Cult of the peanut , members

The perfect little knife to cut the rattle off the next snake you pop with that Bond Arms! Great pic. :)
4iOUBSg.jpg

Carl the only 410 that’s worth anything is the Federal 410 000 buck, I’ve used some shot shells on pest, but prefer my NAA with .22mag shot better for that task. I can’t find my actual chronograph results but from memory the the 000Buck 4 pellets are 68 grains clocking at around 660fps for an individually 65.5 fpe combined the 4 pellets are 272 grains for 263 fpe that’s from a 3” Bond barrel. So basically 4- 36 caliber sized projectiles with the individual energy of a .25acp. making hits simultaneously in a string past about 15’, up close it’s a smaller tighter group more fist sized. Recoil I don’t notice a difference between a 255 grain colt, .230acp or the Federal 410 000Buck, 357mag from a J-frame is more dramatic. I’d not want to be on the receiving end, I carry the 410 in spring working in my garden and when I’m picking wild blueberries in July, usually with one 410 000buck and then a 255 grain colt. From the 3”410 I get 780fps 344fpe with a 255 grain colt, for some perspective my 3.5” Colt Only Bond barrel I get 860fps from the same bullet 418 fpe.
The 410 is very useful and easy to make hits, but I do prefer carrying it .45 colt or .45 acp, 38’s are extremely accurate and a pleasure to shoot, I get better 357 and 38 special ballistics out of my 3.5” Bond than my Ruger 3” sp101 due to the closed combustion and lack of cylinder gap.
They now make a rougher version that’s pretty responsibly priced. I’ve put many thousands of rounds through it I’d guess 6000-7000 rounds through it without a failure.

3enHlJF.jpg
What is the model name of that copperhead you have more or less in the center of that image?

I hadn't looked into the copperlock knives much before i don't usually use locking knives much, this one looks pretty nice though, i might look into getting myself one sometime in the future now. Thanks for the reply.

https://i.imgur.com/KUv0oFQ.jpg

I hadn't looked into the copperlock knives much before i don't usually use locking knives much, this one looks pretty nice though, i might look into getting myself one sometime in the future now. Thanks for the reply.

same with me as far as lockbacks, I never cared for the Copperlock pattern either much nicer in person than in online photos. I came across the stag mini Copperlock price was right and bought it. I liked it so much I never swapped it out for 2 years, it’s thin super pocket friendly and decent blade size. I liked it so much I decided to add a full sized Copperlock also a great knife I have been very pleased with both I have my eye on a natural bone CV Copperlock recently released.

q1lDCkH.jpg
Well Carl I have to eat some crow, whilst I prefers the Bonds dedicated fully rifled barrels better (.45colt only, .45acp, 357mag) than the 45/410 I’ve been carrying the 410 with 000 buck lately on my land as there is a fox with mange that I’m keeping an out for, especially when I’m outside at the 3-4am times with my pup.

y48bVxK.jpg

Carl the only 410 that’s worth anything is the Federal 410 000 buck, I’ve used some shot shells on pest, but prefer my NAA with .22mag shot better for that task. I can’t find my actual chronograph results but from memory the the 000Buck 4 pellets are 68 grains clocking at around 660fps for an individually 65.5 fpe combined the 4 pellets are 272 grains for 263 fpe that’s from a 3” Bond barrel. So basically 4- 36 caliber sized projectiles with the individual energy of a .25acp. making hits simultaneously in a string past about 15’, up close it’s a smaller tighter group more fist sized. Recoil I don’t notice a difference between a 255 grain colt, .230acp or the Federal 410 000Buck, 357mag from a J-frame is more dramatic. I’d not want to be on the receiving end, I carry the 410 in spring working in my garden and when I’m picking wild blueberries in July, usually with one 410 000buck and then a 255 grain colt. From the 3”410 I get 780fps 344fpe with a 255 grain colt, for some perspective my 3.5” Colt Only Bond barrel I get 860fps from the same bullet 418 fpe.
The 410 is very useful and easy to make hits, but I do prefer carrying it .45 colt or .45 acp, 38’s are extremely accurate and a pleasure to shoot, I get better 357 and 38 special ballistics out of my 3.5” Bond than my Ruger 3” sp101 due to the closed combustion and lack of cylinder gap.
They now make a rougher version that’s pretty responsibly priced. I’ve put many thousands of rounds through it I’d guess 6000-7000 rounds through it without a failure.

3enHlJF.jpg
Great picture! That gun looks indestructible!

Good afternoon everyone! I seldom post, but I love to look at the pictures and read the posts daily. I just purchased my first case peanut, yellow handle CV. I’m typically a 6318 Stockman user but I would like to join the cult of the peanut if possible. Does my recent purchase make that allowable?

Back