DEK1

Double Black Canvas and Double Red Canvas:p

F9GT9HV.jpg

Last edited:
This is a fabulous knife and I absolutely love it. As a city dweller, much as I admire and appreciate the larger knives, the smaller ones in the sub 4” range simply see more use. This one handles like a smaller one and has a wonderfully thin grind, but still has some extra length in the blade (4.5”) should you need it. I even got out my calipers and tape measure to ascertain that this was the regular .160” and not some special slimmed-down “skinny” version. Someone recently posted that they would like CPK to make a slightly longer version of the EDC and Nathan directed them to this model. Spot on! It is, indeed, as Nathan says, a “compact” knife - despite having nearly the dimensions of the FK2. It’s really quite remarkable how different these two knives are. Everyone should own a DEK1. (Well, and an FK2, of course).
I forgot to mention that it’s also a beautiful knife. The blade shape, the pattern on the scales, the jimping and on and on and...

And in case anyone missed it: this knife was gifted to me by two absolutely amazing and super generous members of this forum. I really can’t thank you brothers enough!!

FC6BDC4D-4B69-42EC-9393-3FAD1D13D508.jpeg

Last edited:
This is a fabulous knife and I absolutely love it.

[Removed text for brevity]

View attachment 1413303

I'm super happy about your impressions. They are exactly what I hoped to like about this model.

I agree with you, my most used fixed blade knives are in the 4in range. I've got enough big blades that I can effectively stop buying them, or institute a one in/one out system.

Which is why I ordered 2. I'm hoping this one kicks my other options out of the rotation (there's something I dont like about all of my current options).

I know there have been comparison shots between the DEK1 and FK2. Not sure if there have been any with the EDC2. So, while blade length is nestled closer to the FK2, blade thickness is a tad closer to the EDC2. The DEK1 definitely feels like a very nimble, fast knife.
AB263A84-C23F-43CA-82F9-8CF03077A8A4.jpeg
01270090-EAC6-408C-9EE6-A4BB894AC102.jpeg

Last edited:
The tip on the edc looks stouter and has more meat than the Dek.
Is that right or are my eyes playing tricks?
That is correct and I was just about to write a post addressing that very point.
I wouldn’t want my comments to be construed to suggest that the DEK1 is simply a larger EDC. It’s not and Nathan, Lorien and the name of the blade itself have made that pretty clear.
In terms of its size, weight and handling, it appears (I’ve only had it briefly!) to perfectly address normal utility-type CUTTING scenarios where some extra blade length over the EDC might be warranted.
However, if I was anticipating significant use of the tip or lateral forces for the job, I would opt for either the EDC or FK2.

Last edited:
Back