Did your Traditional knife get a workout today? -Part II

Robb, I fail miserably in the effort to recycle. We moved almost a year ago and the garage was in desperate need of attention. The boxes Im ashamed to say were cut up to fit into trash bags. :eek:

Laura carries a Farmer. She rarely ever uses it, but it's with her as she carries my daughter's medical bag. She uses the Classic on her key ring though. ;)

Aah, moving boxes. I thought maybe you'd been on a spending spree--cases of knives from Cabelas and such. ;). Your custom Buck looks proud from its perch atop the vanquished cardboard ruins. Those blue handles are really something. :thumbup:

The farmer's a great knife, and it's hard to beat the utility per ounce of a Victorinox Classic. Good choices.

Bringing this one back up from before the holiday.

Making up some chicken salad for lunch. Tom Krein's Micro Chef is helping out. The bulk of the chopping was done with a 440C Santoku that Vince (VCM3) gifted me in a GAW some years ago. Vince assembled and finished the knife. The rosewood for the handles he got from Tony Bose. Pretty cool!

The Micro Chef makes a great utility knife and the Santoku is a super kitchen knife.

tyW53m2.jpg

I love, let me restate that, LOVE seeing pics of Traditional Folders. They are gorgeous and timeless and its completely understandable why someone would want to collect every.single.one that they come across and take pics of them every chance they can. What I want to see are those same knives in use. We have threads about which one is in your pocket at the moment, pics of each different kind in various settings and a GREAT thread of them in the wild, but I want to see what you do with them day in and day out. There is a similar thread for Custom fixed blades and I would love to see one for these Traditional gems. I see pics from time to time of well worn, wonderfully maintained knives with a gorgeous patina that only time and use could give it. I wanna see how it got that way! What kinda stuff does your folder of choice tackle along its journey?

My #72 is new yet and doesnt have any stories to tell but it will in time as it proves itself worthy of being in my pocket every day. It tackles small food prep from time to time and mostly opens letters and boxes at work and around the house. I will try to take pics along the way as well if this thread proves popular enough.

Lets see your favorite knives at work!!!

Matt

I just cleaned out my Photobucket. Had a few of knives in use in there. I did leave this one though. An old pic of my first custom (Davison 1054) in use helping me work on the old project car. Tells ya how long ago as the car is done now.

A fellow Southern Ford fan I see! My Screen name is for my 1966 Mustang Sprint 6. First car, still have it and decided to keep the 6 and turbocharge it. It might make some shudder but whatever knife is in my pocket at the time will be used in the garage on any of the many projects I find myself tinkering with lol

Matt

I'll merge it with the older thread as soon as I get near my PC.

I appreciate it! I also appreciate AusLoX turning me onto the correct thread. Now I cant quit scrolling thru it!

Matt

A fellow Southern Ford fan I see! My Screen name is for my 1966 Mustang Sprint 6. First car, still have it and decided to keep the 6 and turbocharge it. It might make some shudder but whatever knife is in my pocket at the time will be used in the garage on any of the many projects I find myself tinkering with lol

Matt

Neat car. That'll be a cool project.

And I do the same. There's only a couple that I won't use for whatever. The rest are subject to any and every use.

012271930e34e3177d670cbed26e2f5e.jpg
- W.F. Smitty custom 5" folder, 1095 spey blade -

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
When I first got my Sardinian resolza, I tried to out on gutting and cleaning a bunch opt fresh sardines for the grill.

It did just fine!

I appreciate it! I also appreciate AusLoX turning me onto the correct thread. Now I cant quit scrolling thru it!

Matt

No problem. It's been a few weeks since anyone posted on the workout thread so it seemed to disappear for a while.

This photo was taken after I finished cleaning some pheasants..
14a14be2f18d0a48fdc9720a7c82cda4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving the pics guys! I put an edge on my new #72 and look forward to seein how long it takes to dull it again.

Matt

Breakfast duty again for the #72. Its starting to build up a decent patina which is nice, apples will start tasting better soon LOL

Matt

Back