DPx H•E•S•T/F...ANNOUNCING THE HEST FOLDER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
odds are, if you got the email with the pics, you have a knife reserved for you since the pics were only for people who reserved a limited edition knife

odds are, if you got the email with the pics, you have a knife reserved for you since the pics were only for people who reserved a limited edition knife
+1....... Excellent post!!!! You cut through it all and nailed it!!!! :thumbup: :)
-
--
---
----

PS/ Thanks for the update 'RYP'......
:thumbup:

Last edited:
OK, HERE IS A BONEHEAD QUESTION

What is the difference between the Mr DP and the Sterile on the 250 limited? I put myself down for a Mr DP but I am wondering what exactly is the difference, most concerned with the blade itself. Is there a design on the blade and if so how is it done. Kind of wishing I had gone sterile now.

On the pdf file I see the Mr DP's on the blade, I am concerned about the method of making the design and how durable it will be. Any help or clarification is appreciated

OK, HERE IS A BONEHEAD QUESTION

What is the difference between the Mr DP and the Sterile on the 250 limited?
I put myself down for a Mr DP but I am wondering what exactly is the difference, most concerned with the blade itself. Is there a design on the blade and if so how is it done. Kind of wishing I had gone sterile now.

On the pdf file I see the Mr DP's on the blade, I am concerned about the method of making the design and how durable it will be. Any help or clarification is appreciated
Do you guys read these threads???? ......... :confused: :eek: :D :D lol :)
The answer to your first question is below... in BOLD. ;)

The coating on the regular run knives is the flat black milspec you are used to seeing on military weapons. The blade is sandblasted to drop the luster and then engraved and then anodized to prevent corrosion even in the engraved areas. The finish will mark but is very difficult to wear off. The edge of course and continual sharpening the D2 tool steel will wear it off.

The Limited edition knife will be German D2 tool steel, sand blasted, engraved with MR DP pattern (there is also the sterile version that only has the number on the top of the blade) then sputter coated with a Titanium Carbide coating to harden the steel and is very difficult to wear off.

The Titanium on both knives is a medium grey tumble finish and looks very, very nice. We are just finalizing and pushing the button. Gianni has done a spectacular job and shown great enthusiasm for this project despite my micro managing every aspect of the production. Thom over at Monster Blade Works is hard at work weaving the 250 Afghan Commemorative Campaign lanyard for the First Run and the project is on schedule.

Is there any way to contact DPx Gear to verify if I actually have #113 reserved? I can't find a contact link anywhere.

Is there any way to contact DPx Gear to verify if I actually have #113 reserved? I can't find a contact link anywhere.

If you look hard enough...

RYP or R.A.T...

I thought I'd followed the steps required to reserve one of these back in August, but didn't get the recent email message/progress report.

Now I'm wondering if I'm in or out... :confused: (but hopeful!)

Cheers
--
Terry McG

Terry email me directly with your info and number at ryp at comebackalive.com and I will check

....its all here. Plus there is an entire thread dedicated to it.

Thanks for the links, but really it's getting to the point where it's no longer worth the effort. I followed all the instructions to a T when it came to reserving the LE knife and it appears the system failed.

I'll guess I'll just save the $250

Thanks for the links, but really it's getting to the point where it's no longer worth the effort. I followed all the instructions to a T when it came to reserving the LE knife and it appears the system failed.

I'll guess I'll just save the $250

First of all let me apologize for the confusion this has created. We made the mistake of releasing the standard run and the limited run at the same time. This has caused a lot of confusion and we field calls and emails daily dealing with this. Plus, no one should have to search through half a million post to try and figure out how to buy a knife. Rest assured though that this will settle down and work itself out. With that said, dpxgear.com is only dealing with the limited run and and ESEE is only dealing with the standard run going to the dealers. Thanks for hangin' in there.

Have there been any updates on when the regular production run will hit dealers? I have one on pre-order with Knifeworks.

Have there been any updates on when the regular production run will hit dealers? I have one on pre-order with Knifeworks.
As far as I know, from what has been posted thus far; the "target date" is mid to late December.

I have one pre-ordered with Roger also. :)

Did you email RYP as above?

Cheers,
--
Terry McG

Gianni is giving us a ship date of December 10 so it looks as though everything is on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back