DEK1

Looks like all these examples are on swedges, I’m trying to imagine how you get the penatrator tip without having a swedge to sharpen...

Received my AEBL with penetrator tip, acid wash, and buffed green/black linen micarta. Thanks again for the proxy @Panthera tigris :thumbsup::)
I will be going with a swedge and hopefully a sharpened tip on the preorder.
vwfv1xO.jpg

cKUoYQZ.jpg

f8ip0Ey.jpg

zFWhnQy.jpg

Sxfq6av.jpg

Man I don't know why I talked myself out of the acid wash on mine that looks great Gus!

Luckily I get to make up for my sin on the pre-order. Now to decide on a swedge or not. It got into a fish belly with no trouble yesterday so I can see why it wouldn't be needed. Just thinking out loud don't mind me lol

Received my AEBL with penetrator tip, acid wash, and buffed green/black linen micarta. Thanks again for the proxy @Panthera tigris :thumbsup::)
I will be going with a swedge and hopefully a sharpened tip on the preorder.
vwfv1xO.jpg

cKUoYQZ.jpg

f8ip0Ey.jpg

zFWhnQy.jpg

Sxfq6av.jpg

Thank you! That’s exactly what I was hoping to see!

So does this mean IF I scored an AEBL on Friday’s sale then I can request a penetrator tip and acid wash should I choose? If so I’m ordering the exact same set up, as green/black was already my choice but adding the tip and wash would be great and my preorders can go to D3V and swedges.

Last edited:
I would guess the DEK1 with a Swedge will look very similar to the FK2:cool:

URxHAuu.jpg

The swedge looks pretty slick and I ordered mine with one. Even though Nathan says there’s no detriment to the knife, it seems logical that less steel and surface area on the spine would make batonning wood less effective. The swedge would probably wear down the baton.

Even though Lorian already straight up said:
don't use your DEK for batoning

Back