Cult of the peanut , members

Ended up with these pics today for elsewhere, thought they fitted here too... kinda a before and after set.

Come this June, the 27th to be exact, and I've had my trusty peanut for 9 years.. and carried probably 7 years total of it!

The pic I took that day;

imgp1514.jpg

And here he is today;

2017-03-28-18-51-19-jpg.jpeg

:)

Instead of the Dead Man's hand, how about the Case Peanut Hand?

Nice dogleg Bill. Or would that be considered a eureka? Nice Schrade too.

I got my Robeson Mastercraft single blade peanut the other day. It's alright, but not great. The blade centers when closed, but oddly is a tad off center when open. It's also about as sharp as a soup spoon that you've been whacking on the sidewalk for an hour. I'll post pictures when I've got it properly tuned up.

Nice dogleg Bill. Or would that be considered a eureka? Nice Schrade too.

I got my Robeson Mastercraft single blade peanut the other day. It's alright, but not great. The blade centers when closed, but oddly is a tad off center when open. It's also about as sharp as a soup spoon that you've been whacking on the sidewalk for an hour. I'll post pictures when I've got it properly tuned up.

Thanks Aaron! The maker called it a Dogleg so I'm gonna go with that. I feel ya on that Robeson. I had one a while back and was definitely underwhelmed.

Had a brief moment of panic when I went to reach for my Peanut yesterday... but it wasn't in its traditional spot next to my zippo in the watch pocket of my jeans.

While I did have an Opinel No. 6 and a Victorinox Sportsman, I felt... nekkid.

Was afraid I'd lost it!

Fortunately, it had merely claimed a rest day, was sitting on my recliner when I got home.

Gotta keep a close eye on these little fella's sometimes!

Only peanut I own at the moment

But what a wonderful peanut it is! :thumbup:

The bail and scissors put it in a whole higher level. I wish Case would put the bail on peanuts as a regular thing. The scissors are a very nice touch as well.

Cheers mate, yeah I really like the bail. I originally thought of putting a lanyard on it too, but it doesn't really need it

Used my little yeller nut to slice an apple today. My 4 year old daughter was sitting at the counter watching me. When I got done, I set the peanut on the cutting board and started eating an apple slice. My daughter was munching on some chips and salsa and says, 'Dad, you should put your knife on top of your apples and take a picture of it!'

She knows me too well already.

929770e44d679717e7f5b2107531d4e9.jpg

suffering from Blade Redundancy
Kids say the darnedest things! :D (And it's not gonna get any better: my daughter will be 29 this year, and she still points out stuff that makes me think she knows me better than I know myself. :rolleyes:)

22B9ABDB-7D52-489B-AE0C-0F74264FA020_zps6aqvseag.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Man, JofAllT, your chestnut bone peanut looks incredible! :thumbup:

Shoot, I haven't been to this thread for a while, and ALL the peanuts on the past two pages look top-shelf! :thumbup::cool::thumbup:

- GT

Kids say the darnedest things! :D (And it's not gonna get any better: my daughter will be 29 this year, and she still points out stuff that makes me think she knows me better than I know myself. :rolleyes:)

Man, JofAllT, your chestnut bone peanut looks incredible! :thumbup:

Shoot, I haven't been to this thread for a while, and ALL the peanuts on the past two pages look top-shelf! :thumbup::cool::thumbup:

- GT

Thank you for the kind words! That little Chessie was actually gifted to me by Paul here on the forums roundabout October of last year. Kicked out pretty much every other knife out of my pocket, even my yeller P'nut.

Only seems to gain more character as I go.

One day, it may well have a great many stories written in the greys and blues of these ol' carbon steel blades.

Three years ago today this little fellow entered my life - brand new. It's been my most-carried pocket knife by far - with me about 80-90% of the time regardless of what else I might be carrying. I just can't imagine a sweeter little knife. It performs the vast majority of pocket knife tasks with ease. This yellow delrin is awesome stuff :thumbup:

1F9A5F52-6181-4D28-8A9C-DB3848CF7189_zpsqat2rc8n.jpg

6BD345C9-880F-4B82-A6DF-38B46A656B06_zpsqo8zctxw.jpg

Ranchman, the patina on your yella nut is passing into something great! Post some pics with the blades open, if you so please! :thumbup:

Ask and you shall receive…

I intended to snap some pics this morning, but got busy. I finally took a couple.

08BB1A33-F098-4ED9-8E8F-2C9BB83E5673_zpswxgcsnyd.jpg

4F970444-0AB9-4528-A68C-A5619D002FBA_zpssfkxtm1g.jpg

Yeah, that patina has crossed over into Epic! Just the right amount of minor pitting on the pen blade. and the deep graduation of the patina on the clip blade is telling of a great story. And the slight green bleeding from the brass pins make a great aging statement. That peanut is EPIC!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Yeah, that patina has crossed over into Epic! Just the right amount of minor pitting on the pen blade. and the deep graduation of the patina on the clip blade is telling of a great story. And the slight green bleeding from the brass pins make a great aging statement. That peanut is EPIC!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'm humbled at this declaration and blessing from our retired Grand High Mukbah of the Cult. :D

Despite having a number of much more expensive traditionals this one trumps them for the watch pocket position virtually every time. That's saying alot as I do have a few that I really love - the #66 Stockman and my two #77 Barlows duke it out for the RFP position most often, followed by the #15 Radio Jack (spear / caplifter) and the #55.

The Peanut is sure hard to beat despite it's size. :thumbup:

Thanks!
+1 on the pork chops. I did pork chops last night after some gardening​. Chicken tonight with some veggies. The peanut and i am going to have a long but fun summer grilling and gardening.

Sent from my E6782L using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back