CPK EDC2

I got my EDC2. Thanks Nate and Jo or should it be Jo and Nate? ;)

I had some misgivings about the handle based on pictures. Sometimes I like to use a knife edge up. Anyway, it fits my hand perfectly both ways. I ordered it with polished Micarta. The only thing I would change is to opt for something with a bit of texture. I guess that I can go over the scales with some sand paper.

Last edited:
View attachment 874701

Zombie EDC2 in greenish gray buckeye burl.

@grogimus gave me this piece of wood and it was destined for this knife! Color is a perfect complement to this blade if you ask me. I didnt even have the zombie when he sent the scales, but it's a fantastic match.
Boy TR those are pretty! These are just as nice as the Koa ones you did on the field knife.

From the WIP pics I thought you might be going with torx fasteners there for a minute.

Just for expedience. The aluminum fasteners from the original knife I keep mint. Any little burr or abuse causes them to gall up pretty easily so I use a steel fastener for my fit-up work. Plus they are longer to fit all the way through the un-shaped scales. Just easier.

When is the next batch going out?

This is a fair question. It's going to be a few weeks. This is because we're out of heat treated blades. The blades shipped to Peter's for our heat treat on Monday 19th, we're awaiting their return.

There were 165 sold in the pre-order, we have shipped 118 of them.

There was a hiccup in our production flow at the turn of the year due to a problem with some material (we ended up rejecting an entire lot of steel) so we took advantage of the down time for some machine maintenance (we put a fresh spindle in the Mori). This left us with a backlog in our machining. It's completely my fault, I chose to shift some finishing production around in order to maintain output and put EDCs into sales in January with the intent to produce more. We did produce more, but (as always) it took longer than I thought it would. The component pieces are made, but it's going to be a few weeks before they're ready to ship.

I didn't commit to a ship date for that pre-order, only that I would start shipping in three months. But it was reasonable to expect they would all be shipped by now. I didn't know specifically what sort of issues might arise that could effect the schedule, but I've been involved in production operations long enough to know that things inevitably happen and I failed to create enough wiggle room around this project to assure I could complete it in a reasonable time frame. For that I apologize. The blades should be finished being heat treated next week. Once they arrive we will focus exclusively on their production until the preorder is complete, probably about three weeks from now. In my opinion that has the end of the order shipping about 6 weeks later than they should have. My bad.

This is a fair question. It's going to be a few weeks. This is because we're out of heat treated blades. The blades shipped to Peter's for our heat treat on Monday 19th, we're awaiting their return.

There were 165 sold in the pre-order, we have shipped 118 of them.

There was a hiccup in our production flow at the turn of the year due to a problem with some material (we ended up rejecting an entire lot of steel) so we took advantage of the down time for some machine maintenance (we put a fresh spindle in the Mori). This left us with a backlog in our machining. It's completely my fault, I chose to shift some finishing production around in order to maintain output and put EDCs into sales in January with the intent to produce more. We did produce more, but (as always) it took longer than I thought it would. The component pieces are made, but it's going to be a few weeks before they're ready to ship.

I didn't commit to a ship date for that pre-order, only that I would start shipping in three months. But it was reasonable to expect they would all be shipped by now. I didn't know specifically what sort of issues might arise that could effect the schedule, but I've been involved in production operations long enough to know that things inevitably happen and I failed to create enough wiggle room around this project to assure I could complete it in a reasonable time frame. For that I apologize. The blades should be finished being heat treated next week. Once they arrive we will focus exclusively on their production until the preorder is complete, probably about three weeks from now. In my opinion that has the end of the order shipping about 6 weeks later than they should have. My bad.
No worries here, I appreciate the QC on your behalf rejecting a bad batch of steel. An additional 3-6 weeks is no biggie to get the quality tool we all love in a CPK. Keep up the good work!

Back