Did your Traditional knife get a workout today? -Part II

I'm curious about the folder, it doesn't have a kick below the edge. Would I be right in guessing it has a stop pin of some kind?
I really like the texture on the tang,nice contrast to the rest of the blade.

No stop pin, just contour of the backspring. It does have a little bit of rap, though. The texture is a favorite of mine. Willem O’Kelly is the maker (K’roo blades) and he has a unique style and does really excellent work for a good price.

Last night it did, took a bite out of me while I was working on "muscle memory"... opening and closing my newly purchased Russlock while watching TV.

upload_2020-2-14_16-10-29-jpeg.1283848

Not today, but two day ago, used my Rough Rider RR597 Yellow Trapper to open a Amazon padded envelope with ant bait, and a unexpected (after 2 months I'd given up hope it would ever come in) box containing a new flat band slingshot. :)
I used the trapper to shorten the bands 5 inches, and a couple pieces of red and green (or is it yellow?) fiber optic for the sights, as well.

Last edited:
I used this little Schrade today to swap out a few ear tags on some new bulls before we turn them out with the cows.
BhM9GcA.jpg

I do like the sheepsfoot/Turkish clip blade combo on this one. With the sunken joints and the carbon steel, it’s a nice sleek knife.

I like it. Something along the stockman line actually getting used on livestock:):thumbsup:

I used my case sowbelly a fair bit today but for the duty of crawling in the gravel under a new house I swapped to this 61ot. I had a few minutes to kill while under there so I left a momento. Not so bad for me laying sideways, I think.

If anybody can find the carving they can have the knife. :D

View attachment 1292177
Dang it!
I checked... But it wasn't under MY house. :(

I found this on the workbench still shiny after a couple of years. So I gave it some kitchen work over a couple of days. Eggplant, sweet potato, turnip, orange, apple, banana, red cabbage-
dsJEPIE.jpg

I tried sticking it in a potato first, but that never works for me, what with "ten minutes should be long enough", and "Overnight might dissolve the whole thing".

This little guy helped me out today. I took my wife to the airport, and though I wasn’t going through security I figured as a precaution I would not bring anything too big or anything I would fear having confiscated. I managed to rip the plastic luggage tag of one of her bags getting on an elevator - tore out the hole the strap went through. While in the check-in line I cut a new hole in the other end of the thick rubbery tag, reattached it, and good as new!
VPf64rI.jpg

This little guy helped me out today. I took my wife to the airport, and though I wasn’t going through security I figured as a precaution I would not bring anything too big or anything I would fear having confiscated. I managed to rip the plastic luggage tag of one of her bags getting on an elevator - tore out the hole the strap went through. While in the check-in line I cut a new hole in the other end of the thick rubbery tag, reattached it, and good as new!
VPf64rI.jpg

I’d need my reading glasses just to see if it was still on my key chain:D But hey, it earned its keep today:thumbsup:

Back