CPK Boot Daggers

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by TRfromMT, Aug 27, 2020.

1. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Does it matter if the car, regardless of make/ model, belongs to the person doing the stabbing?
    Would extra points go to the person stabbed his own car? Or the person that stabbed somebody else's? (Strong arguments could be made for either).

John F., jus_gus, Odog27 and 2 others like this.
  2. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I think it is only fair and proper that the dagger and the Lambo or suit of armor belong to the stabber.

I guess you could even use an old Lambo door from one of those pick and pull places, or maybe rent a Lambo for the day.

This is important research that must be done Asap.

jus_gus, Odog27 and woodysone like this.
  3. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    EAGERLY awaiting a shipping notice!!! :eek: :)

woodysone, Odog27, jus_gus and 5 others like this.
  4. Box_Opener

Box_Opener Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2018
    350C9AFF-B0C5-406E-9150-212C36CF6D8F.jpeg
    I found the blade that the boot dagger reminded me of. Not a main gauche, but close. A parrying dagger. 17th C Italian.

5. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At the beginning I only had passing interest in the boot dagger. Really. When the pictures started coming I got more interested.

Then, I had an idea... I have actually lost sleep over this idea. When I lose sleep over an idea for a project I get a little nuts. That's when I knew I had to have a dagger. I needed to know if I could do it.

These are some ironwood scales I have made for the project. I picked the block for the sweeping lines that I knew I could cut to create symmetey along the center line, and mimic some of the flowing lines in the knife. The micarta down the middle is an integral rib as a tribute to the integral daggers Nathan has done. My favorite projects complement the design elements in the knife and honor the maker. I hope I can pull this off.

If this works right I will post more.

6. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Boy Tony you have given me a woody. If this turns out like the rest of your scales, another stunner in the make in.:eek:

jus_gus, Box_Opener, Odog27 and 2 others like this.
  7. 000Robert

000Robert Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2020
    I can't wait to see them!

jus_gus, Box_Opener, Odog27 and 3 others like this.
  8. Nathan the Machinist

Nathan the Machinist KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 13, 2007
    That's pretty cool

9. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    And so now we have WOODYSTWO :D Understandable - if a little weird o_O - that handle will make an awesome dagger even more incredible @TRfromMT :thumbsup:

jus_gus, duramax, Odog27 and 2 others like this.
  10. TRfromMT

Jan 4, 2016
    ^^^I was hoping we were all just going to let that one go by without comment. :eek:

jus_gus, Big DJ, vkp78 and 9 others like this.
  11. sheathmaker

sheathmaker Custom Leather Sheaths Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 18, 2005
    A little update. I've been getting email questions..."has the dagger arrived?"

The answer is not yet. I will post in this thread when it arrives.

jus_gus, John F., Hard Knocks and 9 others like this.
  12. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    +1

jus_gus, woodysone, Mike157 and 2 others like this.
  13. Hundred Acre Wood

Hundred Acre Wood

Mar 19, 2017
    Nothing makes your day like a CPK shipping notice.

14. TRfromMT

Jan 4, 2016
    ^^^
    (TRfromMT goes immediately to the sales thread to see where he placed relative to @Hundred Acre Wood)

15. fatfrog

fatfrog Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 26, 2019
    :D now I'm curious too... I think I came in 19th but hard to tell with the doubling of post #'s.

16. sheathmaker

May 18, 2005
    I received word today from Richard, that Jo will ship the test dagger to me today 11/12 20

so I should have it in hand in the next few days and we can get started.

jus_gus, duramax, Grenock and 11 others like this.
  17. fatfrog

fatfrog Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 26, 2019
    Hi Paul, I'm not too familiar with your sheaths. Do you have a link to some photos of your work?

jus_gus, vkp78, Mike157 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Richard338

Richard338 Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005
    Paul recently made a couple for me: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bill-bagwell-style-birds-head-bowies.1758316/

More generally, a google search for Paul Long sheaths should produce some good examples.
    Many pieces photographed by Coop and shown in his gallery on SharpbyCoop include sheaths by Paul.
    There are many examples in the CPK in leather thread in this subforum as he recently did a bunch of those.

jus_gus, duramax, vkp78 and 8 others like this.
  19. jlauffer

jlauffer Dissident Aggressor Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Whoop! Got my shipping notice!:cool:

20. sheathmaker

May 18, 2005
    Senor Frog, check post #378 for the map to many photos of my various works.