DPx H•E•S•T/F...ANNOUNCING THE HEST FOLDER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a list of 250 folks who ordered a first run knife that is being sold direct and the dealers have pre ordered their the regular knives for their customers. I have posted my direct email and people have been in constant contact with the dpxgear site folks.

On Monday people will be able to log in to the www.dpxgear.com site and finalize their order, finalize their configuration and make payment. The reserved numbers that aren't claimed within a couple of weeks will go up for sale.

The configs, differences and specs have been discussed here and are posted on the www.dpxgear site. Monday, the site will be up and each First Run member will be notified on what to do. Those that live in the analog world will be contacted as well. Just as I am sure the dealers will let their customers know that the product is on the way.

We will be getting some more pics with finalized finishes and will post them.

Dear RYP,

I have just received the email regarding the payment.

Does the shipping includes tracking number?

I believed this is going to be one hella good knife for me not to miss out and thus tracking options are very important to me and the custom clearance as well.

Thank you for your time again. Yes i've email info@dpxgear.com

J

I thought we were gonna see completed prototypes before payment was requested.

this was the email we received with some pics

These photos are from Lionsteel and show the first hand assembled prototype. Keep in mind there will be changes (the jimping, choil and other areas) , there is no coating or finish and certain parts are rough finished for fit. The final product will be coated, finished and engraved. But because you have reserved a limited edition knife we wanted you to see this photos. We will not ask for payment until the the approved and finished prototype is shown to you. Please don't distribute or post these photos they are only for DPx members. Also please do not respond regarding numbers, reservations or model. We will go through all that when we send out the next email. No money or reconfirmation is required at this point. We have plenty of people on the waiting list for this knife.

Those changes could really change the way the knife looks. And may effect my decision on the purchase. Anyone else feel this way or is it just me.

Honestly, I was hoping for the same thing as well. So far, I have seen a rough prototype. While I have no doubt the final product will be quality, I'd still like to see a finished prototype before payment. Anyway, there is a payment grace period, so perhaps we have to wait and see:)

I thought we were gonna see completed prototypes before payment was requested.

this was the email we received with some pics

These photos are from Lionsteel and show the first hand assembled prototype. Keep in mind there will be changes (the jimping, choil and other areas) , there is no coating or finish and certain parts are rough finished for fit. The final product will be coated, finished and engraved. But because you have reserved a limited edition knife we wanted you to see this photos. We will not ask for payment until the the approved and finished prototype is shown to you. Please don't distribute or post these photos they are only for DPx members. Also please do not respond regarding numbers, reservations or model. We will go through all that when we send out the next email. No money or reconfirmation is required at this point. We have plenty of people on the waiting list for this knife.

Those changes could really change the way the knife looks. And may effect my decision on the purchase. Anyone else feel this way or is it just me.
I personally am good with what the finished product will be. :thumbup: :)
I have confidence it will not end up a POS. :D

I thought I read that we'd be able to pay thru dpxgear.com with credit/debit card? I guess I could send a check but, I don't use PayPal.

hey verm if you click on the paypal link you can pay by credit/debit card without having a paypal account. just click the pay by credit link.

take it easy
cricket

Is the "standard" version still on schedule for being released before Christmas?

geez...sorry about that. thanks, Teacher...my typing-foo is messed up tonight.
I meant to say that I read as soon as the LE versions are done...they'd start right on the others.

and that I hoped that DH1 was pre-ordering one or would ASAP if he wanted one...as it's been posted here that some online sellers are already filled up on their allotments.

:thumbup: .... I figured there was something amiss. :) :thumbup: :)

I think we are all gonna be real happy with these knives........ ;)

I was pretty sure I made the list but no email.

Just remembered I was on the stand-bye list. Damn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back