Coffee

Had my first hot cup of coffee in a while this morning. Koffee Kult medium roast. Wasn’t bad. I have to say tho right now I still prefer cold brew over ice, and it’s in the 50’s this morning

It’s been in the 60s here at night. I still have to have my coffee in the morning. I don’t care if it’s 120 degrees!!!

It’s been in the 60s here at night. I still have to have my coffee in the morning. I don’t care if it’s 120 degrees!!!

You bet your bippy.
I don't get my 3 cups and I don't function.

How are you brewing it hot? Dcdavis Dcdavis Cold brew seems to bring out less of the unpleasant flavors and is also less acidic.

I think I could handle 120 degrees, as long as you're talking about the coffee and not the weather, Monofletch Monofletch
We don't need any of that!

I’ll drink it all day long. This summer tho I got to where I couldn’t do hot coffee anymore at work. I’m out in the heat and the sun and it just wasn’t working for me. That’s when I started experimenting with cold brew and I’ve really grown to love it that way.

How are you brewing it hot? Dcdavis Dcdavis Cold brew seems to bring out less of the unpleasant flavors and is also less acidic.

I think I could handle 120 degrees, as long as you're talking about the coffee and not the weather, Monofletch Monofletch
We don't need any of that!

I just a regular ole Mr. Coffee auto drip maker. I didn’t even make it halfway thru the hot cup this morning before I poured it out and threw some ice and cold brew in there. Grown to be a big fan of it that way. I’ve noticed it doesn’t leave hardly any aftertaste that way as well

I'm guessing it's the auto drip then. Many of them don't get the water to the proper temperature or they don't drip through well, both of which can cause poor extraction. Part of the big resurgence in manual coffee brewing is from the amount of control you get over the process. It's also much cheaper than the higher end auto drip makers. The downside is it's also more time consuming and a lot of people don't want that first thing in the morning.

I remember reading that some people like to make cold brew concentrate and dilute it with hot water instead of ice when they want it hot instead. Don't think I've tried that myself, but it will definitely still be different than a normal hot brewed coffee.

dannyp dannyp Yea the auto drip. I’ve never really had a problem with the taste of hot black coffee but I really enjoy the cold brew. I’ve only ever used cheap auto drip makers so I don’t know any difference. Never tried adding hot water in it tho. To me it’s just extremely smooth with ice

I wouldn’t mind trying some of the manual methods tho. It wouldn’t bother me any with a little extra work in the morning. I’m usually up at 430-5am and ready to go, before coffee. Just always have been a morning person.

First batch of fire roasted. Decided to try it out after getting done with the grill today. It took way longer than I expected because the coals had burned down too much even with adding some wood. Makes me wonder how it will taste.

Next time I decide to try it, I will definitely use the charcoal chimney to concentrate the heat in a smaller area.

It was 117 here yesterday and I was drinking coffee in the afternoon:)
I used to be able to do it, be rite out in the blazing sun working and drink hot coffee like it was nothing all day. This summer it just kinda changed for me and I lost interest in it. Discovered cold brew coffee from some guys here and never looked back

That’s awesome!!
I ordered 2 bags or RoD, a Unicorn, and the Monsooned beans. I’ll have to check my order status!!

Flavored coffees are not normally my favorite but my brother sent me a bag of this from New Mexico and it is very good.

l1HQlIc.jpg

Back