Did your Traditional knife get a workout today? -Part II

MFl1aCF.jpg

Whatever I'm carrying will get used at work at some point :thumbsup:

I used my Vic Minichamp as "dividers" or "compass" to check the accuracy of students' compass-and-straightedge constructions on one item of a geometry test I was grading. I deployed the ink pen, and then used the nail file blade, open to varying degrees, as the other "arm" of my compass. (My "real" compass is apparently in my office, instead of being kept in my backpack so I can use it wherever I am.) Never thought I'd use the Minichamp this way, but it worked like a champ! ;):thumbsup::cool:

This isn't a pic of the Minichamp compass in action, but it does show nail file (bottom left) and ink pen (right end of handle) deployed. Just ignore the other tools open or partly open in the pic.
minichamp.4open.jpg

- GT

I used my Vic Minichamp as "dividers" or "compass" to check the accuracy of students' compass-and-straightedge constructions on one item of a geometry test I was grading. I deployed the ink pen, and then used the nail file blade, open to varying degrees, as the other "arm" of my compass. (My "real" compass is apparently in my office, instead of being kept in my backpack so I can use it wherever I am.) Never thought I'd use the Minichamp this way, but it worked like a champ! ;):thumbsup::cool:

This isn't a pic of the Minichamp compass in action, but it does show nail file (bottom left) and ink pen (right end of handle) deployed. Just ignore the other tools open or partly open in the pic.
View attachment 1427270

- GT
Thanks for coming up with one more use for the Minichamp. :) That might come in handy for me some day.:cool::thumbsup:

Nice to see some fixed blades in here. That is the larger one of those, I have the smaller one. How does that feel in hand? Edge retention? Thanks.

I like the fixed blades from GEC. The one from that picture is the H10, which I think is the smaller version, I have a bigger one that is a H50, if I remember correctly, but it has been modified a little. As far as ergonomics I think the H73 is the best in hand. The H10 is fantastic for lighter cutting chores but the small handle is not comfortable for real work, for serious jobs I would take the bigger H50. The edge retention on all of them seems to be quite good for carbon steel blades. I try not to wear them down too far before they get a touch up, and a few light strokes will bring them back.
6A9C3F71-C7E9-4AB3-A94B-C1E3045225D1.jpeg

Just finished breaking down a couple 12's of boxes for the facility, with the sheepsfoot blade of my Marbles D2 Sowbelly stockman. :)
Why fill up the 5 yard dumpster with boxes if you ain't gotta? Not to mention, the Dumpster Company charge extra when they gotta come more than one a week. (oops. I mentioned it. :( )
Besides, it gave me a excuse to use one of my EDC today. :)
(Breakfast, lunch and supper today don't need cut ... ladled perhaps ... but not cut.)

Back