Clan of the Copperlock & Mini Copperlock

Our oldest grandchild graduates HS on Thursday. His favorite color is blue. So tomorrow I'm off to the local Case dealer to get him a Mini-Copperlock in some kind of blue sides in addition to his main graduation gift :)

Edit 6/11 - Decided that I wanted to start a new family tradition and buy a matching pair, one for my grandson, and one for me. There wasn't a pair of Mini's to be had in any type of blue.

But they did have a pair of Caribbean Blue Peanuts :cool:

Last edited:
Here is my new mini copperlock in cv.
https://i.imgur.com/UxVnHEf.jpg

Edit: can't seem to post a picture from my phone.
qkZ6mMI.jpg

qkZ6mMI.jpg

Last edited:
Nice examples everyone! Truly, although I like other patterns (Peanuts, Sodbuster Jr's), the Mini-Copperlock is THE Case pattern for me.

I've owned a full size copperlock in the past and have been considering a mini for 5th pocket carry.

Thanks for starting this threat.
Some how I was under the impression that the full size Copperlock was significantly smaller than the Case Trapper.
I guess I'm thinking it was a single blade canoe with a lock.

I am so glad to learn it is a larger knife and will be getting one soon ! ! ! !
The Case Trapper is one of my all time faves for how it feels in my hand so the Copperlock has great potential for me being of the same size handle and blade.

I just bought a Tribal Lock in antique peach seed jigged bone and have EDC'd it now for a couple of weeks.
Good stuff. I did have to tune the lock bar where the thumb release passes the spacer between the liners. It started to catch on the spacer after a week of use. The blade would then not be drawn in and held firmly closed by the spring on the blade tang when folded because the spring was stopped before it could swing all the way out at the thumb cut out.

A little filing. Works sweet now.
Any similar stuff I need to know about for the Copperlock ?

Which one is available with CV ? I just was looking at the selection and didn't see a single one.
If I had my drothers it would be a dark blue bone one but I know that isn't going to happen.
SS here I come . . . if I have to . . . I guess.

Had a bit of a surprise after church today. I like to open and close whichever knife I have carried before putting it up. Today was my White Icthus Mini Copperlock. It did not fully open, or click and lock. You can see the spring is not flush when the blade is open. Exerting minimal pressure, the blade could be made to close. I guess it's been this way since I bought it. Filled out the warranty claim, and am waiting on RA from Case. Confident they will take care of this. Just a word of caution to fellow clan members...

UPSif5K.jpg

4GBf7RL.jpg

Had a bit of a surprise after church today. I like to open and close whichever knife I have carried before putting it up. Today was my White Icthus Mini Copperlock. It did not fully open, or click and lock. You can see the spring is not flush when the blade is open. Exerting minimal pressure, the blade could be made to close. I guess it's been this way since I bought it. Filled out the warranty claim, and am waiting on RA from Case. Confident they will take care of this. Just a word of caution to fellow clan members...

UPSif5K.jpg

4GBf7RL.jpg
Ive had that happen when a bit of lint or other crud got packed in the notch that the lock bar sets in. when that happens I clear it out with a toothpick and its good to go. Of course that might not be the problem, but when thats what happened to one of my lock backs, thats exactly how it looked and behaved.

Ive had that happen when a bit of lint or other crud got packed in the notch that the lock bar sets in. when that happens I clear it out with a toothpick and its good to go. Of course that might not be the problem, but when thats what happened to one of my lock backs, thats exactly how it looked and behaved.
THANK YOU SIR! That was exactly the problem. I love the camaraderie here on the porch!

You beat me to it! That used to happen to my Sodbuster a LOT back in the 70's. I guess my pockets were dirtier back then, or something. Standard practice was to pull it out, open it up, then blow a cloud of blue jean lint out of it. Sometimes the lint and stuff got in the back of the blade, and it wouldn't open quite all the way.

Back