coffee?

rpn- it's not really any more or less tactical than the other FKUKs, it's just a different color scheme. I tend to avoid te heavily patterned composites because my finishing style isn't s angular and rough as is the norm for micarta/g10/etc.

But I do like this grey/black!!

Rotte- yeah, i like the maple. Working on the bog oak for the next one, and need to plane down some walnut for the next set. One is yours, since you need a BIG santoku. Just not sure which one yet, depends on the handle finishing for size.

gotcha. replied, all done.

I'll be getting actual listing on others set up soon.

and that set is done and polished. I might toss another coat of wax or oil on for shipping if someone wants....

the santoku larger blade is 10 1/8 overall with a 5 7/8 blade and is about 1 3/4 inches broad. the petty knife is 9 inches with a 4 1/2 inch blade and has a maximum breadth of 1 1/4 inches.

542-543-01.jpg

542-543-02.jpg

542-543-03.jpg

yah, trying to. Jess had to pull a few extra shifts and I had to butcher goats and pick more apples. and more apples. and then some more apples. yeeeeee

lol my apple trees produced a total of 4 apples this year. crazy ass weather we had. 60's when it should have been 30's and then 30's when it was suppose to be 60 lol. wtf. lets hope next year does better.

Friday was Astrid's 6th birthday, we had quite a full day out.

The mornings are cooling down enough now that it's 11am before the epoxy wamrs up- which is good because tryng to do epoxy at 100 degrees is really hard. (no work time)

More knife photos coming soon, trying to hammer out the orders.

good stuff. Did you ever get that wood stove in your shop? I been working my ass off also trying to prepare for the coming winter. I feel it's going to be very cold lol.

0A7BB52F-6D2C-46ED-B04F-3F5824EEFA71-106-00000063AB42D52B.jpg

22A79581-4759-4367-A376-65E52DE469BA-106-00000063B1CE7BA6.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't got nearly enough wood split, but have a friend who does tree removal and firewood locally. Which helps. No wood stove in the shop yet, that's proven to be a space issue, and I need to get something set up in the house as well. Right now we're going back and forth between doing a double barrel (55 gallon drums) inside and getting a more traditional and space saving pot belly design.

That's the main problem with the shop, in fact- I want a smallish footprint.

I just didn't have enough room so I had to shell out big bucks for a new efficient model that can basically sit against the wall. all it needs is 3 inches of clearance around it and it's good to go. I heat my whole 1700 square foot house with it. a full load will last for about 10 hours with hard wood. it literally paid for it's self last season. the cost of propane was out of control

I'm not sure about the room versus cost issue.

In the shop it's workable if I get the old trailer ripped apart enough to get my son's physica and electronics stuff into it. And the radios. THEN I have a nice spacre space right in the middle of the floor for the old small woodstove I own. The house is a whol other story, involving trying to move stuff around so we can do it. I think it's doable.

Jess is *almost* off today, and this week she only has one out-of-schedule 2 hours meeting (today, in fact). Which is actually DOWN.

Milk is fine, but you really should add coffee to it!

9 pregnant girls, 1 herd buck, one companion wether, 2 more boys to butcher. Gonna be a fair amount of hay this winter.

bunnies are pregnant. We'll see how that goes.

sorta kinda looking for a fall pig right now, it's a bit of work to rig up a pen, different needs than the goats and chickens.

I hope all is well, check your email, looking for #544 if sheath was done. Sounds like you are busy getting ready for winter. Take care and don't work too hard.

Back