Coffee

Hadn't heard of that before, but it's been a while since I looked at grinders. I missed the part where you said both of them together were that price. Seems like it ought to be a good setup.:thumbsup: I'd be interested to know what you think of the grinder after some use.

The coffee machine seems like a good deal, Mono had talked with me about those awhile back. That grinder is new to me though. Let us know how it does!

W
The coffee machine seems like a good deal, Mono had talked with me about those awhile back. That grinder is new to me though. Let us know how it does!
will do! Has 4.5 stars out of 852 reviews on amazon so I figured I would try and save some $ over the more expensive conical burr grinders. Had the Capresso from costco before and it died in a year

Just brewed my first pot. First impressions are very favorable. Blooming feature worked well and a full 8 cup pot was done in about 6 minutes. Coffee is full of flavor with no acidic or burned tones. Just a good cup of coffee. Build quality is ok, this is where you get what you pay for. The carafe feels fairly cheap, but it does poor well with no spilling. Grinder is coming later today!

Just brewed my first pot. First impressions are very favorable. Blooming feature worked well and a full 8 cup pot was done in about 6 minutes. Coffee is full of flavor with no acidic or burned tones. Just a good cup of coffee. Build quality is ok, this is where you get what you pay for. The carafe feels fairly cheap, but it does poor well with no spilling. Grinder is coming later today!
Is it worth the $100 you paid?? If so I will get one! I like my Ninja, but you have to run a cleaning cycle often. Plus mine is old....

Is it worth the $100 you paid?? If so I will get one! I like my Ninja, but you have to run a cleaning cycle often. Plus mine is old....
I think so. Pre infusion works great and I love the parking brake feature. You manually shut off the drip so you can control the brew or do it to make sure nothing spills onto the burner. It doesnt feel as premium as my brothers moccamaster but it is $200 cheaper. Coffee is just as good.

In the late 1800s to today , Coffee companies have dooped Americans for profits. Central American coffee is cheap and bitter . That is why everybody dumps cream/milk and sugar in it. It is cheaper to ship from Central America than from South America. The higher the altitude , the richer and smoother the coffee. Most Columbian coffee is sold to rich Europeans. Cheap Central American coffee is not shipped to Europe or Asia at all. Europeans , Rich Asians and other far countries pay crazy taxes on coffee. They drink the best coffee. The most expensive coffee beans passes though a sloth/monkeys behind. Animals eat the coffee beans. Workers search the jungles for dukey , and pick out the beans. That coffee cost a fortune ! No Thank You.

In the late 1800s to today , Coffee companies have dooped Americans for profits. Central American coffee is cheap and bitter . That is why everybody dumps cream/milk and sugar in it. It is cheaper to ship from Central America than from South America. The higher the altitude , the richer and smoother the coffee. Most Columbian coffee is sold to rich Europeans. Cheap Central American coffee is not shipped to Europe or Asia at all. Europeans , Rich Asians and other far countries pay crazy taxes on coffee. They drink the best coffee. The most expensive coffee beans passes though a sloth/monkeys behind. Animals eat the coffee beans. Workers search the jungles for dukey , and pick out the beans. That coffee cost a fortune ! No Thank You.
So yeah, your post comes of very trollish! o_O But OK, I'll play...

Central American coffee is cheap and bitter.
That's a pretty dang broad generalization! :rolleyes: If that's how you feel, you've clearly never had a good Costa Rican coffee (one of my favorite origins in the WORLD!), one from Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador (all can be quite good), Panama has some good ones too, or even a Panama or Guatemala Gesha... You are seriously missing out!!! ;)

This likely means you haven't been buying the right coffee, or someone has done a pretty good job at brainwashing you. Central American coffees can be some of the best of the best, in the world. NOT bitter and/or cheap. :eek:

The higher the altitude , the richer and smoother the coffee.
Again, a pretty broad generalization, and SO not true...

The most expensive coffee beans passes though a sloth/monkeys behind. Animals eat the coffee beans. Workers search the jungles for dukey , and pick out the beans. That coffee cost a fortune ! No Thank You.
Again, FALSE. Civet coffee hasn't been the most expensive coffee for a LONG time, at least since the Gesha varietal hit the scene. We're talking HUNDREDS of dollars per pound for some of the best Gesha at auction.

That Civet coffee you're talking about was/is a fad, and not something that's mainstream. The cost comes from the general lack of supply, and the labor-intensive process to get it to a "drinkable" state.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, with all that out of the way, if you have an open mind, maybe stick around and learn a thing or two? We're good guys, and you might even get some free coffee... ;) I guarantee we can change your mind about Central American coffee. :D

PS - The irony here is that Columbian and Brazilian coffees are known in the higher-end (specialty) coffee world for generally being pretty one-dimensional, without a lot of origin characteristics, thus serving as a base for many espresso blends. My view is quite the opposite of what you have asserted here.

Last edited:
Lol, SpyderPhreak SpyderPhreak I was waiting for you to chime in on that!:D

I've had really good coffee from all different regions and also had some that wasn't. There is a lot more that goes into it than just country of origin for sure. Just like knives, learning more about coffee gives me a new appreciation for how much there is that I don't know.

;) Had to be said. :shrug:

Costa Rica is my 2nd favorite origin after Kenya for everyday coffee (excluding JBM and Kona, but with the cost, those aren't really "everyday" coffees). Guatemala is probably #3, though Burundi is moving up fast! I've had excellent South American coffees too. :)

Back