Desperados Waiting for a Train

We played some trivia earlier, what if answers had a value? Let's play.

Let's make this first one a 5 dollar question....

What am I making here?
20190502_211403-01.jpeg

Ok, common sense rules and disclaimer.
1. Quote the question post in your answer post.
2. First to get the answer right, gets the amount knocked off their knife at time of payment.
3. No timestamp ties, whatever shows up first in the thread wins.
4. Guess as much as you want.
5. Each question will have it's own value, some may only be a buck.
6. No winning two in a row.
7. This only applies to this thread, these knives, and the Dibs that already know who they are.
8. Whining will get you disqualified
9. If you don't have Dibs in this thread and want to guess, you must donate your win to knife 1-7 (#8 is mine, I already get a discount:D)
10. Have fun and don't be a dick or a rabid Sean Connery will haunt your dreams.
tumblr_njx9x8ydHe1qieqe7o7_500.gif

I’m laying in my tent by a lake not far from where Ted’s mom lives out in eastern Colorado, and trying to get to sleep, but had to comment on that reply. Funny. :D Smartass. :p ;) :)

We played some trivia earlier, what if answers had a value? Let's play.

Let's make this first one a 5 dollar question....

What am I making here?
View attachment 1121568

Ok, common sense rules and disclaimer.
1. Quote the question post in your answer post.
2. First to get the answer right, gets the amount knocked off their knife at time of payment.
3. No timestamp ties, whatever shows up first in the thread wins.
4. Guess as much as you want.
5. Each question will have it's own value, some may only be a buck.
6. No winning two in a row.
7. This only applies to this thread, these knives, and the Dibs that already know who they are.
8. Whining will get you disqualified
9. If you don't have Dibs in this thread and want to guess, you must donate your win to knife 1-7 (#8 is mine, I already get a discount:D)
10. Have fun and don't be a dick or a rabid Sean Connery will haunt your dreams.
tumblr_njx9x8ydHe1qieqe7o7_500.gif

You’re making a handle template for sanding the stacked leather handles.

Edit: Second guess - You’re making a template for scribing the guards before you shape them.

Goodnight ladies and germs. :p

Last edited:
I’m laying in my tent by a lake not far from where Ted’s mom lives out in eastern Colorado, and trying to get to sleep, but had to comment on that reply. Funny. :D Smartass. :p ;) :)

You’re making a handle template for sanding the stacked leather handles.

Edit: Second guess - You’re making a template for scribing the guards before you shape them.

Goodnight ladies and germs. :p
Spyderphreak, you should become a knife maker.:D

Right? I thought I would have to at least give a hint or two on that one but he nailed it!
To be perfectly honest with you John, I've never done that, maybe I'm going to have to start.

Nailed it!

I always struggle with symmetry, it helps with that and consistency a ton.
View attachment 1121719 View attachment 1121718

Lol, awesome! :D I have my share of shop work and model building under my belt, and we use templates for things at times when we're hand-fitting things. After posing my initial reply, I was laying there trying to fall asleep, when it hit me what you were more likely using that for the metal guards than shaping the handles. :) Add my $5 to knife #8! ;)

Spyderphreak, you should become a knife maker.:D

Haha! I don't know if I'm talented enough for that. One of these days I might finish up a Ti finger-knife project I started about 12 years ago and never finished because it looked terrible... :(

Right? I thought I would have to at least give a hint or two on that one but he nailed it!

Thanks, in part, to refreshing myself for a couple days out in nature... :thumbsup: This was what I woke to the following morning...

Looking out the door:

IMG_4083.jpg

The lake:

IMG_4087.jpg

Sunrise:

IMG_4088.jpg

Later that day: :D

IMG_4089.jpg

Back