Views of coronavirus outbreak via new @CNN poll:

Republicans:
71% the worst is behind us
26% the worst is yet to come

Democrats:
23% the worst is behind us
74% the worst is yet to come

in this "no politics" thread:

"the worst is yet to come" - :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::)
"the worst is behind us" - you must be censored:(

Now some life hacks for the rest of us.
703tuqwcsby41.jpg

91tyd2hidgu41.jpg

3sep6l4imuu41.jpg

2 main groups of people who are asking for restrictions to stay in place: 1. people who can afford stay home- money in the bank, can work from home, can work around restrictions, or still getting a paycheck for whatever reasons 2. overwhelmed health care workers
If you mute group one, then the argument becomes a little more easier to follow:
how many people die immediately : suicide, from lack of access to medical care to treat other illnesses...is this number going to be greater or lesser than the number of covid deaths?
How many people die 'slow' deaths(can this number even be estimated?): loss of business, pushed into poverty which may be felt for generations, women and children locked up with their abusers etc
If there is a surge /second peak, does your health care facility have the resources to handle it?
If you are in group 2 and are still in favor of keeping restrictions in place, what is your criteria for lifting them?

Wow two is a very big number.

I can't imagine an bigger number of Dr anywhere saying anything different.

You aren't accounting for the censorship occuring or the fact that science does not work by concensus. You also aren't accounting for the doctors who are pressured to write Covid as the cause of death even if it either isn't or they can not determine that

You aren't accounting for the censorship occuring or the fact that science does not work by concensus.

Science actually kinda does work by consensus.

If you want something with hard unbend-able rules try spelling.

Scientific knowledge is built as people come up with hypotheses and theories, repeatedly check them against observations of the natural world and continue to refine those explanations based on new ideas and observations.

I'm considering taking bets on whether this thread makes it past this weekend or not. Right now, the odds are great on a lockdown which is unfortunate because in the banal section of Blade Forums aka the cesspool (to some) there is a fertile playground for those likeminded folks who do not like the POV of most of the participants in here.

Don't come in and sh*t on someone like Nathan's subforum because it will probably end up badly.

Science actually kinda does work by consensus.

If you want something with hard unbend-able rules try spelling.

Scientific knowledge is built as people come up with hypotheses and theories, repeatedly check them against observations of the natural world and continue to refine those explanations based on new ideas and observations.

That does not contradict the point science does not work by concensus.

you best watch yourself

I'm considering taking bets on whether this thread makes it past this weekend or not. Right now, the odds are great on a lockdown which is unfortunate because in the banal section of Blade Forums aka the cesspool (to some) there is a fertile playground for those likeminded folks who do not like the POV of most of the participants in here.

Don't come in and sh*t on someone like Nathan's subforum because it will probably end up badly.

Only participate if you have the same opinion?

As I have gotten older, I've learned that being in the throes and midst of some major crisis and by listening to and watching constant media coverage, specially those of the American media (left or right, although in no way I am drawing any equivalency between these two opposing camps) can be very dulling to one's willingness to remain intellectually unbiased.

So what has been my solution for my? Referring to history to research and to study past behaviors because as human beings, despite tremendous technological advances in the lat 100 years or so (1900 and on) today's human is really no more superior in terms of brain neurons as compared to our great great grand folks. Do yourselves a favor by studying the following major catastrophic events in the 20th century, who were the leaders at the time and what lead to and what lead people out of those situations: WWI / Spanish Flu / The original Stockmarket crash / The Great Depression / The rise of the NAZI Germany. You will find some key answers in them but may not like the time which it takes to rebuild burnt bridges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back