coffee?

The whole sat/sun/mon schedule is a bit rough on everyone, I'm amazed at how busy the "weekends" have been with jess getting stuck with more "extra" work training new nurses.

Here's some teaser pics of one that's available. I may try to wax up the handle a bit more, but I love the walnut.

(big, 12.5 overall, 7.5 blade, beefy comfy guarded handle.)

530-01.jpg

530-02.jpg

530-03.jpg

530-04.jpg

530-05.jpg

This knife is such a beauty I keep looking at it. Whoever bought it- post on it please! :thumbup:

RPN- I'll be getting to more of those.

But right now it's Tuesday. I have 2 goats to butcher this week, one is for burger and droewors before it gets cold. Another 5 gallons of cider to press, at least. 4 or 5 more cases of applesauce, apple salsa (tasty!), and as much dried apples as we can handle.

Oh, and I have to pick up a beef from the butcher this morning. So, first of 4 that are being posted today:

This is the bog oak leuku I was working on. 10 3/8 OAL, 1/8 1084 steel with a fairly high scandivex grind. Blade is right at 5.5. This is one of my bog oak handles. I have enough to do several more, but I'm not sure how many or when I'll be able to get more Good Stuff. This is ~20k year old, really semi-pretrified. Eats sanding materials like you wouldn't believe (it's like trying to sand and shape a coarse AO sharpening block!)

Pins are a carbon steel so the bluing can all match.

Sheath is by Sierra, explorer

535-01.jpg

535-03.jpg

535-05.jpg

535-06.jpg

535-07.jpg

And an FKUK, this one still needs me to strop and oil. and you can sorta tell in the photos. Interesting to see. 1/8 1084, 10 7/8 inches overall with a 5 5/8 blade. Beefy handle of the industrial linen micarta. I did a dozen of these in various military send offs last year and this one I'm putting up for sale. I like the design a lot.

536-01.jpg

536-02.jpg

536-03.jpg

536-04.jpg

536-05.jpg

and last one before I go get beef (there's another 2) - a "mountain man utility" type. I sometimes just mess around and make something fairly simplistic and extra rustic.

This one is 7/64 (almost 1/8, but thicker than 3/32) 15N20 saw blade. Nice handle length and blade shape, I think. Handle is a basic cord wrap with hand laid linen cord finished with a mix of linseed and tung oil (dries up nice and solid)

overall 8 inches with a 3 3/4 inch blade.

and a LEFT HANDED ranger sheath. Which isn't as big a deal as you think it is. I'm getting more and more comfortable wearing "backwards" sheaths for some knives and getting used to drawing icepick grip on some. Of course, if you are a leftie like me, it's the right-way-sheath!

537-01.jpg

537-04.jpg

537-05.jpg

537-06.jpg

Wow, nice stuff. If I did not already have 2 of your blades about the size of that bog oak leuku, I would not hesitate to snap up that one. But all nice stuff!!

Yet another reason to pray that wifey bags a full-time j-o-b at some point! :(

Nice stuff! :thumbup:

and one more photo set of a smaller skinner/utility-

this one is also 7/64 15N20, with a nice high convex taper. Overall about 8 1/4 inches with a 4 inch blade. Walnut scales and brass tubing pins.

Sierra did a nice job slimming the sheath down on this one. Still strong, but not bulky.

540-02.jpg

540-03.jpg

540-04.jpg

540-05.jpg

540-06.jpg

540-07.jpg

Nice batch!

I am still looking at an empty firesteel loop on that Hell Cleaver by the way....hint hint :D

Sounds like you have some good plans for the meats. Droewors, Yum! The best sausage I have ever had was in South Africa and Namibia....they have mastered the art of sausage making.

1/4 inch firesteel, caramel micarta handle. Shoot me a PM if you need any more details. Thanks Christof!

Nope, the bog oak is around. I'm planning to put up an update to the available knives thread this weekend if the weather, OPFOR contract, Goats, and Kiddos permit.

email through BF if you want to talk about it :)

the first kitchen set. this one is a pair, there's a triplet heat treated and 2 more triplets ready for dilling and heat treating.

I have to take the heat treating slow on these, forge or kiln- it's the oil and the copper plates. Too many at once and I get warpage and a lack of goodness on the heat treat.

542-543-wip-01.jpg

542-543-wip-02.jpg

542-543-wip-03.jpg

542-543-wip-04.jpg

Fantastic work! Great to see your work in progress as well.

BTW, I'd LOVE to purchase a knife but have had trouble contacting you. When / If you have a spare moment please email me at: wjschorr AT gmail DOT com. Many thanks and very best regards, Bill

Work in progress. FKUK, "slim" style, grey/black G10. it's a gray man knife! (humor)

544-wip-01.jpg

544-wip-02.jpg

544-wip-03.jpg

Your moving on the kitchen knives!

The fkuk looks real nice...Koyote goes tactical to my eye! :eek::D

Kitchen knives look very nice. Beautiful grain there.

I really like that Grey Man knife.

Back