Did your Traditional knife get a workout today? -Part II

Given that I used the knife to prepare the brisket, cut off the fat, open the coal bag and shave the fatwood to start the smoker I thought it only fair that it should take the first slice of the pastrami. I love the crunchy edges!

pastramisak.jpg

IMG_2968.jpg

My Case yellow handle CV Trapper helped to prepare a healthy snack for lunch at the office today.

I used my new Aurillac to smoothe off the nubbins on a stick of oak till I could jam it into a 1.5" pipe. Theory being, it won't be able to kink and bend much in drying.
DSCF6534.JPG

Neat idea with the pipe. The knife looks nice too! I had one a few years back with beautiful horn covers. Sadly, that was the only redeeming quality of the knife. Yours looks to have a much better fit and finish than mine did. Mine had a terrible action, gaps everywhere, and the edge rested against the backspring when closed. It was kind of sad, because the size and blade shape are a fantastic combination for an edc knife.

I used my knife today to slice up some deer bologna. It also opened up a new vacuum sealer that I used to reseal the half that didn't get sliced.
2017-02-12_07-17-24 by Daniel Pfeiffer, on Flickr
2017-02-12_07-17-53 by Daniel Pfeiffer, on Flickr

This stuff is sooooooo good. It is hands down my favorite thing to have the processor make whenever I'm fortunate enough to harvest a deer.

Texas cattle knife at Texas Roadhouse. It was a good night. No action shots as i was hungry.

Neat idea with the pipe. The knife looks nice too! I had one a few years back with beautiful horn covers. Sadly, that was the only redeeming quality of the knife. Yours looks to have a much better fit and finish than mine did. Mine had a terrible action, gaps everywhere, and the edge rested against the backspring when closed. It was kind of sad, because the size and blade shape are a fantastic combination for an edc knife.

I used my knife today to slice up some deer bologna. It also opened up a new vacuum sealer that I used to reseal the half that didn't get sliced.

This stuff is sooooooo good. It is hands down my favorite thing to have the processor make whenever I'm fortunate enough to harvest a deer.

Thanks. I have high hopes for the pipe ploy. Nice Boker there with your deer sausage, too.

I think I know what you mean about the Aurillac. There are some pretty similar French regional knives, but this is the one that dragged me off to buy it, and I'm very happy with it.

Given that I used the knife to prepare the brisket, cut off the fat, open the coal bag and shave the fatwood to start the smoker I thought it only fair that it should take the first slice of the pastrami. I love the crunchy edges!

pastramisak.jpg

Looks delicious. Is that a single spring Vic?

The 81 helped out today in planting a Sugar Maple and a Little Gem Magnolia. Next week it'll help me plant a Saucer Magnolia and Yoshino Cheery. It'll certainly is getting a good bath and oiling today.

Thanks Paul. :). That green jigged 81 of yours is looking great. I love the patina on it. :thumbup:

Fine knife Brett, but really envious about your early start gardening. It's a load of snow here and lots of minus, can't do that stuff till late May.....:eek::grumpy:

Fine knife Brett, but really envious about your early start gardening. It's a load of snow here and lots of minus, can't do that stuff till late May.....:eek::grumpy:

Will, I would certainly have to find a way to fight seasonal depression if the winters lasted any longer here. And, it doesnt even get that cold or snowy, it just gets grey and lifeless. One of the reasons for the Magnolia I suppose. Hang in there. May isnt that far. (I keep telling myself that as well because I will be out for the summer. :D)

Cut some twine and hoses to brace the trees for tonight's projected storm.

My lil helpers

We needed to hurry as the chicken needed to be checked.

Brett, hope your trees survived! Saw some photos of damage your way and I know we had several trees down here this morning.

Back