Did your Traditional knife get a workout today? -Part II

The Hess Whitetail took care of a whitetail yesterday. My mug isn’t worth looking at so this handsome devil filled in for the photo:confused:

62179-BD4-5-EDE-4-D31-BF91-34-DDA867-D530.jpg

5069-D2-C8-F1-F5-4-E20-BB3-D-B1-AA049-B6-D7-F.jpg

NOYm9jI.jpg

Been treating the bosses retired mare for an abscess in her hoof, here I've cut away the old bandages, being very careful, the not super pointy blade is an extra safety measure.
sGTIGFt.jpg

Sorry this one is blurry, hard to take pics and hold a horses foot upside down lol. At the tip of my thumb is the hole the vet cut for drainage. The brown muck is whats left of the drawing salve from the previous treatment.
OPwVc4F.jpg

A soaking in Epsom salt, 20 minutes to stand there and make sure she stands still,easily said but a real challenge even though she's a very good patient horse.
vOfI956.jpg

Duct tape pad for a sole.
snOViMB.jpg

After applying drawing salve I put a diaper on her foot, then wrap in vet wrap. Then a wrap in duct tape mostly to make it tough enough to walk around and not fall apart. Hopefully today is the last day.
W2wQ99a.jpg

Not a bad looking ol girl to be in her 40's, still runs and kicks up her heels from time to time.:D

NOYm9jI.jpg

Been treating the bosses retired mare for an abscess in her hoof, here I've cut away the old bandages, being very careful, the not super pointy blade is an extra safety measure.
sGTIGFt.jpg

Sorry this one is blurry, hard to take pics and hold a horses foot upside down lol. At the tip of my thumb is the hole the vet cut for drainage. The brown muck is whats left of the drawing salve from the previous treatment.
OPwVc4F.jpg

A soaking in Epsom salt, 20 minutes to stand there and make sure she stands still,easily said but a real challenge even though she's a very good patient horse.
vOfI956.jpg

Duct tape pad for a sole.
snOViMB.jpg

After applying drawing salve I put a diaper on her foot, then wrap in vet wrap. Then a wrap in duct tape mostly to make it tough enough to walk around and not fall apart. Hopefully today is the last day.
W2wQ99a.jpg

Not a bad looking ol girl to be in her 40's, still runs and kicks up her heels from time to time.:D

Done that quite a few times. Getting them to stand in the bucket is the hard part for sure!

I should try to replace the starting cord on mine. I'm dependent on the electric starter.
I hear you Jer, I was as well until the electric start went out on mine about 10 years ago and for $200.00 I passed on fixing it. It's a 7 hp Briggs and Stratton MTD snowblower that just WON'T die:eek::D I bought it in 1996 and it has no light, hand warmers and any amenities at all, just a bare bones snowblower that would leave the energizer bunny in it's snow dust:D I simply service it seasonally and it runs and runs, a one pull wonder:thumbsup:

I do dream of a new fancy smancy Husqvarna when I stop in occasionally to the local shop but now I'm on a quest to see how long I can hang in there with my trusty MTD pal;):)

State wide Blizzard

Had what I am assuming is the same blizzard in Rapid City as well so I used my opinel #8 to open a bag of rice for my meal didn't really have much else to eat and I don't feel like walking to the nearest restaurant and grocery store was definitely a no go.

Had what I am assuming is the same blizzard in Rapid City as well so I used my opinel #8 to open a bag of rice for my meal didn't really have much else to eat and I don't feel like walking to the nearest restaurant and grocery store was definitely a no go.
It certainly covered more than ND. SD,MN, WI felt the effect's of it as well. We sell furniture made in Rapid City...Perdue Furn Co (bedroom furniture) we sell truckloads of it;):thumbsup:

I do dream of a new fancy smancy Husqvarna when I stop in occasionally to the local shop
I feel similarly about a new one. And similarly, as long as my old henchman is steadfast in the shield-wall, I can stand to twiddle the chute crank and do without a chute lever.

That blizzard seems to be missing us. Looks like a dry week with highs near and above 40. No complaints.
And speaking of working knives, this one has suffered the rigors today of being selected to tackle those shrubs out front I've been yapping about for weeks or months.
iR55Bjw.jpg

Or maybe the loom-fixer.

Back