1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

DEK1

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by Lorien, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005

2. Nathan the Machinist

Nathan the Machinist KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 13, 2007
    Yeah, the scales are not just a covering for the tang of the knife, they are the interface for the knife to your hand and are every bit as important as the blade.

mendezj, Mike157, vkp78 and 15 others like this.
  3. Worldwatcher

Worldwatcher Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Well said and the execution on the dek is on point for my hand at least(xl gloves). It feels very nimble and balanced, more so then the the 3-3.5” fixies I have.

duramax, Mike157, Oyster and 4 others like this.
  4. bluemax_1

bluemax_1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2014
    That's one of the aspects of CPKs that we appreciate. Some manufacturers have handles that are all over the place, eg. some are OK while other knives from the same manufacturer feel like a block of wood.

5. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    [​IMG]

Organic556, duramax, mendezj and 15 others like this.
  6. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    This - the DEK1 - is one of the most perfect knives in hand !!!

YMMV but I love it for my hand. :thumbsup:

7. mendezj

mendezj Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 24, 1998
    When I was fourteen or so an aunt gave me a German made “Original Bowie Knife”. It had a six or seven inch blade, stag handle, it was heavy, it had a great green leather sheath, the knife looked to me like a million bucks of way back then. I LOVED that knife. One good day it occurred to me to throw it against a tree from a distance and after a couple of shots the tip broke. I think I cried a little. I’ve never done it again. I know any CPK can take it, but you’re a better man than me and I won’t try. :(:thumbsup:

jus_gus, duramax, Mike157 and 5 others like this.
  8. JBC_Hunter

JBC_Hunter

Jan 9, 2015
    Is it just me but reading this thread has me pumped to get my preordered DEK. Can’t wait until they start going out. I’ll be like a kid on Christmas.

jus_gus, duramax, mendezj and 10 others like this.
  9. Dantone05

Dantone05

Dec 31, 2014
    [​IMG]

DEK gaining some altitude. Design and execution are on point Lorien and Nathan :thumbsup:

10. co556guy

co556guy

Dec 13, 2011
    Beautiful shot!

jus_gus, duramax, mendezj and 8 others like this.
  11. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
  12. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2016
  13. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    yeah, little gutter to deal with the water coming off the tent. Drainage is always something you need to manage starting around this time of year.
    I'll be moving all the crap and used bikes, over the next few days, from my old building and have nowhere else to put them so into our yard they'll go. I'ma try and keep everything dry as possible in case I need to turn it into money. Which I'm sure I will.
    New life, T minus 5 days...

14. Big DJ

Big DJ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Good luck

15. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    I might have to build an ark next

jus_gus, Odog27, bluemax_1 and 5 others like this.
  16. mendezj

Nov 24, 1998
    Easy to build a dugout ark with a DEK1. o_O

jus_gus, Odog27, woodysone and 2 others like this.
  17. bluemax_1

bluemax_1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2014
    But a CPK axe would make it easier :D

18. - SpyderMan -

- SpyderMan - Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2015
    THIS.

19. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    I've been invited to design a titanium axe! That'sa gonna be a fun project :)

20. mendezj

Nov 24, 1998
    Well, meanwhile I’d settle for a CPK Skinner in order to prepare the meals for those building the ark. :cool: