Did your Traditional knife get a workout today? -Part II

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by knarfeng, May 25, 2013.

1. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    I'm curious about the folder, it doesn't have a kick below the edge. Would I be right in guessing it has a stop pin of some kind?
    I really like the texture on the tang,nice contrast to the rest of the blade.

JTB_5 likes this.
  2. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    No stop pin, just contour of the backspring. It does have a little bit of rap, though. The texture is a favorite of mine. Willem O’Kelly is the maker (K’roo blades) and he has a unique style and does really excellent work for a good price.

Misplaced Hillbilly likes this.
  3. Markeologist

Markeologist Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 21, 2018
    Last night it did, took a bite out of me while I was working on "muscle memory"... opening and closing my newly purchased Russlock while watching TV.

[​IMG]

4. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    Not today, but two day ago, used my Rough Rider RR597 Uellow Trapper to open a Amazon padded envelope with ant bait, and a unexpected (after 2 months I'd given up hope it would ever come in) box containing a new flat band slingshot. :)
    I used the trapper to shorten the bands 5 inches, and a couple pieces of red and green (or is it yellow?) fiber optic for the sights, as well.

Cutfinger and JohnDF like this.
  5. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I used these to cut open some seed packets and cut string for the garden.
    [​IMG]
    I know it looks kinda trashy now, but soon it'll be covered in green and makes a great tomato cage / vine trellis. :D
    [​IMG]

6. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    That’s brilliant!

7. r8shell

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks! :)

Dschal likes this.
  8. timjmayerjax

timjmayerjax

Jan 12, 2020
    What is the fixed blade? Cool knives

9. r8shell

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks! It's an Enzo Necker in olive wood.

Jack Black likes this.
  10. Sacto

Sacto Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 27, 2017
    I used this little Schrade today to swap out a few ear tags on some new bulls before we turn them out with the cows.
    [​IMG]
    I do like the sheepsfoot/Turkish clip blade combo on this one. With the sunken joints and the carbon steel, it’s a nice sleek knife.

11. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    [​IMG]

;)

12. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I ate an apple :)

[​IMG]

13. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I like it. Something along the stockman line actually getting used on livestock:):thumbsup:

Sacto and TheChunk91 like this.
  14. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2013
    I used my case sowbelly a fair bit today but for the duty of crawling in the gravel under a new house I swapped to this 61ot. I had a few minutes to kill while under there so I left a momento. Not so bad for me laying sideways, I think.

If anybody can find the carving they can have the knife. :D

IMG_7137.JPG

15. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Dang it!
    I checked... But it wasn't under MY house. :(

16. untytled

untytled Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2014
    IMG_20200228_092034-3024x2268.jpg
    Mid-morning work snack

17. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I found this on the workbench still shiny after a couple of years. So I gave it some kitchen work over a couple of days. Eggplant, sweet potato, turnip, orange, apple, banana, red cabbage-
    [​IMG]
    I tried sticking it in a potato first, but that never works for me, what with "ten minutes should be long enough", and "Overnight might dissolve the whole thing".

18. Just Tom.

Just Tom.

Apr 24, 2019
    This little guy helped me out today. I took my wife to the airport, and though I wasn’t going through security I figured as a precaution I would not bring anything too big or anything I would fear having confiscated. I managed to rip the plastic luggage tag of one of her bags getting on an elevator - tore out the hole the strap went through. While in the check-in line I cut a new hole in the other end of the thick rubbery tag, reattached it, and good as new!
    [​IMG]

19. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I’d need my reading glasses just to see if it was still on my key chain:D But hey, it earned its keep today:thumbsup:

Crazy Canuck, JohnDF and Just Tom. like this.
  20. Just Tom.

Just Tom.

Apr 24, 2019
    Hey! That blade measures a whopping 1-5/8”, I’ll have you know!:D I WILL be carrying this for the rest of the day, though, to compensate for the humiliation:
    [​IMG]