Cult of the peanut , members

I just repurchased a CV peanut in Chestnut.

And, it's going back. The tip of the clip blade sits proud and stick out enough to snag a pocket or finger. Damn shame, because the bone on this one is beautiful, the snap is excellent, and there's zero wobble. Oh well...

Personally, is probably file down the kick to make it sit deeper.

Personally, is probably file down the kick to make it sit deeper.
Agree. File down the kick and it will sit lower. Not to much though or the blade might hit the back spring and roll the edge when it snaps shut.

Sent from my E6782L using Tapatalk

I've done that before. Would'a done it on this one. There's not enough material on this knife for that. Not enough for now, certainly not enough for the future.

d40a5f1f1e937111a4bc735e0397d951.jpg

4cebfd7f3f6f8dc3c8838a743e4653b9.jpg

6a3b91cd1db98e2d5021e32b849dad85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ten month update-
1. The Peanut has not been kicked out of my pocket since the day it arrived.
2. I have never lacked what I need a knife to do since I started using the Peanut.
3. This little Fridour lobster has made a nice companion to the Peanut for the past week or so.

two%20nut_zpscn948mtk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ten month update-
2. I have never lacked what I need a knife to do since I started using the Peanut.
3. This little Fridour lobster has made a nice companion to the Peanut for the past week or so.

[/URL][/IMG]

Glad it's working out so well for you, Ben!

I think that's the way it is for most new peanut users, that it just seems too small for an edc pocket knife. But then, it ends up cutting what you need to cut. Those thin blades get sharp!

That Peanut looks great Ben! I've had my yellow Peanut for 3 years next month. It's nearly always with me - almost always my #2 in the watch pocket.

Ended up with these pics today for elsewhere, thought they fitted here too... kinda a before and after set.

Come this June, the 27th to be exact, and I've had my trusty peanut for 9 years.. and carried probably 7 years total of it!

The pic I took that day;

imgp1514.jpg

And here he is today;

2017-03-28-18-51-19-jpg.jpeg

:)

Used my little yeller nut to slice an apple today. My 4 year old daughter was sitting at the counter watching me. When I got done, I set the peanut on the cutting board and started eating an apple slice. My daughter was munching on some chips and salsa and says, 'Dad, you should put your knife on top of your apples and take a picture of it!'

She knows me too well already.

929770e44d679717e7f5b2107531d4e9.jpg

suffering from Blade Redundancy

Instead of sending a replacement back for my chestnut CV Case the seller simply gave me a refund. I might not simply get another, as I just won an auction for a single blade Robeson Mastercraft (Queen) single blade. I've been wanting a single blade peanut for a while. But the only Cases I can find are stag ones (with thick stag - don't care for it) with bails (I don't like bails) or Schrade ones that are either in bad condition, cost too much, or both.

I'll take pictures when I get it. Apologies if I outbid anyone here.

Peanuts are awesome! I've had mine since January and it has not left my pocket. It does everything I need a knife to do. Any bigger and I go fixed blade.

Peanuts are awesome! I've had mine since January and it has not left my pocket. It does everything I need a knife to do. Any bigger and I go fixed blade.

Yeah, that's the way I go with it. If a peanut is too small, a knife with another inch of blade is not going to be that much better. The peanut is my city knife, and when I go in the woods, I have a sheath knife on my belt.

My peanut gets augmented with the old Buck 102 woodsman. A nice pair of blades.

My peanuts seem to be multiplying. :D

EAC44978-6CA4-4E48-A465-85424587DA49_zpsjxcjixxt.jpg

In my defense, the three yellow 'uns were bought in various states of "used" mostly for me to play around with fixing up. The two CVs had rust and some pitting, and the small blade of the SS one had a tip that had been broken/rounded off and didn't drop below the scales when closed.

I'm curious about the yellow one that has bolsters that look more square or less rounded than the others. Is that something specific to certain years? I tried googling to see if I could find other examples with bolsters like that but with no success.

From left to right/top to bottom, these were manufactured in 2003, 2005 and 2013 if I interpreted the tang stamps correctly. The middle one is the one with the more square bolsters.

FE1C830F-8ECD-427A-9D48-E6CC9DDCFB62_zps7yyttruo.jpg

Easier to see in these photos, maybe.

32CC437A-2F05-4C68-9D46-2C84A8AB5AA7_zpsgznqi3sf.jpg

4C241A19-84D3-49FD-8A9A-56C540CD5D6A_zpsjsjfssqc.jpg

I have a 2015 pocket worn redbone that I have been carrying for about 10 months that too has the more square bolsters. I got another peanut for Christmas(burnt amber bone bass pro version case), but preferred the redbone and couldn't figure out why. When I put them side by side, the redbone was a little fatter, and a little more squared. For some reason, I prefer that difference.

Interesting to see those more squarish bolsters. I wonder if that's a oversight on the part of the QC team? I prefer them rounded as it's more comfortable in the pocket.

Ten month update-

[/URL][/IMG]

Very nice patina!

Hey everyone, I need to spend more time here, some beautiful peanuts shown. I'm acting like Robert the Bruce, when he was biding his time in Ireland.

Darth Vanadium

Back