Designated Political Arena constructive criticism & suggestions for improvements thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did defend me from the personal attacks on many occasions. I fully acknowledge that. There were other issues I won’t go in to. I said my piece. Others have too. I wasn’t going to respond again, but did want to acknowledge that you did actually defend me there, in spite of our differences. As an aside, regarding citations, do you not remember the numerous links to scientific journals I posted? Neither here nor there, but just sayin’.
:)
20200701_103702.jpg

I’m not fucking with you. QM supported his attitudes policing blacks with links from those sites.

if my statements are so out of line, why did I get 25+ likes for my posts? How many people are saying the same thing as me? If it was just one or two people feeling this way, you could dismiss us.

I owned my sassing the mods.

I’m bowing out of this discussiom

You should never have been part of the discussion considering you were supposed to stay out of PA as terms for your being back on this site.

Second I did a search for links to those sites and neither came up. I welcome links to the post in question. Thus far you've failed to provide

I'm not interested in your trying to equivocate PA mods with Fascists. I'm not interested in the number of likes you have thanks to your inflammatory & quite frankly untrue remarks. Yet here you are making accusations about Dailystormer this and Stormfront that & lying about why you were banned. Thus far you are the only one making these outlandish accusations, so no don't equivocate likes spread across multiple posts with you being correct.

As for "owning" your behavior, you certainly haven't learned from it & are invested in stirring up trouble over sour grapes on your part.
-------------------
Thus far the only productive suggestions have been "remove PA from New Posts" which is now done, and

add another mod or two to 'counter bias' or something. I'm open to that as well, but my criteria for suitability isn't the same as yours, and quite frankly there's always going to be friction as BladeForums.com is staunchly pro-2nd Amendment.

It would be nice if there was a rule to not denigrate posters implicitly as well as explicitly. It would make it more interesting and less W&C. So many posts include snide attacks, it's really juvenile. After several years I got drawn down to that level several times, but it's not my preference.

Thanks for making the change to the New Posts area!

That's honestly all that I'd want to see done. I'm OK with PA being a part of Blade Forums. It's no surprise that a knife forum is fairly right of center and Pro-2A. I'm all for PA being a place to hash out politics just as W&C is a place to vent the ecosystem of the forum.

I don't choose to join in to PA; I decided a long time ago to keep my politics and religion to myself on the internet and social media. If other folks choose to join PA and are careful to not bring harm to BF, all the power to them.

It would be nice if there was a rule to not denigrate posters implicitly as well as explicitly. It would make it more interesting and less W&C. So many posts include snide attacks, it's really juvenile. After several years I got drawn down to that level several times, but it's not my preference.
This should have been the standard and will 100% be put down in writing, as shit like Trumptard / libtard or MAGAt or CHUD or blanket labeling groups as commies / fascists & the like offer absolutely zero to the conversation.

You did defend me from the personal attacks on many occasions. I fully acknowledge that. There were other issues I won’t go in to. I said my piece. Others have too. I wasn’t going to respond again, but did want to acknowledge that you did actually defend me there, in spite of our differences. As an aside, regarding citations, do you not remember the numerous links to scientific journals I posted? Neither here nor there, but just sayin’.
Thank you for that. I say this to you sincerely as I have to several others. i would love to have you in the PA and to discuss these things with you if it were possible without rancour. Not to revisit the past, it simply wasn't possible and people of a higher pay grade than me made the decision. Moderating a forum full of stubborn people is difficult, especially since there are passions and grudges on all sides and it is absolutely imperitive that people abide by the rules and the Mods' directions. We know there are carnivores in the PA and a preponderence of "right wing" opinions. But you have to work with the Mods which is difficult if you demonize them. About the citations, if you have a chance go back to the threads ( I don't know if it's allowed per the arrangement), especially global warming, you may be surprised when you do and if you reconsider some of what was said and cited. Everything i said there was said in good faith after reading the literature, whether or not we agree on the conclusions. I say this in response to your direct question about the journals you posted.

Anyway, I don't want to belabour this but I did want to thank you for that. Almost everyone here is a decent guy. Almost. That's why some of the claims are surprising and hurtful.

Last edited:
Sadly, my experiences mirror yours. I've voted Republican/Libertarian locally for for almost 20 years and was labeled a leftist in there the moment I opened my mouth because I didn't buy into the conspiracy theories without proof and believe in science.

This has been my experience also. As a lifelong Republican who split the ticket and did not vote for Trump, I was also labeled a leftist among other rude names.
The concensus being if you weren't a Trump sycophant then you were a traitor.
The verbal piling on/name calling by the 6 or 8 far right regulars in PA got an occasional wrist slap by mods but the mod bias to the right is immediately evident if you spend any time in PA. They certainly have a right to their opinion, just not sure if it's ok when that bias discourages you from being open with your opinion.
You can also choose not to go there.

as BladeForums.com is staunchly pro-2nd Amendment.

I guess if we define BladeForums.com as being you, then that is no doubt true, but I think it's more than that. The entire community is BladeForums.com and from that perspective, it isn't necessarily 'staunchly pro-2nd Amendment'. I mean, I'm here and I'm definitely not pro-2nd Amendment.

As a heavy poster in PA I personally have no issue with the “remove from new threads” suggestion. Not that I make the call, but that could hopefully be a resolution that keeps most people happy.

...now if that is put in place and 3-6 months from now the same folks are back here talking about removing the sub forum, we will know what the agenda is.

Maybe this will be a way to bury the hatchet and cease the constant complaining.

I guess if we define BladeForums.com as being you, then that is no doubt true, but I think it's more than that. The entire community is BladeForums.com and from that perspective, it isn't necessarily 'staunchly pro-2nd Amendment'. I mean, I'm here and I'm definitely not pro-2nd Amendment.
Charming but I'm not surprised that you miss the point: BladeForums.com as an entity is staunchly pro-2nd Amendment. I don't care if every member is or not. Being pro gun & into knives is going to have a lot more overlap than supporting restrictions against both. KnifeRights, who we support, is fighting against the laws that have locked up tens of thousands of people for possessing ordinary pocket knives in NY alone, and we have a vested interest in not letting the US descend into UK style knife restrictions where you need an ID to buy spoons.

So while you are welcome to your opinion, lmao it's a bad one.

I generally scroll post them in New Posts...but there have been so many of late that I have started putting the thread starters on ignore to clear them. Not ideal, since some of those members do participate in other areas; but if that's what it takes not to have them there, so be it.
If the political threads stopped appearing in New Posts, I'd have to go through my ignore list and figure out who to restore. Should be easy enough, there were only a couple of people (and a bunch of spam generators) on ignore, anyway.

I've never put anyone on ignore on any forum. I like the PA, but also don't think the posts should show up in New Posts. It gets pretty heated in the PA sometimes. I would rather just see the knife related posts in New Posts. If I want to see new posts in the PA then I can go to it and look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back