CPK EDC2

Thanks Gusbuster Gusbuster i was looking at those sheaths. Do they work iwb as well at the 11oclock position or so? When I get the extra funds saved up in a few months I will have to pick one up. The hdfk drained my extra cash.

They don’t work for IWB. Bud modified a few for IWB, but I don’t think it worked out too well. I would probably go with a kydex sheath and a pull the dot loop for IWB. Even the stock kydex is pretty low profile horizontal or vertical.

ac699415-603d-4fa5-8e84-425737998052-jpeg.883249
Was inspired by gusbuster.

Attachments

• AC699415-603D-4FA5-8E84-425737998052.jpeg
    AC699415-603D-4FA5-8E84-425737998052.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 392
Thanks Gusbuster Gusbuster i was looking at those sheaths. Do they work iwb as well at the 11oclock position or so? When I get the extra funds saved up in a few months I will have to pick one up. The hdfk drained my extra cash.

I do not reccomend carrying anything sharp and pointy IWB/appendix in leather. I tried a couple clips bent inward for IWB .. didn't like it so I won't make anymore. As Gus suggested, go kydex for your IWB needs - there's less chance of cutting your own soft parts with the kydex.

As for the EDC/EDC2 ISP sheaths .. I plan on bringing about a dozen of them to Blade Show, along with some belt sheaths for them and the FK and HDFK. Find me at Table 22L.

Does the EDC2 come factory treated in any way to prevent corrosion under the scales?
What have folks done to prevent corrosion under the scales?

I took this photo the day before yesterday, after a week of rain. These D3V throwers've been stuck in the target for a week in the wet, and so far no staining or corrosion

EVMg0v0.jpg

Nice! Tangs coated in something??

My EDC II is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow!!! Wish I could call in to work lol. Oh well it will be a nice prize at the end of the day/evening when i get home to it. Obviously this is my first CPK and I couldn’t be more excited

It will be a good day for sure! I’ve carried mine everyday since I received it.
The downside is my folders are being neglected.

Hey I just wanted to give a big thanks to Nathan and CPK ...

last week I posted that I was having an issue with a small spot on the edge of one of my EDC2s ... I thought I was getting the burr off but after a few times in and out of the sheath it was shiney again ...

I asked if anyone had any suggestions for me as I am relatively new to sharpening 3V ... Nathan went above and asked me to send the knife so he could look at it ...

well he looked at it explained what the issue probably was so I would know if I ever had that issue again ... but he also sharpened the knife ... fixed that area ... reimbursed shipping costs ... and sent me a nice CPK tshirt and a CPK mug ...

which I will get some pictures when I get home later this week ... was great to see they not only make a great product but the take time to interact here on the forums and I couldn't ask for more from anyone's customer service ...

Thanks Nathan and all of CPK ... JJ

So what was causing the burr? I think I am having a similar issue. Also it looks like my grinds are rather uneven

Hi meramos76 ... this was Nathan's response after I had sent the knife to him and he had a chance to look at it ...

There was certainly a flat spot there. Sometimes that can happen (for our knives and most other manufacturers too) because the initial edge is ground on an abrasive belt rather than a flat stone and this belt is not always perfectly flat. This can create a small re-curve directly ahead of the plunge because that area doesn't see the entire width of the belt like the rest of the blade.

This slightly re-curved area doesn't always touch a flat stone perfectly the first time a knife is sharpened. I always apply a small micro bevel on an Arkansas stone to remove the burr from the initial sharpening and it is possible I missed an area of that burr due to a small unintentional re-curve.

If that's the case, this area could have had a wire edge that was being realigned with stropping but rolling with sheath contact.

The other possibility would be a piece of abrasive trapped in the sheath there. If that were the case it would probably be left over from when the sheath was manufactured.

In either case I think this problem was almost certainly my fault so I apologize. We give every knife our best effort and we don't take short cuts, but anything done by human hands is prone to mistakes. I am re-sharpening your knife and you will receive a new sheath. We'll return it with some cash to cover your shipping costs and I'll ask Jo to put some CPK schwag in there. What size shirt do you wear?

And in my case the blade had a very slight recurve as Nathan mentioned ... if I had taken the edge and used the edge of my sharpening stone or my rounded ceramic hone it probably would have taken that tiny wire edge off that I was not quite getting removed with a hard flat stropping surface.

I hope this helps ... if not contact Nathan or Jo they are awesome to respond to customers.

Also it looks like my grinds are rather uneven

Can you please elaborate on this a little? When you say "grinds", are you talking about the primary grinds? They're precision machined and then expertly hand finished, they're probably some of the most precise geometry of their sort in the industry. If your grinds are "rather uneven" I want to understand that better.

If you're talking the edge bevel, those are sharpened by hand and none are completely perfect but I consider all of them to be "good". Can you expand a little on what you're talking about?

Lastly, and I don't mean for this to sound contentious, but do you know how to sharpen a knife? Our knives are supplied with a quality edge and very sharp, but our focus is on value and "bang for the buck" high performance knives, not geometrically 100% perfect edge geometry. Our edges are ground on water-cooled belts and we control the edge angle so we're better than 99% of the rest of the knife industry there, but the belts are not perfectly flat and do not leave a precision ground jewel quality edge facet and slight rounding and small areas of recurve can happen. When the user first sharpens their knife on their own sharpening system they may need to refine and adjust the steel a little to their own setup and preferences. If you desire a greater degree of perfection in your edge geometry precision you will need to sharpen your knife to your own standards and we simply try to provide a good quality edge that cuts well and is a good starting place for your own edge refinement (that any knife which is used will need over time).

If you're not satisfied with your knife you can return it for a refund and I apologize if it doesn't meet your expectations.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help and anything we can do for you.

FWIW, my guess is that Ramos is referring to the primary bevel, not the (primary) grind which I think was stated erroneously.

Can you please elaborate on this a little? When you say "grinds", are you talking about the primary grinds? They're precision machined and then expertly hand finished, they're probably some of the most precise geometry of their sort in the industry. If your grinds are "rather uneven" I want to understand that better.

If you're talking the edge bevel, those are sharpened by hand and none are completely perfect but I consider all of them to be "good". Can you expand a little on what you're talking about?

Lastly, and I don't mean for this to sound contentious, but do you know how to sharpen a knife? Our knives are supplied with a quality edge and very sharp, but our focus is on value and "bang for the buck" high performance knives, not geometrically 100% perfect edge geometry. Our edges are ground on water-cooled belts and we control the edge angle so we're better than 99% of the rest of the knife industry there, but the belts are not perfectly flat and do not leave a precision ground jewel quality edge facet and slight rounding and small areas of recurve can happen. When the user first sharpens their knife on their own sharpening system they may need to refine and adjust the steel a little to their own setup and preferences. If you desire a greater degree of perfection in your edge geometry precision you will need to sharpen your knife to your own standards and we simply try to provide a good quality edge that cuts well and is a good starting place for your own edge refinement (that any knife which is used will need over time).

If you're not satisfied with your knife you can return it for a refund and I apologize if it doesn't meet your expectations.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help and anything we can do for you

c7a28f51769b7d341cd462cab39f42cb.jpg

Let me try and post some pics when I get home and see if I can better explain myself. Btw I LOVE the knife. Well worth the wait.

Last edited:
You see the way it is wider at the tip? I honestly think it looks kinda cool but was not sure if it would cause an issue when it comes to resharpening?

c7a28f51769b7d341cd462cab39f42cb.jpg

Back