Do you Lanyard your Sebenza/Inkosi?

nickj79

Gold Member
Im debating whether or not to remove my lanyard as Ive noticed many remove theirs. I have noticed that it makes retrieving the knife easy, as I can just reach for the lanyard rather than spend more time getting a good grip on the knife that is clipped against my pocket.
Do you all remove them because you simply don't like the look?

No lanyard for me. Don't like the extra sticking out my pocket. Just my preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the stock lanyard off and made my own with parachord. Maybe it has more flexibility as it will lay almost flush with the knife so you do not see it protruding at all.

i actually just cut the lanyard on my small sebbie...may do the same with my large...

IMG_3538_zpsfqgaphyk.jpg

IMG_3539_zpsf21htppb.jpg

I also feel like when gripping the knife when deployed it gives the knife added real-estate. And my pinky has something to grip. The stock lanyard wasn't as practical as it was too short.
IMG_3540_zpsbizxryun.jpg

First thing I used to do was remove the lanyard. I'm glad I left it, it does help retrieving it out of the pocket. Try it for a while it might work for you.

rH726Nt.jpg

I have most with lanyards and some without. If I clip it I don't want a lanyard because I don't like how it hangs outside my pocket. But I like it for fishing out. Just trying to figure out what to do with my larges. I want to keep​ the pin but don't want to burn the edges of paracord to keep it in place.

No lanyard for me. Too obtrusive on an EDC. I do disassemble the knives and remove the lanyard / pin intact. Just in case I change my mind.

On CRKs I dislike having an empty lanyard hole, though. The titanium lanyard pins from MXG make a great filler.

It depends on the Sebenza.....! Some I go old school with the lanyard tied through the frame holes and others I go with the newer style lanyard. Some don't have a lanyard at all.

I leave the stock lanyard/fob where it is as i have my sebenza in the leather pouch. Having the lanyard/fob make it easier to grab it.

I left the lanyard on my 25. It doesn't serve much of a purpose, but doesn't bother me either, so it's still there.

Large 21 with leather lanyard, I love how the leather ages and takes on character over time and use.

-----
Nyef, I am loving your Catch!

Back