slippie that tripped my trigger. Better than the Case lockback version and much better than the Northwoods/GEC knockoff.

That's cool. I don't see them very often on the secondary market. There is one on the Bay in damascus (not my thing), but it is expensive.

Case Bose 2020 collab - Locking Lanny's Clip was recently announced. I missed out on the 2012 Lanny. Can't wait to get my hands on the 2020 variant.

Cannot see how it's a 'knockoff' whereas the CASE is a 'version'? It's no more knockoff than the Collab Eureka is a knockoff of the GEC Eureka which pre-dated it. They're all versions. You simply don't like GEC and perhaps don't own or use any? I have both GECs and Collabs and enjoy them all as they are totally different from each other.

Cannot see how it's a 'knockoff' whereas the CASE is a 'version'? It's no more knockoff than the Collab Eureka is a knockoff of the GEC Eureka which pre-dated it. They're all versions. You simply don't like GEC and perhaps don't own or use any? I have both GECs and Collabs and enjoy them all as they are totally different from each other.

I own GEC and I don't own knives I don't like or buy knives from companies I don't respect.

Tony ressurected the pattern and put his "touch" to it, making it one of his signature knives. He brought it to Case and it was one the most popular of his 20 years of collaborations.

Case can't make the same slipjoint knife since they don't move collaboration knives into their general production as part of tyeir marketing plan. So GEC stepped in with their lower grade version. GEC puts mammoth slabs on $35 frame with 1095 blade and it's hot, gotta respect and like that business acumen :)

Case did the same to GEC copying their beer knife. Case wasn't as successful as GEC. Knockoffs of popular knives is part of cutlery history since knives were first sold :)

Maybe, but for me the work 'knockoff' carries a derogatory meaning: theft of idea, patent, copyright etc as in clone knives. I see that you don't mean this, so they are all 'interpretations' here ;):cool:

Maybe, but for me the work 'knockoff' carries a derogatory meaning: theft of idea, patent, copyright etc as in clone knives. I see that you don't mean this, so they are all 'interpretations' here ;):cool:

Knockoff: a copy or imitation of someone or something popular ;)

Hands down one of my favorites, and though I love me some 1095 the steel not being so susceptible to oxidation is a favorite feature. I had to cough up a pretty penny when I actually came across one but it has been worth every cent, and it looks just as good as the day i got it even though I constantly carry and use it. I would love to pull in an earlier lanny given my experience with this one, or even another tribal for that matter, but they are so hard to come by and don't come cheap at that. I hope to score a 2020 since the multi blade knives don't appeal to me much and I haven't been motivated to try any of the other collab patterns, so fingers crossed, just figured I chime in with praise and pics of what I consider a crown jewel in all of my time collecting.

JkYGc54.jpg

RVMaHdZ.jpg

JJCayv2.jpg

Back