Designated Political Arena constructive criticism & suggestions for improvements thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thus far the only productive suggestions have been "remove PA from New Posts" which is now done

Adding my thanks as well.

Charming but I'm not surprised that you miss the point: BladeForums.com as an entity is staunchly pro-2nd Amendment. I don't care if every member is or not. Being pro gun & into knives is going to have a lot more overlap than supporting restrictions against both. KnifeRights, who we support, is fighting against the laws that have locked up tens of thousands of people for possessing ordinary pocket knives in NY alone, and we have a vested interest in not letting the US descend into UK style knife restrictions where you need an ID to buy spoons.

So while you are welcome to your opinion, lmao it's a bad one.

It's possible to be in favor of sane laws regarding knives and still not agree with the current extreme interpretation of the 2nd amendment that many 'pro-2nd amendment' people espouse.

As for me missing the point, I don't think I did. We just have different views on what 'BladeForums.com as an entity' is.

It's possible to be in favor of sane laws regarding knives and still not agree with the current extreme interpretation of the 2nd amendment that many 'pro-2nd amendment' people espouse.

As for me missing the point, I don't think I did. We just have different views on what 'BladeForums.com as an entity' is.
I don’t think this is the right place to make your “I’m anti-gun, but pro knife” political speeches. We have a political forum for that. ;)

Your idea doesn't count as this isn't a democracy, aren't in any position of authority here, and aren't responsible for anything other than your postings.

Nor is this a thread for what is or isn't "extreme" and that should be taken to PA.

I don't want to see BF impaired or taken down due to the overheated politic division in your country. I read regularly and participate sometimes in the PA, however as I am from Germany, it's more to see how deep the waters are there.
Now as the discussion and scrutiny over your 1st amendment is heightened, I would actually take the step and remove the PA from being seen, same as W&C. It is biased towards conservative views, and the moderators are so as well.
This does not come as a surprise, but even without first language skills, you can see much hatred there.

This Forum is a wonderful place for people that love knives and I truly appreciate it.

I also wholeheartedly agree that the PA keeps the other threads clean of politics and is a needed outlet. So don't get rid of it, just make it less conspicuous.

I believe that using the word 'hatred' is getting a little carried away. Yes, it gets heated in there occasionally, but I don't really think that anyone wishes ill-will or harm to one another.

Thus far the only productive suggestions have been "remove PA from New Posts" which is now done, and

add another mod or two to 'counter bias' or something. I'm open to that as well, but my criteria for suitability isn't the same as yours, and quite frankly there's always going to be friction as BladeForums.com is staunchly pro-2nd Amendment.

This should have been the standard and will 100% be put down in writing, as shit like Trumptard / libtard or MAGAt or CHUD or blanket labeling groups as commies / fascists & the like offer absolutely zero to the conversation.

Just wanted to quote these bits to help people realize that you're putting work into hearing people and trying to improve the situation. These are all really good decisions to make and should improve both the PA and the forum as a whole, regardless of one's politics.

I've been blanket labeled so many times in the PA that I'm surprised I wasn't smothered, having more enforcement and more rules to keep that shit to a minimum would be a vast improvement to the quality of discussions there.

I believe that using the word 'hatred' is getting a little carried away. Yes, it gets heated in there occasionally, but I don't really think that anyone wishes ill-will or harm to one another.
“This information will unfortunately never make it to the masses. People hanging from trees are the only answer now. WE ARE THERE. Like Mclnerney said, we have no time. Playing reindeer games isn't going to accomplish sh!t. There are groups meeting all across America right now, in basements, in churches and parks.”

Really? I’m glad to see posts like this won’t continue, but this stuff seemed perfectly acceptable not too long ago.

You should never have been part of the discussion considering you were supposed to stay out of PA as terms for your being back on this site.

Second I did a search for links to those sites and neither came up. I welcome links to the post in question. Thus far you've failed to provide

I'm not interested in your trying to equivocate PA mods with Fascists. I'm not interested in the number of likes you have thanks to your inflammatory & quite frankly untrue remarks. Yet here you are making accusations about Dailystormer this and Stormfront that & lying about why you were banned. Thus far you are the only one making these outlandish accusations, so no don't equivocate likes spread across multiple posts with you being correct.

As for "owning" your behavior, you certainly haven't learned from it & are invested in stirring up trouble over sour grapes on your part.
-------------------
Thus far the only productive suggestions have been "remove PA from New Posts" which is now done, and

add another mod or two to 'counter bias' or something. I'm open to that as well, but my criteria for suitability isn't the same as yours, and quite frankly there's always going to be friction as BladeForums.com is staunchly pro-2nd Amendment.

