Cat People

Betty is no longer with us. She was three weeks old and just a quarter pound when I found her.

OsfMJmZ.jpg

So many fluffy cats on this forum. I can’t get my eyes from the photos posted. I just keep scrolling up and down. I lost two cat diabetes. Since then I can’t keep any cats in my house. I’m afraid that my next cats will also get diabetes or other illness, eventually die leaving me completely alone.

So many fluffy cats on this forum. I can’t get my eyes from the photos posted. I just keep scrolling up and down. I lost two cat diabetes. Since then I can’t keep any cats in my house. I’m afraid that my next cats will also get diabetes or other illness, eventually die leaving me completely alone.

So you are choosing to be alone instead of taking a chance on another cat?

Take the chance. Cats can bring pleasure and enjoyment into a persons life. Plus, they offer some added health benefits for the owner.

There are lots of cats that would love to be in good homes with loving owners. Why turn your back on a cat that could use a good home?

My ex-wife once told me that my cat needed me as much as I needed it. She was right. Both her and the cat are long gone but, I adopted another cat after a reasonable time. Got remarried too. Two of the best choices I have ever made in my life.

There are at least one or two cats in your area that need you. Give at least one of them a better life. Go adopt yourself a cat. It will make a huge difference in your life and the life of the cat.

Last edited:
^^What Sabre said (and what other forum members said to me after losing my last one - even though I didn’t want to hear it at the time...)

I’ve had cats my whole life and I get it, it’s always so, so hard losing one.

4489FF53-E1AA-4343-B9E1-E5F48AE86DD5.jpeg

Bastet is about 1 1/2 now and it was over a year after losing her predecessor (who was with me for 14 years) before I could even begin to think about letting another into my life. Well, it turned out that I didn’t realize just how truly miserable I had been without one until the day I brought her home.

Last edited:
:thumbsup::thumbsup: I had a grey shorthair who made it to 19yrs along with a sealpoint siamese who made it to 17 - I loved those guys sooo much and, at that time, they had both been with me for over half my life (from 16 to 33).

Yeah, I’ve got a grey tuxedo right now. Unfortunately, his days seem to be numbered. I am not looking for what’s ahead.

I figured that he would be around till I was about 70 years old but that does not appear to be the case. My wife and I are talking about having him put down. It’s hard.

Our cat Pepper is very calm and friendly, but there's still a little wild cat in her. Our son will play with her sometimes, and she will run around crazy. Last night, she jumped on the counter and then launched herself on the top of the cabinets. We had the over cabinet lights on, so it made for a cool pic.

pepper14.jpg

Back