CPK Boot Daggers

would someone please punch one of these through a car door or a suit of armor..........

you will get extra likes if the car is a Lambo or a Porsche, armor would need to be at least 500 years old
for likes.
Does it matter if the car, regardless of make/ model, belongs to the person doing the stabbing?
Would extra points go to the person stabbed his own car? Or the person that stabbed somebody else's? (Strong arguments could be made for either).

I think it is only fair and proper that the dagger and the Lambo or suit of armor belong to the stabber.

I guess you could even use an old Lambo door from one of those pick and pull places, or maybe rent a Lambo for the day.

This is important research that must be done Asap.

CaC6KPil.jpg

31aCBhCl.jpg

At the beginning I only had passing interest in the boot dagger. Really. When the pictures started coming I got more interested.

Then, I had an idea... I have actually lost sleep over this idea. When I lose sleep over an idea for a project I get a little nuts. That's when I knew I had to have a dagger. I needed to know if I could do it.

These are some ironwood scales I have made for the project. I picked the block for the sweeping lines that I knew I could cut to create symmetey along the center line, and mimic some of the flowing lines in the knife. The micarta down the middle is an integral rib as a tribute to the integral daggers Nathan has done. My favorite projects complement the design elements in the knife and honor the maker. I hope I can pull this off.

If this works right I will post more.

CaC6KPil.jpg

31aCBhCl.jpg

At the beginning I only had passing interest in the boot dagger. Really. When the pictures started coming I got more interested.

Then, I had an idea... I have actually lost sleep over this idea. When I lose sleep over an idea for a project I get a little nuts. That's when I knew I had to have a dagger. I needed to know if I could do it.

These are some ironwood scales I have made for the project. I picked the block for the sweeping lines that I knew I could cut to create symmetey along the center line, and mimic some of the flowing lines in the knife. The micarta down the middle is an integral rib as a tribute to the integral daggers Nathan has done. My favorite projects complement the design elements in the knife and honor the maker. I hope I can pull this off.

If this works right I will post more.

I can't wait to see them!

Paul recently made a couple for me: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bill-bagwell-style-birds-head-bowies.1758316/

More generally, a google search for Paul Long sheaths should produce some good examples.
Many pieces photographed by Coop and shown in his gallery on SharpbyCoop include sheaths by Paul.
There are many examples in the CPK in leather thread in this subforum as he recently did a bunch of those.

Back