So, I went back and looked through a few police brutality threads where these posts were made by QM. A bunch of YouTube videos that QM used as sources are no longer valid links, my guess being pulled down for the content. Can’t be sure on that.

You are the boss here. Respectfully, being called a liar doesn’t sit well. There is a very simple explanation for the white supremicist shit not being there anymore. YouTube pulled it, or it was edited out. I went through three or four threads, 10+ pages long. Not worth anymore effort when the content is blocked, so no way to post it here to show what it was. The links were justifying why blacks should be policed more harshly, and used stats from white supremicist sites saying blacks are as a race prone to violence.

I’m not actually anti second amendment. I just think the first phrase is as important as the rest of it, and plenty of scholars see the current interpretation (heller) as being misinterpretation. I have repeatedly stated I do not support any type of blanket bans or confiscation. Whatever. Not my fight to have. Just don’t misrepresent what I said, with all due respect.

Is it okay if I speak up about all the posts in PA that advocated for ALL conservatives, even women and children, to be drawn and quartered, or burned at the stake?

Just because those posts have been deleted and the links to those YouTube videos blocked - that doesn't mean I shouldn't speak out about it - right? I'm glad, because it makes it very convenient for ME if I don't have to be able to prove it, or if the mods did their job and removed it all.

Do you mind if I ask, just out of curiosity: who or what is QM? thanks.

I strongly agree that if someone is taking the position that blacks - or whites, or Native Americans, or people of Asian descent, or LGBTQ or anybody should be treated differently by police (or anyone, really, right?) then that is a problem! I think the ultimate goal should be that we all see each other as HUMAN BEINGS, first and foremost. The color of one's skin should be as irrelevant as the color of one's eyes, or their blood type (except in medical emergencies, of course).

There is a very simple explanation for the white supremicist shit not being there anymore. YouTube pulled it, or it was edited out. I went through three or four threads, 10+ pages long. Not worth anymore effort when the content is blocked, so no way to post it here to show what it was. The links were justifying why blacks should be policed more harshly, and used stats from white supremicist sites saying blacks are as a race prone to violence.

Last edited:
“This information will unfortunately never make it to the masses. People hanging from trees are the only answer now. WE ARE THERE. Like Mclnerney said, we have no time. Playing reindeer games isn't going to accomplish sh!t. There are groups meeting all across America right now, in basements, in churches and parks.”

Really? I’m glad to see posts like this won’t continue, but this stuff seemed perfectly acceptable not too long ago.

I was talking about people here on the forum. You are going to find people in the world that agree or disagree with everything or anything.

I'm a liberal that lives in California. People post in the PA saying they want to kill people like me. Maybe they aren't driven by hate but whatever it is, it's close enough to hate to not matter.

Is it okay if I speak up about all the posts in PA that advocated for ALL conservatives, even women and children, to be drawn and quartered, or burned at the stake?

Just because those posts have been deleted and the links to those YouTube videos blocked - that doesn't mean I shouldn't speak out about it - right? I'm glad, because it makes it very convenient for ME if I don't have to be able to prove it, or if the mods did their job and removed it all.

Do you mind if I ask, just out of curiosity: who or what is QM? thanks.

It doesn’t appear that the mods removed the videos. The link is there, but it doesn’t link to anything anymore.

Edit: there are many reasons for videos being pulled from youtube. Music copywrite violations, the original poster pulled them, or YouTube pulled them for hate speech. I’m speculating that videos justifying racial profiling and the inferiority of blacks might have been pulled for that reason though. End edit.

Anyway, I would hope that calls for violence against anyone would be dealt with appropriately.

The people who know what I’m talking about know what QM is. Doesn’t need to be public.

Last edited:
I'm a liberal that lives in California. People post in the PA saying they want to kill people like me. Maybe they aren't driven by hate but whatever it is, it's close enough to hate to not matter.
I think that if you were to enter PA and conduct yourself responsibly and cordially, you would be welcomed. I think we need more left leaning voices there but these campfire stories get a little exaggerated the more they’re told regarding the PA and treatment of new progressives.

As for threatening your life, I haven’t seen anyone threatened with death let alone anyone from CA. You should definitely report that.

Then it's good that won't be allowed anymore.

You are wrong. "Hatred " is light for what I was called and accused of in PA. Your denial now doesn't change that.
A wise man once told me “bring light, not heat”. Bring light and you’ll get light. Bring heat and people seem to bring heat back.

I was talking about people here on the forum. You are going to find people in the world that agree or disagree with everything or anything.
On the forum or not, hate is hate and calling for the lynching of people because you don’t agree with their views is disgusting. Right, left, or in the middle, this is the United States of America and we’re supposed to be better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back