Charlie Campagna

Charlie, so good to hear you should be home this week! Things will continue improving and even faster then. You will be in our prayers till all is well with you and then some. Not able to follow your progress as closely as I would like. Moving is taking up most of my free time. Keep getting stronger, follow most of the doctor's advice and all of Joanne's. ;)

Last edited:
Talked to our friend earlier today and he's being released a day early from "boot camp" for good behavior!:D:thumbsup::cool:
I'm very impressed with the progress Charlie has made it such a short time. I'm sure that everyone's prayers and good wishes have helped him along. Thank You ALL!
Home in his own space will be the best medicine of all. I know how good it feels to be able to sleep in your own bed again. :);)
So here's to ALL of you! And here's to Charlie! Cheers!:D:D:D:D

Dave

Talked to our friend earlier today and he's being released a day early from "boot camp" for good behavior!:D:thumbsup::cool:
I'm very impressed with the progress Charlie has made it such a short time. I'm sure that everyone's prayers and good wishes have helped him along. Thank You ALL!
Home in his own space will be the best medicine of all. I know how good it feels to be able to sleep in your own bed again. :);)

Dave

That’s great news, Dave! And it’s been great to see Charlie posting here a bit, too, over the last couple weekends! I’ve been somewhat forum-absent lately, focusing on other hobbies/endeavors and just enjoying the warm weather, but I’ve made sure to check on this thread every couple days for updates on our friend. Glad to hear you’re heading home, Charlie! I hope your recovery continues to go well!

Dave

That's great news Dave!!………. Charlie, I'm so happy you are heading home; keep up the fight..... You Buffalo, NY guys are tough!!

Dave
FANTASTIC!! Thank you for the update.
Congrats on your progress, Charlie.:thumbsup: GREAT NEWS! The results of your hard work are obvious. WAY TO GO! Keep on keepin' on!
Lookin' forward to seeing you around :)
OG

I think the word o*d..should be strucken from the language.
Its ageist and offensive.
"Elderly" is much cosier and far more patronising...more so even than the appallingly out of date "senior citizen".
Anyway a witty chap of advancing years once told me " yer only as young as the girl you feel."....

Thanks for spreading the news Dave, and for the ongoing support from every one of you!!!!
I have indeed made it home, where I had a comfy nap and a wonderful dinner with Joanne,
and I managed to clear dishes without breaking any!! I so look forward to getting back into household routines, and taking my share of the work, and also to doing my share of the posting and chatting on BF!!
Once again, all the kind wishes from all of the Porch members have buoyed me along to get me home. My work is cut out for me both at home and on the Porch!! I take it joyfuly!
God love you all!!!gifts 2.jpg
Ceremonial removal of the hospital name tag! Great rehab department at Holy Family!!gifts 3.jpg gifts 4.jpg
Nice book and 1890s Empire knife from Ron's friend and history-lover Ron E.!!

Thanks for spreading the news Dave, and for the ongoing support from every one of you!!!!
I have indeed made it home, where I had a comfy nap and a wonderful dinner with Joanne,
and I managed to clear dishes without breaking any!! I so look forward to getting back into household routines, and taking my share of the work, and also to doing my share of the posting and chatting on BF!!
Once again, all the kind wishes from all of the Porch members have buoyed me along to get me home. My work is cut out for me both at home and on the Porch!! I take it joyfuly!
God love you all!!!View attachment 1140308
Ceremonial removal of the hospital name tag! Great rehab department at Holy Family!!View attachment 1140309 View attachment 1140310
Nice book and 1890s Empire knife from Ron's friend and history-lover Ron E.!!
Great news Charlie! So good to see some photos :)

Back