Doggy Pics:

Love of dogs is a family characteristic; here is a scan of a photo of my sister and her Old English Sheepdog which recently appeared in her local paper in the lead-up to an animal charity fund-raiser:

JoOmiinToowoombaChronicle.jpg

I love OE sheepdogs. Never seen one that didn't look exactly like every other OE though. I wonder if their owners get them mixed up at dog shows.

My hunting buddy, kicks the hogs out of the brush for me. It's on the quad.

Attachments

• DSC00014.jpg
    DSC00014.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 73
Heres a few taken at my parents house over the winter, the heeler is mine (Chiodos) and the Norwegian Elk Hound is my parents (Bandit)
017.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

018.jpg

@ Carolina River Rat : some breeds like OES and Border Collies can look alike, but when I used to show my late Becky it was the exhibitors with the little 'Toy' dogs like Chihuahua's, Maltese and Bichon Frieze (watch out saying that name out loud a few times :eek: ) who would just gab a dog out of a cage or crate on wheels, rush it into the ring, then have to make a hasty retreat backout to grab the correct entry before the judge got to them. :D

@ el dub your companion is a Blue Heeler?

@ derrickd803: few if any Australian Blue Heelers in their homeland see snow like your Chiodos does.

Blue heelers ROCK!!!:thumbup:

My apologies for not mentioning your Blue Heeler cross Princess and I assume pure bred BH Cokey ?

Downunder the official name for the breed is the Australian Cattle Dog. It also comes in a red color too.

Plus there is the Stumpy Tailed Cattle Dog which was developed in the State of Queensland and comes in both blue and red colors and has a naturally occurring short tail; its looks and size is almost identical to the ACD but is also less aggressive with a bit softer temperament.

They are icons of the Aussie bush.:thumbup:

My apologies for not mentioning your Blue Heeler cross Princess and I assume pure bred BH Cokey ?

Downunder the official name for the breed is the Australian Cattle Dog. It also comes in a red color too.

Plus there is the Stumpy Tailed Cattle Dog which was developed in the State of Queensland and comes in both blue and red colors and has a naturally occurring short tail; its looks and size is almost identical to the ACD but is also less aggressive with a bit softer temperament.

They are icons of the Aussie bush.:thumbup:

no problem. Both girls are a handful. :D

GracieI.jpg

First time on a boat. She freaked out to get on, but was fine in about 10 min.

Gracie, 6 mon. old Choc. Lab

Purty choc lab. My yeller one was the same way first time on a boat. Did NOT want to get in, but once we got underway she calmed down. Now she hops in before I even have a chance to get it off the trailer.

@ el dub your companion is a Blue Heeler?

I dont know what kind she is. My nephew got her up in Oakhurst, and I got her about 1 1/2 years later when he couldn't keep her anymore.

Back