CPK EDC2

Can you please elaborate on this a little? When you say "grinds", are you talking about the primary grinds? They're precision machined and then expertly hand finished, they're probably some of the most precise geometry of their sort in the industry.

[...] we simply try to provide a good quality edge that cuts well and is a good starting place for your own edge refinement
^ This.
I have occasionally remarked how sharp I can get my EDC2 - especially since I took the edge angle down a slight notch.

I am by no means an expert at sharpening and use simple DMT diafolds.
But using the extremely even and precise grind of the blade and edge bevels as a “starting place” (see above) makes it both extremely easy and a joy for me to maintain a ridiculously sharp, even edge as long as I am careful to apply even pressure and the same number of strokes per side. There is zero “wonkiness” in these blades that I would have to correct for (and have encountered in numerous knives by other makers) and it shows in the results of even my own amateur-level skills.

Received mine today. They are the most well packed knives I ever received. Hats off to the CPK folks.

The antique micarta scales look awesome! I finally get to see them in person.

40707446305_b058683acf_k_d.jpg

40888330514_b26621135d_k_d.jpg

40888330524_39ac84a8b0_k_d.jpg

I have a vertical and a horizontal sheath for each of them. The sheaths are functional but the quality can be better. They don’t do the knives justice. If anybody is able to let Eric Lind from Mashed Cat have one EDC2 to make some extra sheaths, pls let me know. I will be all in.

Received mine today. They are the most well packed knives I ever received. Hats off to the CPK folks.

I have a vertical and a horizontal sheath for each of them. The sheaths are functional but the quality can be better. They don’t do the knives justice. If anybody is able to let Eric Lind from Mashed Cat have one EDC2 to make some extra sheaths, pls let me know. I will be all in.
I plan on sending my EDC2 to Eric Monday

Very, very nice Don, just gorgeous. Congrats on officially joining the CPK-EDC2 owners club ;) :) :thumbsup:

Do you sell the blems ?
I’d love to buy one for serious testing of delta 3V(bricks, nails etc)
Man that would be something else!
I’d love to get my hands on one of the Choppers that has a fugly spot.
It would make it a hell of a lot easier to beat on knowing it isn’t a perfect piece.

Yes Rodger, when bored from doing repetitive tasks Nathan resurrects some blamed CPKs from the dead by zombifying them. Then Nathan runs a fun Friday sale when he offers them at a small discount, but be warned that the demand is extremely high with the supply in single digits or even a single digit!!!

Back