1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Cult of the peanut , members

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jacktrades_nbk, Mar 2, 2012.

1. rishma

rishma

Jun 22, 2008
    I am a total failure at electrical work but today I repaired the house AC!! The AC failed and it has been so hot!! No AC man until Monday so I gave it a try. The problem was electrical and I fixed it! Very happy to have a cool house.

Peanut stripped wires and made it Happen

[​IMG]

2. Kbrasmodeler

Kbrasmodeler

Mar 18, 2008
    Peanut to the rescue. Karl will be proud of you!

jacktrades_nbk and TrapperMike like this.
  3. TrapperMike

TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    I know the feeling of a hot house we had a really hot day back in July and it fried our a/c. Luckily it was a capacitor and I fixed the next day. Of course the peanut helped. Glad you got it fixed. That peanut of yours is looking good.

aji1 and jacktrades_nbk like this.
  4. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    You're a better man than I, Gunga Din. :thumbsup:

When it comes to anything electric, I have to pay very close attention when changing flashlight batteries. o_O

5. aji1

aji1 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    I recently picked up this A.G. Russell Pinched Peanut in mammoth ivory (the same model that @Peregrin has posted about previously); it hasn't left my pocket since I got it! All stainless liners, (integral) bolsters, and pins with VG10 blades. I love the Wharncliffe secondary. Good fit and finish. The ivory has a really beautiful subtle grain to it, which (as usual, given my lack of photography skills) I couldn't capture well. An all-around nice, useful knife.

peanut.jpg

6. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I really like those Russell Peanuts.

waverave and aji1 like this.
  7. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    I'm glad you like it. I know I like mine. The little Wharncliffe blade really comes in handy. AG hit it out of the park with the Pinched Peanut.

waverave and aji1 like this.
  8. jacktrades_nbk

jacktrades_nbk

Feb 7, 2007
    Peanut in action

[​IMG]

9. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    A cult you say? Hmmm...
    Peanuts_01.jpg

Boxer .45, JaxBaron, jmh33 and 17 others like this.
  10. TrapperMike

TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    Know I am hungry.
    Holy peanuts! :)

11. aji1

aji1 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    I agree wholeheartedly; A.G. really did a great job with these! And that Wharncliffe is definitely awesome.

waverave and Peregrin like this.
  12. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Always my favorite

[​IMG]

Boxer .45, JaxBaron, jmh33 and 11 others like this.
  13. PaulS.

PaulS.

Jul 16, 2018
    Whew, I finally made it through all 201 pages! I'm fairly new to the forum, though I lurked for a while before joining. Somewhere around page 50, I decided to become a member of the cult and ordered a Case yellow CV and a Bear and Son stainless single blade in rosewood. Both arrived before I finished getting through the thread. These are my first peanuts.

I've really enjoyed the stories and sometimes humor of the thread (especially the incursions from the cult of the Texas Jack). I also learned a great deal from the knowledgeable folks here. Here are the knives:

Peanuts.jpg

The Bear and Son seems to have better fit and finish. Both knives have flush backsprings when closed, but when open, the Bear and Son has a just slightly proud backspring (enough to catch your fingernail), while the clip blade backspring on the Case is low enough to be noticeable. The backspring on the pen blade is flush. The Bear and Son blade is centered, while neither blade on the Case is, as both are off center to the left.

Peanuts2.jpg

The scales on the Bear and Son are thicker in the middle, so it's almost as wide as the Case. Both are made in the USA, but I paid about $12 less for the Bear and Son.

14. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2017
    Welcome @PaulS.! That's quite a feat to take on this entire thread! I have a couple of peanuts, including the little yeller fella. Nice little knife. I've not seen many (any?) of the Case peanuts with centered blades in person, I know neither of mine do, but none touch the edge so they're fine with me on those knives.

jacktrades_nbk likes this.
  15. PaulS.

PaulS.

Jul 16, 2018
    Thanks! It took me about a week of spare time to get through it. Yeah, it's fine for everyday use. If I was looking for a collectors knife, I would have to see it in person though.

16. CasePeanut

CasePeanut Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2018
    How do you like that Bear and Sons @PaulS. ? The blade looks pretty thick for a Peanut. Is it still a slicer?

17. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    @PaulS. welcome :) I like that Bear & Son looks like a nice little peanut. I am a fan of the single blade variety.
    I have yet to see a Case peanut with perfectly straight blades I wouldn't worry about that unless it is rubbing.

Prester John and jacktrades_nbk like this.
  18. jacktrades_nbk

jacktrades_nbk

Feb 7, 2007
    The Sawcut Chestnut Bone Carbon Damascus is very straight, as I asked for extra check up, but my regular edc since 2011, the chestnut peanut in CV, has the clip blade almost touching the liner, thing that I don't really mind.
    I love traditional knives for their very thin and very slicey shapes and the thought that went into them.
    I have some with blades with double the thickness from others, (sheepsfoot) which are practically the same in shape, but the thinner ones cut much better.

TrapperMike likes this.
  19. TrapperMike

TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    Welcome @PaulS. Great looking pair of knives there. You will have to keep us up to date on the bear and son and letus know how it performs.

20. PaulS.

PaulS.

Jul 16, 2018
    I like it so far, but I really haven't had a chance to use it. The blade is quite a bit thicker than the Case blades. I compared it to my only other Case knife, a Slimline Trapper, and the blade was about the same thickness if that helps. I started the 30 day challenge today and am carrying the Case Peanut as my only knife. It feels a bit strange the first time leaving my SAK and larger knives at home.

Peanut3.jpg